Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heroes

carinab

This show debuted on September 25th but unfortunately I didn't catch it until the 2nd episode. One of the writers works in comic books and the show flows in sort of that serialized, comic book manner very well. There are also some references to popular comic and science fiction icons woven into the scripts. For example, there's a scene where the horned rim glasses guy asks Suresh, a genetics doctor, if Suresh isn't the Indian last name equivelant to Smith or Anderson. And he's says it in his best Matrix Agent voice. Anyway, I don't watch a lot of TV but I'll be making the effort to follow this show.

NBC will run the first three episodes back to back Sunday night starting at 7pm central. Be warned that there is striptease scene and some graphic/gory content - not something you might want the kiddos to see.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I missed the first two but caught them with Bitorrent. Seemingly an X-Men rip-off at first glance, but it ends up uniquely cool. Just putting things together at a really nice pace and throwing in some awesome twists. I wonder if they're going to make it a kind of Groundhog Day in which Hiro bends time if they don't succed by November 8 in NYC.

Speaking of pacing, they haven't revealed the Vegas woman's power. It's like she has blackouts in which her kick-ass alter ego (warrior goddess?) takes over. Any theories?

BADASS!!! Ninjatimetravelingsuperdude!!

When I got the Dillon 550, the wife got Tivo, and up until now, I have NEVER been a TV watcher!

Heros kicks ass, and the time traveling ninja made me a freakin' fan forever! Gotta love the X-Men/X-Files/Millenuim flavor! :wub:

Pharaoh Bender,

I think you've got the most original screen name I've ever seen. I LOVE it!

Thanks brother! Any show with a multitude of old sci-fi references and an alcoholic robot is groovy in my book!

A close second, however, is any show with a time/space traveling ninja :D

The gun the guy came to kill him with is an STI/SV variant, looked like and open gun with no C-More.

Later he has that gun and raises it when someone comes to the door, but it's the girlfriend. The gun looked like it had a magwell and a single port comp.

I'm more intrigued by the younger brother .. Does he have any super powers at all? Maybe his super power is that he can clone those of others around him.

Nice call brother! I just caught this past Monday's episode.

Man this show is baddass :D

I'm more intrigued by the younger brother .. Does he have any super powers at all? Maybe his super power is that he can clone those of others around him.

Nice call brother! I just caught this past Monday's episode.

Man this show is baddass :D

Oh my god!!! That's what it is!!!!!! Me and the roomate have been going nuts to figure out what his problem was!!!!

Good episode...I am betting that Mr. HRG (horn rimmed glasses aka Bennet) isn't actually a bad guy...well, not exactly. He isn't Sylar for certain. If he were the one collecting freeze dried brains, he would have taken Matt's. He let Matt go (after giving him the "total recall" treatment) and he wiped Brady. Did he kill Papa Suresh? Don't know on that one but he knows the same gun smith as the "exterminator" who was planting (rather than killing) bugs in the Suresh apartment...that was another comp'd SV Mr. HRG was pointing at Petrelli.

Mr HRG is a lot like the "Cigarette Smoking Man" on the X-files in that you don't really ever know who's side he is on or what he is up to.

Other than the characters being developed (those with powers), he seems to be the one to watch.

dj

edited because my grammar sux :-)

Edited by dajarrel

I watched four episodes I had Tivoed last night. I loved it. My wife isn't into comic stuff at all, and she found herself staying up to watch them all with me too. That's good, the other recent show I've been watching, Dexter, on Showtime, isn't her cup of tea at all. It is pretty dark.

BTW, it definitely looks like an SVI to me.

Edited by GTOSHootr

{HRG} Don't know on that one but he knows the same gun smith as the "exterminator" who was planting (rather than killing) bugs in the Suresh apartment...that was another comp'd SV Mr. HRG was pointing at Petrelli.

It's the same gun! It just dawned on me why HRG had that comp'd SV when kidnapping Nathan Petrelli. Eden (the one hanging around Suresh) had access to it because as she has a key to Papa Suresh's place. She gave it to HRG so I'm gonna say she's working with/for him. But if I remember, Hiro finds that gun on the floor when he visits Isaac just before the big KABOOM...Hmmmm....not certain how that works.

Edited by carinab

Do they repeat episodes at a different time/date/station?

My wife filled the DVR with so much Dr.Phil, Oprah, and The View that Hero's got bumped off the recorder <_< (she's going to love coming home today to the 50 tivo'd SPorts Centers :P