Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-61

WayneBullock

A couple of questions:

1. Do/have you shot this one while sitting in the chair, or do you stand to shoot all three strings?

2. Where exactly is the fault line for this stage?  For example, can you lean against the table for balance, or is that technically "grounding" yourself in front of the fault line?

3. How do you place your holster to make the draw easier from a seated position?

Thanks,

WayneB

1. Do/have you shot this one while sitting in the chair, or do you stand to shoot all three strings?

You can shoot it either way, standing or seated...you could even go prone if that were faster.  I guess you have to figure out what is fastest for you (not much help I'm I?).  I don't know which way should be best.

2. Where exactly is the fault line for this stage?  For example, can you lean against the table for balance, or is that technically "grounding" yourself in front of the fault line?

I think leaning against the table is legal.  I have found that trying to use props for balance is a loser though (for me).  I try not to touch the props.  I just deliver the shot out of my regular stance whenever possible.  That way I am always shooting from the same position (and the gun is always returning in the same manner).

3. How do you place your holster to make the draw easier from a seated position?

Rule 5.3.5 says you have to keep your holster and equipment in the same place throughout the competition.  (I don't know that I have seen this called on any shooter...the RO's would have to document the location as some point so that they could compare?)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Shot this one yesterday in 13.08 seconds, 39 points. Got a miss on the weak hand upper A/B shot. Looks like I need to practice weak hand more - I had a good sight picture and even called it as the miss it was, I have super lousy trigger control with that left hand!

Looks like another one that's gonna get trashed at a whopping 38%!

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Masters and GM shooters I shoot with all shoot this standing. Call me lazy, but it seems they already figured out what is fastest so I just follow suit. It seems that the table would get in the way of the draw if you were sitting. I don't necessarily follow suit with the M and GM's on long courses because my skill sets are different than theirs.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Shot this classifier sitting down last sunday, 12.40 seconds, 57 points HF 4.5967. I had spent most of saturday (match set up day) on my feet setting up stages. Sunday morning (spring fwd. we lost 1 hr.) was a whirlwind setting up & debugging 6 stages, 74 targets placed, not including the no shoot targets to slow the GM's down, which it didn't, 14 pieces of steel including 4 steel poppers activating 6 movers. Match round count was 162. So when I finally got a chance to sit for the classifier, stage 4 for our squad, about 1pm in the afternoon, I was ready to be seated and take a load off. The chair was padded, felt soooo good I felt like taking a nap. So I shot the classifier comfortably sitting. I stayed sitting while the R.O. scored and reluctantly gave up the chair to the next shooter. Oh my, I'm still thinking about how comfortable that padded chair felt on a sunny 74 degree day. We had fun. :rolleyes:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I shot this seated. For me, seated is faster than standing. I clear my leg and the table easily and nothing in front of me obscures the target. I do enough other training that I don't 'have' to be in any position to feel comfortable shooting.

My time was 12.85 with a hf of 3.7354. I shot two D's, two C's and 8 A's. This is 78.6% according to classifier calc.