Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Or Revolver?

I am deeply attached to L-10, I'm tired of shooting my 1911 in limited for the second Gun round.

Whats more fun Production or Revolver? It seems like the Revolver shooters really enjoy, hate, love what they are doing? At least with Revolver I can still load for 45ACP and put my holster anywhere I want.

But production is the auto's, I've never had a Revolver, except a POS Brazil knock off 357 that wouldn't eject the fired brass.

It looks like I could get set up with a 625 for around 1K$. Of course I could go XD or GLock for Less, and break down the stage the same as L-10; but if I go anything other than 45ACP, I will have to retool.

I'm not ready to spend the $$$ for limited or open just yet.

Is there any thing like AA or Betty Ford for IPSC/USPSA?

Edited by North

North,

The answer is simple. Get set up for the wheelgun. As you already know, bottomfeeders are shifty types worried about gaming stages and the latest whizbang equipment :P

Wheelgunners are nice people. Our life is simple. Shoot six, reload. You can get totally set up for the wheel for well under 1K. I believe you can set up for revo less expensively than production.

Come towards the light....join us.

Dave

Revolver is fun I borrowed a friends to get classified and liked it. But the advantage to production is cheap ammo. You can just buy the ammo cheap enough that you may not even want to reload. I do because I am already loading for 9Major and all I do is lower the charge to load for Production. Like everything else it comes down to personal choice. See if you have a friend that is set up for both and borrow his gun for a match.

both are a lot of fun..

Production..same stage breakdown that you have now..but a lot more challenging on the accuracy..as the points are so very important..ammo is cheap with 9mm..either buying factory or reloading..

its still go fast..you just have to pay attention a lot more..

Revolver..what a challenge..shooting a six round gun in a eight round world...every stage is virginia count..you cannot afford to miss..as you never have enough rounds...

Edited by eerw

Or you can do what one gentleman did at the Louisiana Section Match. Production revolver.

Shot his revolver in Production with Production legal gear and gear placement. His jousting at windmills paid off. 1st C.

FWIW: This gentleman is a B Limited shooter who was not progressing and getting bit burnt out. Switched to the wheelgun and he is having a ball.

Or you can do what one gentleman did at the Louisiana Section Match. Production revolver.

Shot his revolver in Production with Production legal gear and gear placement. His jousting at windmills paid off. 1st C.

FWIW: This gentleman is a B Limited shooter who was not progressing and getting bit burnt out. Switched to the wheelgun and he is having a ball.

Neil is also our newly elected SC and is setting a good example of how to have fun in our "GAME". I'll bring out the 610 every so often just so he isn't the only wheelie out there.

It looks like I could get set up with a 625 for around 1K$.

North, I have some good news for you, buddy! It doesn't cost $1,000 to set up in revo.

Pick up a nice used 625 at a gunshow for about $450. Slick up the action and chamfer the chambers for free (or pay a gunsmith if you must, just don't pay him too much for an hour's worth of work, OK?), pick up a hundred moonclips from Ranch Products for $30 or so, leave on the Hogue rubber grips, get yourself a holster and some shoot-the-moon clip-holders, and you're ready to rock.

Figure about $600 total.

Come towards the light....join us.

Yes, Clint.

Come to the light.........enjoy yourself......get your brass back....have fun...save money... :lol:

Hi, my name is Haras and I used to be a bottom feeder.

I joined this group of side feeders and now my whole life has changed. B)

• 2 weeks later...

this probably doesn't answer anything, but just a comment...I've been shooting USPSA since 1983.... typically with .45...occasionally a Glock in .40...my shooting now centers around 3gun...over the hill pistol shooters can still compete in 3gun at local and regional levels with younger more agile shooters..... you are not going to win, but with scoring like Kyle uses at North Carolina you might make a good trip to the prize table.... and it is fun to compete with the younger shooters, especially the military guys at Ft. Benning and Ft Bragg..... after 250K+ rounds you get some idea how to shoot the pistol... that said

If I had to do it all over again, I would get a Glock 19, put on a set of slant pro Heinie sights, a solid recoil guide, butt plug, 3.5 trigger, good Kydex holster, buy WallMart 9mm by the case,and shoot it till you need another one.... If I were really a competitive type substitute the G19 for a G34.... regards Les/Fla L747 Limited M