Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky Multigun?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at their website that is linked from the USPSA website.

I found nothing about it??????

Anybody know anything about it?

Hopalong

What are you looking for Hop? It's a great match, shot in 1 day. If I know what you need I can help more. Maybe this will help a little? http://www.orpci.com/KY_State_Multi-Gun/ky...hampionship.htm All the info can be found there.

Edited by recon215

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this was a fun match last year with some well thought out stages that made the best use of thier facilities. I'm looking forward to it again this year.....and the people running the match and the shooters were all real nice folks.

I'm gonna give Heavy Metal a try and I know Airedale will be sporting his M1A and high speed low drag Winchester Model 12 pump gun!!!!!! (or is that pimp gun???) This will be my first match with Heavy Metal so it should be interesting.

I'm gonna give Heavy Metal a try and I know Airedale will be sporting his M1A and high speed low drag Winchester Model 12 pump gun!!!!!! (or is that pimp gun???) This will be my first match with Heavy Metal so it should be interesting.

Shooting the Garand?

Wish I was going to be there, it was a great match last year, but I'll still be dodging bullet (ants) in the Amazon. Lex. Mafia: Take plenty of pictures so that I can photoshop myself into them later, it'll be just like Area 5.

I'll be shooting the Heavy Man catagory !!!! :blink::wacko::huh::lol:

I have 3 others from TN "supposed" to make the trip too.......but they are using their Poodle shooters. ;)

Have M1a somewhat cleaned, but ready to go.........Need to load some "special" Kentucky windage rounds for it though :P

870 still being tested, doing pretty good......but it forgets to load itself on a regular basis. <_<

625, as always................ready to play!!!! B)

See you "Wildkittens" there!!!! :wub:

SAM

Gotta add one thing for the travelers. The match hotel is a decent one but the only thing I dont like is while its really close to the hotel there is nothing else close as in 5-10 miles. No restraunts or place for breakfast.

Last time I went for the night I stayed at the super 8 in Owensboro, not bad but Im staying at the Fairfield this trip. There is a Hampton that looked OK as well. Within a half mile there are tons of choices of eats (texas roadhouse, Fridays, etc) and a Dennys in front.

Its about 15 min max from the range. I heading down Friday afternoon to have time to relax and have a nice dinner and maybe a couple Coronas.

Do the travelocity thing and see for yourself.

BTW stay away from the Days Inn. I drove by that one and had almost pre-booked there. DUMP!!! Looks like a room by the hour joint.

If you want to stay in Owensboro in order to be around a lot of restaurants basic shopping with good access stay around Fredrica/hwy 431. For the ulitmate dining experience try these guys out http://www.moonlite.com/. It is a few exits up the rooad but well worth the trip.

Your probably looking at least a 20 minute drive to get to the range.

Also, if you want to buy military pulled powder (8lbs of H335 equivlant for $80) try this guy out http://www.gibrass.com probably 2 miles from the hotels on Fredrica, and for the ultimate gun shop experience try these guys out http://whittakerguns.com. However, whittakers is way outside of town and you'll need a lot of time to kill if your going to see there shop.

See you there

Albert

Edited by ap3

With two weeks to go there is not much talk going on...............do I need to worry about that?

I hope it is as much fun as they say the last one was.

Anybody know how many shooters are supposed to be there?

More importantly (for me) how may shooting HM?

See you there.

SAM

Hopefully I will be in town for this one. Wayne and Co. put on fantastic monthly (well, not quite that often, but anyway) matches. I can't wait to see what happens when they try and dress up for a big dance.

10% of the entry shooting heavy metal-excellent!

As a side note-I squaded with the Lexington mafia today and they confirmed that there will be a 3 gun at Wilmore the 3d of September. We can shoot the 3 gun state on Saturday and BGSL 3 gun on Sunday.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...