Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Soldiers

Loves2Shoot

There's a reason why I have the excerpt I do below from Senator Miller. It fits and most of all...it's honest.

I came home on leave during training and my father picked me up at the airport. The whole way from Fort Sill, we (as I was traveling with other soldiers) were given nothing but thanks, hand shakes and hugs. When my father picked me up, he too saw the gracious behavior that we were receiving. He was proud but for a minute remembered what it was like for him and others returning from another not so popular war.

I had asked him if he'd ever got anything like this before. Unfortunately, the answer was that he had never had this before.

It's great to see that the American public can look past the "rights" and "wrongs" of a war, look past their own beliefs, and still thank those that maintain our freedoms every day.

To every brother and sister Soldier, Sailor, Marine and Airmen, I say thank you. The greatest resource this nation has is our people in uniform. Fighting a battle, that may never come, but always standing vigilant to rise to the occasion should one come about.

Again, thank you and God bless each of you.

SPC Richard A. White

Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment

I say thanks to my Soldiers everyday for what they do. One thing I have learned in command is that if you take care of Soldiers they will take care of you. If you take care of them, they will do anything in the world for you. "Impossible is nothing" (Adidas slogan) when a Soldiers knows that you will take care of them.

I wish more people would take note to that. When you see a Soldier, Marine, Sailor, or Airmen, take time to talk to them and listen to what they have to say. In conversation, they will tell you the same thing in so many words.

glock17w

Thank you all for your support. I am sure I speak for all Active, Guard and Reserve troops when I say that we do what we do to protect and serve great people just like you all. Please continue to keep us all in your thoughts and prayers as even more of us depart for locations all over the world to protect the freedoms we all love and enjoy.

I deploy in a few days and will miss checking the board. I will also miss most of the USPSA shooting season this year but if my time helps protect our rights then it is time well spent.

God bless all of our Airman, Soldiers, Sailors and Marines, both home and deployed and God bless you all for the respect and care that you give to us.

MSgt Rob Jessee

USAF

USAF Action Pistol Team!

Thank you.

Speaking for my folks here in this little piece of the (nicer section of the) Middle East, support of real Americans like ya'll (all ya'll?) means a lot to us, after the relentless anti-American stories we read in the papers and watch on CNN.

Thanks again,

Alex

1st Shirt

TLO Ankara Turkey

+1 for what all the other service members have said in return.

Rob, Have a wild ride and come home safe.

Alex, Stay safe and keep Kadir happy.

Rich, I regret that we only saw each other once over here. It appears you will be stuck at home for the remainder of your tour. I'd love to come visit, but cannot. You understand.

Glock17W, When are you coming up to Osan?

To everyone who says "Thank you" to a service member, thank you for the opportunity to serve. Your dedication and belief in our way of life keep us going and allow us to do it. We may not always do it with a smile (nigh impossible sometimes), but we serve you.

Liota

Edited by Liota

Rob - Be safe and see you when you get back.

Alex - Can't wait to shoot with you again. You probably don't remember but we shot the Paper 'n' Iron match together with Wayne Holloway a long time ago.

Glock17w - Sir, hope to run into you the next time I'm up at Battalion/Brigade. I'll make a point to let you know I'm in Yongsan.

Liota - This week for sure it's on for lunch at Chili's (there are some bright spots on the ROK). You and Glock17w know the conditions here at Humphreys. It got really crazy this weekend with the KNP's getting their butts handed to them yesterday. But, it should be business as usual this week.

Way too many Air Force folks on the boards. We need more Army. Glock17w, Stingerjg and myself holdin' it down I suppose. B)

Take care and God Bless.

Rich

"It is the unconquerable nature of man and not the nature of the weapon he uses that ensures victory." George S. Patton

Great men and women ensure our (and others) freedom. Those of us standing upon our home shores will be active, vigilant, and brave in our support of your efforts on our behalf. Thank you and Godspeed.

I am always in Seoul. It is my second home. Let me know when you will be up and we will get together. I will PM you both of my cell phone numbers. Liota, I will be in Osan one day soon when I get some time. I will give you a call once I am headed that way.

I am getting pretty excited now that the summer is approaching due to the fact we are focusing on preparing for our Convoy Live Fire Exercise. I am trying to get ammo to do a lot of shooting next quarter. I am sure the Soldiers will love it and so will I. I will be able to give them a piece of my knowledge. Makes me feel good as a commander to give them the opportunity to train on something that may one day save their life.

glock17w

Thanks for the kind words for soldiers. I just got back in the US this week after 18 months of mobilization including one year in Iraq. The amount of support and prayers I received is humbling.

I am looking forward to shooting for fun again!

Regards,

Scott Carter

LTC, IN

48th BCT S5

aka ranger on BE

Hey all you guys and gals in the U.S. Armed forces, THANK YOU!!!

I Keep you in my prayers. It is because of ya'll and all that came before you that we have our freedoms. Let us not forget our fallen heroes, that they did not die in vain. Be safe, come home soon. God Bless

Most Americans live in a society of comfort, greed, and excess and forget our past and the sacrifices made by those who came before us.

As Amercians we must never forget the WHY behind why our lives are so good. Those of you who are hunkered down in the desert, sailing the seas, flying the skys, or riding a desk provide me the freedom to pursue my dreams.

The movie "Blackhawk Down" spurred me to expres my grattitude on this forum. I know it's only a movie, but in watching the interviews with the actors and their commitment to honor the people who lived the experience, I do believe it expresses the heart behind most of those who serve selflessly. I know that the two guys who roped in, knowing the odds of returning, are why our military (and country) is great.

Like this forum, life is about passing "it" on, so I personally appreciate all of the thoughts and feelings expressed in this thread.