Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida Open 2007

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little birdy told me that there will be at 32 round stage with 32 targets. Can you say memorization? :o

I was thinking more of 1 round per target??? is it ALL STEEL????

This was MY first MAJOR match last year and it was GREAT!!! NO NO SHOOTS to be found!! All I had to do is shoot the brown targets, how hard could that be!!!! Sat was great, Sunday not so great but it was GREAT EXPERIENCE.......Seeing ALL the TOP shooters first hand is impressive!! But I also took Eric G. class before the match, so spending 2 days with the 3 time world champion and having him speak to you EVERY time you saw him was kinda COOL!!!

JUST SHOOT IT!!!

Since I hate to get scooped about "my" local match by XD, I am going to "up the ante" and see what he can come up with...

The 2nd Sunday in January there will be a classifier match at the Universal Shooting Academy (Polk County Practical Shooters) for all "would be" Florida Open shooters to get their classifications with their gun of choice. Since they are classifiers, the stages will not be Open stages but, since this IS the same range as the Open, you might catch a peek of things to come.

There will be, at least, 6 different people designing the stages so there will be lots of different ideas and challenges.

There will be NO no-shoots, as usual.

Only 40 openings remain for Friday shooters but there are plenty of slots for Saturday and Sunday shooters.

If you signed up within the past 3 weeks and noticed that your credit card had not been charged, don't worry as they were having problems with the credit card terminal but all has been fixed. All cards were recently run through and all is back up to speed.

Happy Holidays!

Leo

Edited by L9X25

Bump, to clarify post #56. The match is NOT Full! There are only 40 slots (or less) that remain for Friday only but there is PLENTY of room forSaturday and Sunday shooters.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Leo

Okay, Leo. About the only other unfounded rumor I've heard is that this year's theme will be professions.

I just hope that the rumor about having to start one stage with all your belt and pants in the "Plumber's Butt" position is not true. :o:rolleyes:;)

Edited by XD Niner

Okay, Leo. About the only other unfounded rumor I've heard is that this year's theme will be professions.

I just hope that the rumor about having to start one stage with all your belt and pants in the "Plumber's Butt" position is not true. :o:rolleyes:;)

Actually, the part about professions being the "Theme" is correct ... the "Plumbers Butt" starting position is thankfully still up for discussion! The only thing for sure is that there will not be a dull or predictable moment!

I would be interested, for sure, though I'm still waiting to see if I can work out the match vis-a-vis FF miles...

Out of curiosity, does anyone have a feel for how many people are shooting SS this match?

Me Me Me!!! I am :)

Whats the Deal with the Long Wait times between stages? I heard that it up to two hours, is that true? and Why the Awards so Late? At night :o

The match usually consists of 10 stages, 350+ shooters, over 3 days, you do the math.

The awards run so late because they hand out ALOT of awards not to mention a pretty fine prize table. Personnally, I thought the delays between stages were sorta relaxing and gave me a chance to see some of the other squads shoot as well as check out upcoming stages.

Whats the Deal with the Long Wait times between stages? I heard that it up to two hours, is that true? and Why the Awards so Late? At night :o

I shot the match last year and I do not recall that long of a wait in between the stages and trust me I am as impatient as ANYONE :) or maybe that being my first major match I was just happy to be there ....the awards did run late and I hope they have a little better system for the prize table this year.

Randal

Edited by DrawandDuck

On Saturday and Sunday last year, each 10 shooter squad was scheduled for 50 minutes. With two squads per stage (one shooting and one waiting) that equates to one hour and 40 minutes between scheduled performances.

Edited by XD Niner

I have been to matches with close to 350 shooters that are well run and there was not 1.5 hour wait between stages, may be 20 min to none, then I have been to match that were not run well and have waited an hour or more between stages IE: area 2 -2006

XD thanks for the Break down its seems to be a bad schedule thing. I also heard that there is no prize "TABLE" you get in line in order of finish try to figure out who Joe blow is who finished ahead of you and get in a line and they hand you something through the window and you go on your marry way. is this how they do it?

Edited by nmipsc

Guys, This match isnt about the prize table. If thats the reason your going stay home. I have shot them all except the first and everyone of them has been a blast. Good stages and real challenging shots. If you shoot it fast it requires skill, You can shoot it safe but you will be slower. I personaaly feel it is a open gun match, but I shot it the first 3 times limited. The weather is always nice and the meeting of old friends is why you go. The waits between stages are because the bulk of the shooters shoot on sat/sun. The hour of down time give you a chance to clean your gun and mags/ reload for the next stage as well as watch some others shoot and refine your stage strategy, or you can use it to have good conversation with the people you like to shoot with. You can also go and watch some shooters that you normally wouldnt get to. It is a international match shot with uspsa rules(the best of both) and international competitors. So if you want to see how you stack up against the shooters from other countries this is a small price to pay for a match of this level. It is better than any area or state match could hope to be and its in Florida in the middle of winter. Whatever prize you get will be worth about 100 bucks so dont sweat it. The real prizes are the payout to the match winners and class winners. I'm ok with that even though it hasnt been me.

Okay guys I'm planning on shooting this match. It will be my first FLA Open. Couple questions for those running or having expierence with this match What time does it start for those shooting on Fri? What time on Sunday will the awards end? Trying to decide to shoot Open or Limited at the moment.

Shooting Fri. will begin before the sun is even over the berm, it will be peaking over by about the 6th shooter in the squad.

Awards will normally end about 2 hours after sunset. Late enough its just about impossible to catch a flight out of OIA.

Shooting Fri. will begin before the sun is even over the berm, it will be peaking over by about the 6th shooter in the squad.

Awards will normally end about 2 hours after sunset. Late enough its just about impossible to catch a flight out of OIA.

Blkbrd thanks. I'm going to enter Open Division and shoot Sat/Sun. Looks like I'll make the week after the match a family vacation in Orlando.