Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need Advice

My wife is 4'11 and she has TINY hands. The thing that works like a charm for her is the Sig 239, which also happens to be a very soft shooting 9mm. She loves it.

Try as many as possible, see what fits you and feels comfortable.

Don't worry about the Glocks and reloading. Most people that shoot Glocks on this forum reload, and there's a lot of Glocks here.

My wife likes her (used to be mine) 35, for 9MM look at the 34.

It was the 3rd pistol she tried, and fits her the best.

Edited by BerKim

Try a glock 19. My wife has small hands and it fits her (and the pre-teen kids) well. The shorter trigger reach is a plus. I don't think the 9mm glocks have chamber support issues; that's limited to 40S&W. I get slide bite from it, but it works well for everyone else in the family.

Browning Hi-Power

CZ-75 and copies

Glock 19

CZ probably not a good choice for small hands. I am a man who have very small hands. For CZ and clone, the grips are very comfort and fit to my hands, but the problem is the trigger. The trigger is too far for first shot (double action).

I to have a small hand so bought a S&W 4013. It is a nice for CCW. But, for the 9mm enthusiast, I would say a look at the 3913 (ladysmith) would be a good option.

I bought a Hipower for my wife, but am leaning towards the 3913 since we are moving this month to a CCW state. She would like to carry and the Hipower is much larger than the S&W

No one has mentioned a sig 225 or 239. sig double action is a very smooth and you should feel the trigger pull and rate others to it. The fit is good for a small hAND out of the box and an even shorter trigger is availible. Ive carried one for 15 years and have used the other ones mentioned. You should a least try one.