Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

According to Ken...

Registration is @

Rodeway Inn & Suites

3033 Hilton Dr

Bossier City, LA 71111

Phone: (318) 747-2400

Starting around 7 pm Thurs. He asks that any one shooting Fri AM get registered thurs. evening. all others can register @ range on Fri AM.

Ooops, aint' happening for me to get score sheets tonite. I couldn't drive out from DFW 'cause of the weather and some work stuff. I'll be driving out in the morning so I'll just have to hunt down some score sheets when I get there.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the first day is in the books...

Not to bad little wet in spots ..( lane 3 of fifty yard standards)

here and there, power pistol powder does not the cold weather

it shoots a little slower than back home(165.2 pf)

on the 7th shot. avg of top 3.

OH well guess a little bump on the charge for winter shooting.

stages look a lot better in person than on the webpage..

and I believe we have already lost one shooter today (180 degree Stg5)

Well off to shower and find some place to eat...

Later Jerry K.

Bulwnkl / supercomp9 sqd 12

Weather turned out pretty good this afternoon-- full sun and not a lot of wind. I was ok taking my coat off and relying on 3 layers of shirts and occasional gloves.

Anybody know the scoop on what's going on Sunday? We heard a vague rumor of it being at the Rodeway only (so much for any shootoffs.. <_< ), but nobody knew for sure.

I shot pretty well today.. no big mistakes. Rumor has BJ tearing it up, but Sevigny is shooting an open SV all day tomorrow, so we'll see how that plays out. We get to start on the biggies at 8am tomorrow, so we'll see how chilly that is.

for me im shooting a solid match.. and it was warm enough for me just to wear two shirts.

the 40 degree weather has me nervous for the chrono though..

I guess tomorrow we will see.

I wish we had shootoffs..that would be cool

Harmon

Shot the whole match in one day yesterday and had a blast! Got to meet Al Capizzio and Bill Seevers and a couple of other BE'ers. Great RO's and staff, good stages (even if I did go body surfing in the mud on Stage 3) and generally had a good time. I hope everybody else enjoyed it, too; I hope to see all of you in about 6 months for the 2007 Area 4. Has any one heard any match results yet?

Good match, stages and RO's!! Only bad thing was my shooting on Friday....little issue with my gun...on the first stage, 5th target, the comp blew off :o:angry: did cause the gun to move more but mainly pissed me off=BAD DAY shooting....Today was MUCH better but not enough to overcome Friday's disaster......Enjoyed meeting and shooting with Doc, Johnny, Rocky, Shane, and Sloan....Was told the results would be posted at the match hotel tonight.

post-6763-1165104784.jpg

post-6763-1165104799.jpg

Edited by DrawandDuck

finished the match with only one disaster, but 45 points is awful tough to absorb, unless you're Taran ;)

Shot the first stage in a mini-whiteout-- I was the first shooter and the comp blew the frost off the walls and all over the place. :(

Much chillier this morning-- even the shooters on the other schedule said it was, but I got to ditch the ski jacket for most of the 2nd half.

Jamie kicked butt on the standards-- they said he was the first one to have all his hits on paper, and the first target was a real pretty 6-alphas.

Good match, stages and RO's!! Only bad thing was my shooting on Friday....little issue with my gun...on the first stage, 5th target, the comp blew off :o:angry: did cause the gun to move more but mainly pissed me off=BAD DAY shooting....Today was MUCH better but not enough to overcome Friday's disaster......Enjoyed meeting and shooting with Doc, Johnny, Rocky, Shane, and Sloan....Was told the results would be posted at the match hotel tonight.

the comp wanted to get away for the pimp grips! lol :)

A congratulations are due to Jamie (AlamoShooter) for 1st A open, Harmon 3rd A Open, Sheldon (what a surprise!) 1st B Open, and of course B. J. Norris for Area 4 Open Champion, 2nd overall, and 1st Junior.

I know there are a bunch more I'm forgetting, but I just got home.

Also, thanks to Jimmy and Artie Mitchell (Mitchell Custom Guns), David Long (Precision Bullets), Tom I'mnotgonnaspellhislastname (Action Shooters Supply), and of course STI representatives - for coming out and setting up as vendors in the cold and with the reduced turn out.

See you all at the next one!

:D Thanks for the kind words Dave Sevigny won the match BJ was second Max M. SR was third and Jamie 4th Roy S. 5th

Forest McCord & Harmon shot some great stages , I was very lucky to have pulled ahead of them. in the A class Open race. Both of theas young men are first rate, and I look forward to them kicking me around like in past matches.

Thanks to everyone that had a part in making this match happen.

Jamie Foote

I was hopeing for some posted scores, But ?

Hack, Jamie won 3 stages-- cleaned the 'classifier' and was the only shooter we know to even hang all 18 on paper at 50 yards (the RO's expression at seeing 6 neat A's on the first target was priceless). Oh yeah, he won another stage too. Sooner or later we'll catch him with a classifier match... ;)

I was real surprised to end up 5th and only ~5 points out of 3rd, after dumping 45 points on one stage, by, well, totally not-shooting one target :o. I hate that. But, even with those 45 points, I still wouldn't get up to BJ-- he and Sevigny put a waxing on everybody else in Open.

I heard a lot about guns not running well due to the cold. I switched to some lightweight oil (Tuf-Glide?) I got in a shooter packet long ago and it worked great.

A congratulations are due to... Sheldon (what a surprise!) 1st B Open

Henh? Sheldon's still a B after winning B class at the Nationals?

Wow, he doesn't even look Jamaican. ;)

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo