Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cz75 Specific Questions

Vlad

I believe that the factory aluminum grips that Angus sells were declared Production division legal - and they are supposed to be very very thin. Another custom grip maker is: Hakan Peck out of Norway; he has a forum section on either www.czshooters.com or www.czforum.com and he sells to the USA mostly.

yes...the factory aluminum grips are production legal. and are very very thin if that is what you are trying to accomplish..

but I think they are still too heavy if trying to make the SP01 SSP legal..

like I posted earlier..Dennis Marschal is making grips to help make weight..but I do not know how thin they are..but they are supposed to be light.

When I saw $20 grips... I had to ask. Dennis M grips are prob the way to go if I want to play in Idpa.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browning Hi-power recoil springs work on the Cz75, got that tip off of czforum.com. I have a BHP reduced power progressive spring in my 75b and it works great. It's a 75b in .40SW that came wit a factory metal guide rod, not sure if that matters but it dropped right in with no mods. It's actually easier to reassemble now, and easier for my wife to work the slide.

Edited by DarthMuffin

I'm using a 13 pound mainspring from Angus and a severely cut down 11 pound recoil spring. I've cut 5 or 6 coils off the recoil spring, maybe more. I'd have to pull a new one out and count. The 13 pound mainspring really lightened up the DA first shot and will set off any primer I've tried, CCI's included. On Angus' recommendations I went with the +10% mag springs in all my mags - two 15 rounders and two 10 rounders. For the factory 10 round mags with the big plastic bases on them I cut 2 coils off. I replaced the extractor spring with one of the extra power ones from Angus and cut it down to the factory length. It's still stronger than the factory one that way but not stupid strong. At the original length it caused failures to eject because it had sooooo much tension on the case head it wouldn't let go.

After all the cutting on the 11 pound recoil spring and 2000 rounds later I'm finally happy with the way the gun feels shooting 147's at 127 to 131 PF.