Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap Belt To Get By With For Now?

ZoomZoom

A CR speed is out for now as I had to take one of our labs to the doggy ER last night [he's OK now] and I'm trying to figure out what belt [38-40"] will get me by using my new [uesd] open gear. $60 ain't a lot of money but it's 3 times what I have today for a belt and I wanna get shooting.

haven't been able to locate on on E-bay or any bang bang classifieds.

Any ideas?

Any good thick 1.5" to 1.75" leather work belt should work OK. I have a 1.5" Carhartt work belt that is pretty thick. The CR is the Cadillac of belts though. I, myself, would just buy it now, because that's what you're going to eventually wind up with (unless you just really need another leather belt).

Also check on the classified here Safariland belt

Ray

In all honesty if you spend $20 dollars on a belt today all it will do is make the CR speed cost you $80.

If you have a decent leather belt use it until you can get a CR Speed. There are a lot of pieces of equipment to save a scheckel or two on but there really is only one belt to buy.

In all honesty if you spend $20 dollars on a belt today all it will do is make the CR speed cost you $80.

If you have a decent leather belt use it until you can get a CR Speed. There are a lot of pieces of equipment to save a scheckel or two on but there really is only one belt to buy.

+1

I have many belts. The CR Speed is the only competition belt I would buy again. Use whatever belt you have and save up for the CR.

If you go to The Ghost Products Page you will find the CR on sale for $48.

-ld

Well said.

Have plenty of belts made by several makers. Ernie Hill (Real Leather and not made anymore), Safariland (Plastic Leatherette and just OK) and CR Speed (The Best). They all cost $60+ and IMHO only the Ernie Hill and the CR speed stuff are worth the price. I will never sell my Ernie Hill stuff and good luck trying to find it used ;-/

Just get the CR speed now and be done with it. That way you won't wind up with a big box full of spare/old belts and other stuff you never use anymore ;-)

Thanks for the link to Ghost. I haden't see em any cheaper then $58. I may have to step up to the plate now or I'll never hear the end of it. ;)

You got that right. :)

Shooters will go back and forth debating calibers, loads, guns, etc...but, almost everybody is a fan of the CR Speed belt.

People told me about the CR Speed belt with excellent reviews by all. I rolled my eyes and thought my leather belt was good enough for what I needed - pd shooter with some IDPA.

Ended up buying the CR Speed for the ease of velcro from Angus(Ghostholster) - best money I have spent in the sport so far.

You will be happy with it.

D__

IMO, one of the really nice things, is that you can just grab the outer belt, cinch it up tight, and it will stay snug enough for a couple minutes of dry-fire during a commerical break, or even longer, if the wife is on the phone with her mother...

I don't bother with the inner belt, unless I'm going to do serious dry-fire practice (what we all should be doing, I s'pose, but you know what I mean...). Love velcro. Love CR-Speed.