Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Blade-tech D.o.holster In S.s. Division

Bigbadaboom

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm... With the results at 100% yes to allow the DOH - at this point - it would seem if the USPSA membership is to have a voice the holster should be allowed...

Uh....NOT 100%.

Up jumps the devil.... ;)

Be interesting to see how the final figures look on this.

I don't mind the DOH approved for SSD, but I think Dick Heinie would, since it would be against his Single Stack Classic rules.

Does USPSA want to keep the SS Classic as the SS Nats?

I don't mind the DOH approved for SSD, but I think Dick Heinie would, since it would be against his Single Stack Classic rules.

Does USPSA want to keep the SS Classic as the SS Nats?

I used my DOH at the Single Stack Classic/Nationals. Heinie may not have wanted it but by using USPSA rules there wasn't much choice. I love mine. At the Nat's it's not an advantage though. Too many gun on table and/or wrists above shoulders starts.

I don't think that USPSA should try to "Combine" with the Single Stack Society. I believe that USPSA can gain a lot of insite and guidance from them but USPSA needs to stand on its own with its own rules regarding S.S. division.

I don't think that USPSA should try to "Combine" with the Single Stack Society. I believe that USPSA can gain a lot of insite and guidance from them but USPSA needs to stand on its own with its own rules regarding S.S. division.

There are good arguements that could be made for standardization as well, I believe.

But, I'm not going to make them. :D

Standardization could be good. However, IMH(and not too informed)O, I don't see why the guy/gal shooting a SigP220, S&W4506, Ruger P90, heck maybe even Flex with a Glock 36, can't shoot in the SSD. These all use a single stack magazine, with a capacity of less than 10 rounds and don't give the user a competitive advantage over a 1911.

I don't mind is SSD stays as a 1911-only division, I'll play anyway, but more options could increase participation.

My penny... doesn't get to $0.02.

I don't mind is SSD stays as a 1911-only division, I'll play anyway, but more options could increase participation.

My penny... doesn't get to $0.02.

We can't have anything other than 1911's in the SSD. What would happen if a gun designed in the last 100 years bested the venerable (ancient) 1911? It would be the end of the shooting world as we know it. Oh, the humanity! :D

In all seroiusness, I don't really see the need to a single stack division when we have limited 10, but if we are going to, it should be open to any single stack pistol not just 1911's. Using the same logic as a 1911 only division, we should have a Glock only division as well.

Just my $.02

Let's try to stay on track, folks.

The question was whether the DOH holster should be allowed in the SS division. The arguements as to whether the need for SS exisits and whether other non-1911 SS's should be allowed to play in that division have been beat to death.

If they have to be flayed again let's start a new thread.

Let's try to stay on track, folks.

The question was whether the DOH holster should be allowed in the SS division. The arguements as to whether the need for SS exisits and whether other non-1911 SS's should be allowed to play in that division have been beat to death.

If they have to be flayed again let's start a new thread.

Yes!!!! Start a new thread to discuss anything besides allowing the DOHolster in Single Stack division (And please do this in a civil manner). I'll be really pissed if this thread gets locked too.

:huh:

:mellow:

YES! I VOTED TO ALLOW IT!

THE BLADE-TECH DROPPED & OFFSET HOLSTER SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN THE SINGLE STACK DIVISION.

There's no other way I can clear my love :wub: handles when drawing.

Sorry about the drift. That's why my opinion was not-too-informed, I haven't seen where that horse was killed. <_<

Edited to reduce font sight. Didn't mean to yell...

Edited by Nemo

Do away with singlestack and shoot Limited 10

thats why i voted for the race holster...same with the mag pouches...8 round mags behind your hip...on my skinny butt they would wrap around me in order to have enough mags to give some cushion for shooter error.

but to be honest, i really dont care...but if they are gonna have a single stack division, they need a GLOCK division too.

Do away with singlestack and shoot Limited 10

thats why i voted for the race holster...same with the mag pouches...8 round mags behind your hip...on my skinny butt they would wrap around me in order to have enough mags to give some cushion for shooter error.

but to be honest, i really dont care...but if they are gonna have a single stack division, they need a GLOCK division too.

We already have one, it's called Production.

:D

:ph34r:

I'll vote for use of the DOH, not because it offers a big speed advantage, but because it allows even fairly skinny guys like myself to wear loose or cold weather clothing and not chance drawing a gun and a handfull of shirt. If we are going to require concealement type holster for ss, then lets require a concealement garment, require the use of cover, describe in detail how each stage will be shot or suffer a penalty, and design some really boring stages, so I'll feel at home.

I'm one of the migrants from the "other" sport and yes, one of the reasons for leaving, was having equipment be legal one year but not the next. Stack you stuff behind the hip bone and shoot till you're finished works for me.

Edited by simonsay

It's legal in Production, it should be legal in Single Stack. I believe these two divisions share similar goals (ie: using largely inexpensive, off-the-shelf gear) and their equipment regulations should therefore be as similar as is reasonably possible.

It's legal in Production, it should be legal in Single Stack. I believe these two divisions share similar goals (ie: using largely inexpensive, off-the-shelf gear) and their equipment regulations should therefore be as similar as is reasonably possible.

Give it time and they'll try to remove it from Production as well.

I vote yes, allow DOH because simply there's no huge advantage. It all depends on how you are used to drawing your gun. Someone shooting CDP could probably get the pistol out just as quick as someone with a DOH.

Let's not turn SS into CDP

I voted no but then I realized this was for USPSA and not the IDPA. If the idea is to use a carry holster then no that holster is not a carry holster unless you dress funny. As far as USPSA I agree that holsters allowed in production should be allowed in any of the other divisions.