Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75 Specific Questions

Vlad

Just information..

I have cut as many as four or five coils off a 15# spring..and it will only set off federal small pistol primers..I have backed off to 2 coils and it will set WIN and FED primers..a stock 15# will sets off CCI, Remington, WIN SR and WIN SP and FED.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal Matt and Stuart.

With the 15 lb, I dont know if I'll cut any off, but I was thinking about how many coils off a stock mainspring. I think I cut 2 off of it already and it helped, but I dont know if I can do more on the stock mainspring or not. Ill get another and see. Plus, with getting my tricked out SP01 from Matt, Ill be ready to shoot for while and play with the other SP01 on the side.

At least until I send it to Matt for a trigger job as well. It should be coming in tomorrow morning, cant wait!!

Dude, I feel like Ive had 10 Red Bulls to drink waiting for this SP01.

Vlad:

I am on a move back to basics since taking the class with Max and Travis at Factoryville (both of them truly, down to earth, great guys) so on both my twin Angus built/tweaked 85 combats, I have removed the front CZ/Angus fiber Optic front sights for his std steel front comp and comp rear sights. Additionally I am moving back to wood grips. Here are my oberservations, I use Wolff 10/11/12 lb springs right out of the package (14 lbs ofm for 9mm). I use them on Sprinco Light Load recoil guide rods - Alan dugger dials them in for me - the wind of the inner spring should oppose the wind direction of the Wolff. I very rarely have any binding and when I do (1 of 750 shots) it comes in the form of slight delay at slide back when cycling shots. Jack ash GR's are also less likely to produce any binding, I haven't done anything but a range cleaning (5-10 min) in 2000 rds. This same spring (listed on wolff under EAA (CZ only) in 12 lb is what I use in my major CZ 75 tac sport also over Sprinco guide rod. The lighter spring, the less likely that binding occurs in all my CZ's. As to getting back to battery, add a buffer tech recoil buffer - they help the gun with that last 1/8 " of return. I clean my mags also after every stage, I am fanatical about the mag being clean, not the gun. A couple other notes, CZ's ofm rubber grips regardless of how much material you remove from the inside, always find a way to grab the mag body a little, especially when dirty. Regarding the mag brake, the 85 already is modified out of the factory, so my mags (currently using Mecgar 15 rounders due the laws of your state) drop very cleanly. Sam Barbakov of Omega, Nill Griffe and Angus' new gorgious coco grips all make for a better mag drop and regrip, especially if you have smaller hand and do a flip on mag changes. Lastly, if the fp safety is still in your gun, a gritty one loves to hang up the slide on the last movement into battery (again, owning an 85 I don't deal with that). Lastly, you should grind down the internal lobe of the slide stop, especially if using 124 gr bullets or heavier, if not the stock lobe will skin copper jacket material from the bullet which builds up and causes all kinds of things get sticky.

Thanks,

Jon

Just for the heck of it..

here is a photo of CZ with the new CZ cocobolo grips..

Asp01grips.jpg

EERW:Ooh ! They are purdy !!

I have four sets 100% checkered on the way from Angus. Two for my 85's to compare to my stipled Omega's and my expensive but super well made Nill Griffe CZ 75/85 "Combat" version grips. Once I make my pick, the other two sets go on my twin Tac Sport/IPSC ST's - sayeth, Mike Eagleshield, "just shave 1/8" from the bottom to clear the magwell - other wise the exact same grip, Btw, my magwell's Leif Nilsson's Matfakta alum wells.

Thanks,

JON

Btw, my magwell's Leif Nilsson's Matfakta alum wells.

Thanks,

JON

Wow..how did you get a sets of those..I emailed him awhile ago with no response..do you have a current email for him?? can you PM me any details on the magwells, cost, etc.

thanks

Well, shot 400 rounds out of my new SP01 (from Matt) on Sat. Nice gun, trying to get used to the trigger. Had a few issued, but I believe they were attributed to the overtravel screw in the trigger. Definitely have to get rid of the rubber grips, dont like them at all. I have wood ones coming from Angus that cant get here fast enough.

A couple other notes, CZ's ofm rubber grips regardless of how much material you remove from the inside, always find a way to grab the mag body a little, especially when dirty

I guess I have been lucky, I have these grips on all three of my 75's and the mags fall right out. I make sure I remove them from the gun before I use any solvents on the frame, I am afraid they may absorb solvents and swell up (like O-rings do) causing the mag problem you describe.

I tried the CZ walnut grips, but the checkering is weak and the gun feels slippery to me.

Edited by Kory

Chuck,

I dont know, I use the SP01 for USPSA Prod and have always been known to have the ugliest around. As long as they shoot 100% and are getting me A's, Im not too picky how they look. Leather, definitely not, always been a kydex kind of guy.

Kory,

I have the wood grips now and put skateboard tape on them the second I got them. Ive shot with skateboard tape for about 11-12 years now and the rubber just didnt do it for me. The wood is more slippery than the rubber, but thats just plain with no skateboard tape.

I have not been able yet to transition from my 85 Combats to the SP_01 that Angus built for me, at first it I thought it was a longer trigger reset but I think it is the redesigned grip/frame that is slightly narrower at the neck than my 85 grips diameters. In addition, the different trigger geometries added to the difference - I did notice that Angus is installing 85 style tiggers on the Shadow. But in the one practice session I had like three reset misses and pulled the trigger with no boom. Its beautiful, but I am still using the 85's. Does the SP-01 have a trigger travel stop screw, I didnt see one.

TY

Jkushner11

kush,

The standard SP01 trigger is more curved than the 85 triggers and the SP01 triggers do not have an overtravel screw. The 85 trigger does have an overtravel screw, but because it is shaped different, the DA shot feels longer to reach than the SP01 triggers. Ive never shot an 85 Combat, so I dont know what it feels like.

The longer trigger reset on 75B's and Sp-01, when compared to the 85 Combat is probubly because of the firing pin blocker lever. The triggerbar has to move further forward to get in front of the lever during trigger reset. I removed the 'B' from one of my CZ-75s' when I converted it to SA only, it realy shortened the reset.

I removed the 'B' from one of my CZ-75s' when I converted it to SA only, it realy shortened the reset.

Can be done with a DA/SA model correct? Planned on pulling out the firing pin block anyway.

I removed the 'B' from one of my CZ-75s' when I converted it to SA only, it realy shortened the reset.

Can be done with a DA/SA model correct? Planned on pulling out the firing pin block anyway.

Yes DA/SA is irrelevent. The gain comes from grinding off the nub on the underside of the lever, but once you do that then the blocker pin needs to be modified or removed from the slide.

I am not saying I recommend it, nor do I know if it's legal under the rules of whatever sanctioning body governs the matches where you shoot, blah-blah standard disclaimer.

• 1 year later...

Can I get a liltte more info on this:

"Lastly, you should grind down the internal lobe of the slide stop, especially if using 124 gr bullets or heavier, if not the stock lobe will skin copper jacket material from the bullet which builds up and causes all kinds of things get sticky. "

Angus suggested I use the 'improved slide stop' for my 75b, but I have not noticed a difference at all and wondering if i need to do some mods to see the difference?

I thought there was a way to make it so these woudl close the slide once you insert a mag without touching the slide stop.??

I had to grind down the lobe on my slide stop, it kept engaging before the mag was empty. I also had to polish the bottom of the disconnector rail, it was dragging rounds forward and keeping from dropping the mag. Same typical CZ fixes.... but I like the pistol!

For those looking for replacement grips, I picked up this cheap set off ebay. I think they were about $20, shipping included.

174778377.jpg

The checkering isn't really sharp, but these grips are thin.

I had to grind down the lobe on my slide stop, it kept engaging before the mag was empty. I also had to polish the bottom of the disconnector rail, it was dragging rounds forward and keeping from dropping the mag. Same typical CZ fixes.... but I like the pistol!

For those looking for replacement grips, I picked up this cheap set off ebay. I think they were about $20, shipping included.

174778377.jpg

How thin is thin? How much do these grips weigh? And, does the seller have any more?

Looking for light weight grips to skinny down a SP01.

How thin is thin? How much do these grips weigh? And, does the seller have any more?

might check these out too..

Dennis had developed these to help the SP01 make the IDPA SSP weight

Dennis Marschal grips

couple of folks on CZshooters had gotten them from Dennis to try out..

Edited by eerw

My 16 year old 75 has been trouble free for some time. I replace the recoil springs every 2-3000 rounds. I use a Wolffe 14#, lock the slide back for a while and cycle while dry firing. Clean out the extractor channel and replace the spring with a EP one. I use Enos Slide Glide #3, as I live in Florida. It doesn't get cleaned often and has never failed in practice or competition. My mag brake has been bent flat and works fine. It cycles all bullet types 100% including 130gr. LSWC from Masterblaster. I keep trying to replace it but keep coming back.

I searched on Ebay, Gunbroker and Auction Arms, can't find the seller. I think his ebay name was Barsony...

I guess weight and width is irrelevant if you can't get them anymore. There were some nice rosewood grips on Gunbroker, but the location shows "Thialand" so I'd be a little skeptical about getting them.

I believe that the factory aluminum grips that Angus sells were declared Production division legal - and they are supposed to be very very thin. Another custom grip maker is: Hakan Peck out of Norway; he has a forum section on either www.czshooters.com or www.czforum.com and he sells to the USA mostly.

I believe that the factory aluminum grips that Angus sells were declared Production division legal - and they are supposed to be very very thin. Another custom grip maker is: Hakan Peck out of Norway; he has a forum section on either www.czshooters.com or www.czforum.com and he sells to the USA mostly.

yes...the factory aluminum grips are production legal. and are very very thin if that is what you are trying to accomplish..

but I think they are still too heavy if trying to make the SP01 SSP legal..

like I posted earlier..Dennis Marschal is making grips to help make weight..but I do not know how thin they are..but they are supposed to be light.