Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Area 1 Multi Gun Championship

North American Shooting Sports is proud to announce that the 2007 Area 1 Multi Gun Championship will be held June 29th through July 1st, 2007 at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, near Albany, Oregon. This range was the site for the 2006 USPSA Multi Gun Nationals.

We plan on having 10 stages shot over 2 days. There will be at least one long range rifle(out to 360 yds) stage. Two rifle only stages, 2 shotgun(shot) stages, 1 shotgun(slug) stage, 1 pistol only stage, 1 rifle/pistol combo, 1 shotgun/rifle, and 2 stages with all three guns.

Match fee will be $65.00. We will be working on a prize table. The maximum entries will be 120-140 shooters

If we get enough interest we will be holding a MOR match on the 29th. Entry fee will be $25.00.

When we get more details we'll post them here and at www.nassonline.org

The entry form will be up 'soon' at the web site.

Mike McCarter will be the Match Director and I'll be the Range Master.

Tom Chambers

• 3 weeks later...
Count me in. Anybody go to the 3G A1 2006? How was that? I didn't hear anybody :) comment on the match.

I was at the Area 1 3 gun match which was a lot of fun but not well attended. Only about 42 people showed up. There were many great stages but the highlight was a round of sporting clays. Unlike the normal way it's shot we could shoot as many rounds as we wanted. Our squad enjoyed cheering each other on and there were alot of empty hulls on the ground at the end. I was at the Nationals this year too, and I will definatly be at Area 1 3 gun next year. :D

• 3 months later...

Just spend the last several days at the SHOT Show talking to a lot of the sponsors that we had for the Area 1 Pistol Match last year. As well as meeting a lot of new folks that are interested in supporting our three gun match. We'll definitely be having a nice prize table there. It's too early to say just how nice but it's gonna make for a great match. Hope to see you all there. Make sure to get your entries in soon. We're probably going to fill up and I don't want anyone from the Forums to get left out.

Chuck

My guess is it will get posted as soon as Tom gets around to it since he is typically doing a lot of it by himself (this I understand).

If Tom said there will be a MOR event, there almost certainly will. He does what he says he will IME.

PM Tom if you need some hard intel ;-)

I'll be there if I am not at sea. Hopefully there are more proplr than there were at 06. A prize table would be nice too, luckily there was a DPMS upper as the prize for the person closest to 50% without going over that was present to win.

The MOR match is still up in the air at this point. It'll depend on how much interest there is and how many folks sign up. I doubt Tom's gonna hold if we only get 5 guys to shoot it. If you want it, send the apps in ASAP. That said the apps will hopefully be up soon. We're just taunting you now.

The MOR match is still up in the air at this point. It'll depend on how much interest there is and how many folks sign up. I doubt Tom's gonna hold if we only get 5 guys to shoot it. If you want it, send the apps in ASAP. That said the apps will hopefully be up soon. We're just taunting you now.

just received an app from mike via email, so they are available. dunno how soon it'll be on the NASS website.

just received an app from mike via email, so they are available. dunno how soon it'll be on the NASS website.

I talked with Mike this morning. The apps should have been up on the website this weekend but the webmaster obviously didn't do that. As soon as they are up we will put out the word here.

We are probably going to need about 10 or 11 CRO's for the match. Staff will shoot the match on Friday, June 29th. We'll start set up on Wednesday, June 27th.

I trooped along with Chuck to the SHOT show and watched him in action. We should have a great prize table.

If you want a MOR side match let me know. It will be limited to three stages but we should be able to get targets out to 450-500 yards on one of them.

Because of harvest conditions there will not be any medium targets on the long range "bay" but we'll have everything on the hillside using flash targets.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

I'm comin' up either way, but would also prefer a MOR match too!

As soon as the app is up I will be sending mine in.

Glad to hear all is a go Tom, I am looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the hard work it will take, it is appreciated.