Heroes

carinab

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have a hi bandwidth ISP, you can watch it online at www.nbc.com/heroes. Not the same as wide screen TV but if you can't wait....

Also there are two other forums that are pretty decent....

Ninth Wonder

Heroes-Forum.com

Woot! I was right about Eden - she works with HRG. And I wonder if that is it for the Nikki / Ms. Sanders (ala Jekell/Hyde) story line....

Sort of a filler episode last night but still very good.

Edited by carinab

So I was thinking Nikki might be Syler.

Did Sylar take a trip somewhere for a sex change operation? :lol: It was a man's voice on Papa Suresh's answering machine. I don't think Nikki is Sylar.

BTW, I snooped on nbc.com and Nikki isn't dead...Next week's plot summary includes her. Sorry if that's a spoiler...

BTW, I snooped on nbc.com and Nikki isn't dead...Next week's plot summary includes her. Sorry if that's a spoiler...

:( Ok I just decide that I may end up watching a TV show ...and You have to go and add that -spoiler -in . So ? It looks like ?Nikki is not good. and her husband is the good one.

At this point in the series I would not assume anything. There are strange forces at work here. The dead bodies at the poker table looked like they had been cut in half. The only character to be seen carrying a sword capable of doing that is Hiro.

What he heard while he and his partner were in the restroom could have been a Hiro from the future wreaking some havoc.

All is not what it appears... probably

• 4 weeks later...

She's not new... That's the short haired hyno-babe that can make you do whatever she wants. She's the one that snagged up Sylar at the end of last week's episode.

Felt a bit bad for Hiro tonight. He tries so hard to live up to his name but so far he's failing miserably.

I think either Jessica/Nicky's husband is going to be the dead hero next week, or it's Isaac the painter that gets the bullet. After next week there will be no new episode until the new year.... Arrgh :(

I am interested to find out how Sylar extracts the powers from his victims...

...I tried to explain to my wife the humor in the "Great Scott" comment... but apparenly Back to the Future didn't ring any bells or her.

I think Sylar can see how the brain works and reconfigures his brain to do the same thing.

Still confused with how the father fits into everything. So far we know he's immune to the Jedi mind trick from the brunette as long as the mind eraser guy is present. But is he part of a govt agency?

Edited by Scooter

...I tried to explain to my wife the humor in the "Great Scott" comment... but apparenly Back to the Future didn't ring any bells or her.

My son thinks he eats their brains. Yeah, he's a 15 year old.

Did anyone notice the gun the girl was holding on tonights episode? I noticed the STI wording on the underside of the frame, looked like an open gun without the c-more....pretty cool...

I noticed that gun and believe it said "infinity" on the side of the slide - maybe an SV-STI hybrid

Sue (using Steve's computer)

You only watch the show because the kid with your name ! :P

You only watch the show because the kid with your name ! :P

Chris, you have no idea how much it freaks the hell out of me to hear someone I don't know saying my name either. All my live, if someone shouts "Micah", there's only one person they are calling to ;)

[lie] That being said, I am used to sexy blonde women shouting my name all the time :D [/lie]

Edited by Pharaoh Bender

Could you all imagine if Sylar managed to "gather up" all the collective abilities ???

He currently has:

Telekinesis

Ultimate Memory

Ultimate Persuasion

What he wants:

Ultimate Strength

Invincibility

Walk Through Walls

Flying

Bend Time & Space

Mind Reading

See Into The Future

:huh: :huh: :huh:

:ph34r:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

Back to the future? Here's some Great Scott Trivia for you:

Let’s look at the facts. Until recently the earliest known example, in the big Oxford English Dictionary, was from F Anstey’s Tinted Venus of 1885: “Great Scott! I must be bad!”. But the digitising of electronic texts and the recent publication of the diary of an American Civil War veteran have moved the saying back in stages to the time of that conflict. The diary is Eye of the Storm: a Civil War Odyssey, written and illustrated by Private Robert Knox Sneden. He says in his diary entry of 3 May 1864: “ ‘Great Scott,’ who would have thought that this would be the destiny of the Union Volunteer in 1861–2 while marching down Broadway to the tune of ‘John Brown’s Body’ ”.

So it’s almost certainly American, of Civil War era at the latest. Two later examples that I recently found suggest that it may have referred to a real person. One is from Galaxy magazine of July 1871: “ ‘Great—Scott!’ he gasped in his stupefaction, using the name of the then commander-in-chief for an oath, as officers sometimes did in those days”. The other is from a book of 1872, Americanisms; the English of the New world by the excellently named Maximilian Schele De Vere: “ ‘Scott, Great!’ a curious euphemistic oath, in which the name of a well-known general is substituted for the original word, probably merely because of its monosyllabic form”. Another electronic search, by Fred Shapiro of Yale Law School, turned up an earlier example from a May 1861 issue of The New York Times: “These gathering hosts of loyal freemen, under the command of the great SCOTT”.

There was indeed a famous American general named Scott, who did have the title of commander-in-chief of the US Army at the time of the outbreak of the Civil War, though he is best known as one of the two American heroes of the Mexican War of 1846–48 (if, that is, you’re American and not Mexican). This was General Winfield Scott, known to his troops as Old Fuss and Feathers. It seems plausible that he is the source being pointed to, especially as in his later years he weighed 300 pounds (21 stone or 136kg) was too fat to ride a horse and was certainly a great Scott in a very literal sense.

There’s nothing new in this attribution, however. Winfield Scott has previously been fingered as the origin by several writers, among them Eric Partridge. And we still can’t be absolutely sure that he was the Scott being alluded to. But the combination of dates and the references written so soon after the event point to him quite strongly.