Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would Anyone Still Use Sp2 If Large Quantities Were Avail?

dnuke146

Doug, If it were available and I knew it was going to continue being available for

the forseeable future, I would switch tomorrow. I do--or at least did--know where some

is in our area if you are looking for some. I didn't buy it because when it was gone I would be right where I am now--running the last of a discontinued powder.

I'm running HS7 now in Major 9 Glock. When it's gone I'll have to switch powders, probably

to HS6. I think with the growing interest in major 9 that a big pile of SP2 would disappear

pretty fast.

Bill

It's absolutely the best powder for my gun. I could see buying about 20 lbs worth. But not 55 lbs like Grafs was selling for a while.

I made several inquiries to Nobelsport and their [former] distributors in the USA. Only one response, Zanders, said "We are not set up to import powder at this time."

I see no reason to believe interest wouldn't be huge. I've been using it for a couple of years and really like it. While it is perfect for the major nine, it would be a good choice for other 9 variants and .38 open guns as well. Even though I thought I was buying in bulk around two years ago, my only regret is not having bought every bit of it that was available at the time.....hindsight.

I still have 7 pounds of SP 2, I have been loading it for m 38 super open Revo ( see my avatar ) it makes the comp work soooo well.

I have not used it for the major 9 yet. What would be a good load?

But to answer the original question, I would buy it all day long.

SP2 isn't just for 9mm. Eric Graufel and Saul Kirsch have used it very successfully in their supers for a long time. Although it seems to be perfect for 9x19 major due to its slow, cool burn rate and density. jlh

It does work very well in 38 super/supercomp.

The only drawback to SP2 is that it is a little on the dirtier side.

If someone could import the stuff at a decent price, I'm sure there wouldn't be a shortage of demand with all the 9 major guns out there now.

Thanks for all the replies, i have a large quantity of the stuff that I want to unload but I just found out you have to be a company that makes and ships powder to ship powder, at least that is what one person told me.... darn.

Thanks for all the replies, i have a large quantity of the stuff that I want to unload but I just found out you have to be a company that makes and ships powder to ship powder, at least that is what one person told me.... darn.

Uh, how large, and what state do you live? ;):lol:

I'm sure the chances are good that there is a benos member near you who might take it off your hands.

Uh, how large, and what state do you live? ;):lol:

I'm sure the chances are good that there is a benos member near you who might take it off your hands.

I live in Oregon and I have 120lbs left that arent spoken for, 24lb lots, $18 a pound.

Thanks, Doug