Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone else move up?

Ron Ankeny

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cool.  I don't have any auto's.

The clips showed me what ya'll are doing.

I am into long distance shooting.

Deer hunting type stuff with my 44 mag super redhawk

9 1/2 inch barrel

I haven't got a scope for it, but soon will have.

I have been having damn good grouping at 100 yds.

Just found out that I could shoot the 150 yd target with

hardly no change in sighting.

My 200 yd target is just a little too far for me to see good.  My eyes aren't as good as they use to be.

• 4 weeks later...

Way to go BradC. I see we have several BE.com regulars in the top 20 in their class too. It just keeps getting better.

Gosh, I just checked my own classification. I'll be darned if I didn't shoot my way from B into the middle of A class in L10. Time to work on Open and Production.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 7:41 am on Sep. 13, 2002)

*Ding* A - Class Limited

And only 4 months after getting my B card.  

Of course if the classifiers focused more on field courses I'd be a low B, high C but they don't so here I am.

The funny thing is that they FINALLY gave my my RO certification that they should have given me 6 months ago.  Even funnier - they have my brand new RO certification expiring at the end of THIS month.  I wasn't aware of three week trials. ;p  It's probably just a typo and actually expires in September of 2003.

I just checked the USPSA website and learned that I made it into Limited 10 B class by the skin of my teeth, 60.617%.

I'm sure that for most of the folks on this forum this is no great feat, but for me, this rocks!  I took a shooting class in April and got bit by the blasting bug, and since have struggled with stance, positions, grip, holsters, jamomatic pistol, inability to shoot tiny groups, and continuing inability to call shots on a consistent basis.

Given the level of frustration with the above (I realize frustration is not a major tenet of zen) it was somewhat gratifying to learn I wasn't in the lower regions of D.

Thanks to all the forum members and to BE, I can't imagine trying to improve without a place like this to learn from.:)

John:

Way to go. As for, "I'm sure that for most of the folks on this forum this is no great feat, but for me, this rocks!" Don't be so sure about this not being a great feat. We all pay our dues, but you have paid more than most folks.  Considering your situation (new to the sport, no IPSC club within over 100 miles, etc.) you have strived for excellence when many would have just given up. Keep up the good work.

Ron:

Thanks for the encouragement.  I did find an "action shooting" club here in Gillette, but there is no IPSC or IDPA affiliation.  I hear there are a fair amount of bowling pin executions.  I haven't had the chance to shoot with these guys yet, but I think any sort of shooting in front of an audience is good for me, as the jitters are always out there lurking.

I picture all you regular posters (3+ dots) as M-GM class because you guys seem to know an awful lot about this IPSC business, that's why I put that "no great feat" line in the original post.

Ah, we're sneaky that way.  Really we're mostly ordinary A-B-C folks, but we got here sooner, so our "How the heck do I get out of C class?" posts are buried so deep only Flex can find them

(answer: "practice&quot

Actually, there are also an amazing number of really good shooters that pop by.   More than I've seen anywhere else, but they aren't usually the 'regulars'-- they spend too much time at the range!

(Edited by shred at 8:22 pm on Sep. 15, 2002)

I think we should mount a write-in request to get Shooter Grrl bumped to B class.

You can try :)  My classifier percentages are a solid mid 50% and my Nats percentage was 52% - ya really don't have a chance (tee hee hee)  Don't you wish you could practice class management that well ;-pppppppppppp

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...