Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking For A "heavy" Production Gun

kitestir

Titla says it all. I tend to shoot heavier guns a bit better. I do not tend to shoot glocks etc that great and am looking for something that is relatively heavy(OK maybe a brick the way I shoot :P ).

Looking for something that parts are easy to come by, mags are not real expensive etc etc etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

I shoot a S&W 5906. It's within 2oz of a 1911(38 vs 40oz) with a very similar grip angle. The guns (used) and mags are dirt cheap, usually <$300 and they run like a sewing machine. Other than its low marks on the "cool factor" chart, what's not to like?

Ed

+1 on the SP01 with Angus or Matt's upgrades. It dominates production for a reason. Soft and accurate but more importantly cheap mags and super reliable..

Mike

I was thinkin' about one of those for awhile, but the upgraded ones are not legal for sale in kali...

I shoot a S&W 5906. It's within 2oz of a 1911(38 vs 40oz) with a very similar grip angle. The guns (used) and mags are dirt cheap, usually <$300 and they run like a sewing machine. Other than its low marks on the "cool factor" chart, what's not to like?

Ed

big +1

+1 on the SP01 with Angus or Matt's upgrades. It dominates production for a reason. Soft and accurate but more importantly cheap mags and super reliable..

Mike

I was thinkin' about one of those for awhile, but the upgraded ones are not legal for sale in kali...

Move!! :P

That really sucks. I grew up there but got "paroled" 17 years ago..

Mike

Mike

Buy a regular SP-01 and send it out for "upgrades". I think that's still legal for you Ca. shooters.

Mike

Give Angus a call. He can fix you up with a nice '01.

Mike

Gunbomb,

I am also a PRK resident and routinely check the CA DOJ website. The SP-01 is approved for sale in California into 2007.

cut and pasted from the CA DOJ website:

CZ 75 SP-01 / Steel, poly mag cap Pistol 4 3/8" 9mm 1/31/2007

STI Edge, Trojan, Custom .40 (non PD), S&W 5906, G-35, HK Expert, Para LDA 9mm x2, Para P-16 40, New worked Tanfo Stock Elite, Tanfo Long Slide .40, so on, so forth - everday I pick all these up polish em up with a rag and put them back, for three years I went right to my tuned 85 Combats, Now it my SP-01, Tuned and tweaked (second being built right now). I watched three Glocks break over the last three club matches, when reliable there too light, hate it. One had the Mag release shatter midway thru El Pres. I can shoot what I want, I been there - its CZ without nothing coming close. Our Ergos are better than any, our accuracy cant be matched, our reliability is unquestionable, yeah a little heavy for carry, but my Kahr does me just fine there. In 2-3 more years also take look at Ltd, the Tac Sport is catching on - I have twins that will run with any STI Custom shop product. CZ Period. I may buy a Korth SA/DA so I can say I paid alot, but not on a CZ, I'd pay three times what I paid, to have the priviledge to shoot the best DA action gun ever. Hey Jeff Cooper doesnt lie - he said that the best DA pistol in the world is the CZ 75 - period. Weight wise, the Stainless, non tac-rail Sig 226 is the only one that come close if you can learn that trigger.

Edited by jkushner1