Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

06 Production Nats Gossip Thread

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a difficult production match. The stages are more geared towards the open shooters with targets in the 15-40 yard range (steel too). Don't expect to see any huge hit factors on the production side. The production ladies started on stage 8 yesterday and everyone had fumbles. I saw one of the newer ladies on another squad beat our times by about 2 seconds. With target arrays leaving only 1 round for a make up shot, there were quite a number of standing reloads because of the steel. On stage 9, my .115 front site seemed to nearly cover the US poppers at 22 yards. Well okay, not exactly. But I spent last night dryfiring at aspirin just to get used to the sight picture. :P The poppers are all forward falling and with the stout 20 mph wind, they weren't releasing with consistency. Hits have to be high on the circle (especially shooting minor).

Today the ladies continue with stages 10-16. Our first stage will be a 9 round "speed" shoot. I put it in quotes because the poppers and targets are at 35 yards. There is another stage later today where the poppers are at the same distance but with no shoots behind them. :wacko:

The men's super squad is on the same schedule as we are so we can't watch their match - sorry I don't have any news!

Time to go dryfire on subatomic particles!

Watched Production SS yesterday on a few stages.

The stage with a couple of TX Stars gave a few of them fits.

I saw no less than 3 misses on the stars from each of the SS.

A couple of the guys went dry...on both stars. Think TGO won the stage.

Other than that, nothing eventful.

Heard that Darrion Holliwell of CZ got bumped into Open for having 11 rounds in a mag after the start signal...

Heard that Darrion Holliwell of CZ got bumped into Open for having 11 rounds in a mag after the start signal...

Heard that too... A production shooter to start with his/her barney round mag, a simple mental mistake that can ruin your whole match... Oh well.

That sucks...

Heard that too... A production shooter to start with his/her barney round mag, a simple mental mistake that can ruin your whole match... Oh well.

Definitely not an easy match in Production. I don't think anyone on the SS has shot clean so far. Lots of misses and mental errors. Today we shot in the morning and it was freaking cold. Todd Jarrett and Angus seem to be having some ammo problems with light hits (Although I think he fixed it yesterday). Travis is having the occasional failure to go into battery. I know Phil and Taran are also having some gun problems. Erik Lund is shooting for no score after just missing to make minor. His was the first squad to shoot the chrono this morning and I think it was about 3 degrees out. Shot a little later with the same ammo out of his bag and made it just fine.

I'm living up to my earlier prediction and getting my ass kicked.

Erik Lund is shooting for no score after just missing to make minor. His was the first squad to shoot the chrono this morning and I think it was about 3 degrees out. Shot a little later with the same ammo out of his bag and made it just fine.

now that "sucks!" :(

sorry erik

lynn

How did the RO figure that out? That is mighty impressive ROing. Sounds like the best of best RO at Nationals.

I was wondering the same thing. What stage?

I was wondering the same thing. What stage?

I wasn't there, but the scuttlebutt I heard was that it was on stage 8, where you start with empty gun on the table. Apparently the mag Darrion stuffed into the gun was his "loader" mag with 11 rounds in it, and having more than 10 in a mag anytime after the beep is a party foul.

B

Wow, that's an easy mistake to make. He would normally insert #1 mag and rack the slide before the beep. This time he inserted mag#1 after the beep givng him a legal 10+1 capacity, but 11 in the mag after the beep. That f'ing sucks!

The 11 round mag was an easy one to spot on that particular stage. I wasn't there, but it was on stage 8 "Don't be a rookie" (no unkindness intended but that stage name is kind of funny in this situation!) and you have 4 paper on each side with 4 steel in the middle. Apparently he shot the 4 paper on one side and then sent 3 shots towards the steel :(

Not hard to count that one!

The 11 round mag was an easy one to spot on that particular stage. I wasn't there, but it was on stage 8 "Don't be a rookie" (no unkindness intended but that stage name is kind of funny in this situation!) and you have 4 paper on each side with 4 steel in the middle. Apparently he shot the 4 paper on one side and then sent 3 shots towards the steel :(

I don't think that he'd want to go to slide-lock, let alone try and squeeze out a round that he wasn't counting on....quite puzzling :huh:

I don't think that he'd want to go to slide-lock, let alone try and squeeze out a round that he wasn't counting on....quite puzzling :huh:

I can't say that's exactly how it happened, it's just what the rumor mill was producing. From what I heard, some of the super squad were trying to take the 4 paper and 2 of the steel from one side (slide-lock) and then do the same thing on the other side. Too much of a gamble for me!

Edited by Unleashed

It was a 20 round stage with an empty gun start. If you push it, you can save a load and shoot 8 rds paper and 2 rds steel from each side. It was a pretty even split on our squad, some guys tried, a couple connected, and some just threw in the extra load. But like was said earlier, pretty easy to tell when some one throws a miss on a 20 rd stage and still only does one reload??? Darrion's cool about it though. He's making full use of those high cap SP-01 mags.