Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illegal Immigrant Day

Wow the streets are empty! I've been hearing people having their daily commute times reduced by 50%.

Less people.

Less noise.

The shops that are open have less congestion.

I didn't know there were so many dang illegals in Los Angeles.

As a LEGAL immigrant who had to wait for five years to be able to come to this country... screw those who took "cuts" in the line.

Deport them I say!!!!

(Except for those people at my favorite Taco place. :P Had to go to Popeye's because it was closed.)

I know that we should not engage in political stuff on these forums. But it just annoys me that those here illegally are demanding all this stuff. The reason we have high medical insurance, high car insurance, low job wages, packed schools, drug problems etc. is because of illegal immigration.

I was always told that crime does not pay.... I think it pays big time now...

It was great today! I went to the local Orchard Supply Hardware and was able to just drive right into the parking lot, no gauntlet of Illegals surrounding the hardware store.

Nolan

A good friend of mine is a Border Patrol agent here in Louisiana. He said they fielded many calls today from folks who wanted them out picking up illegals and deporting them. His department response was "due to budget cuts we have only 4 agents here, what would you like us to do???"

Britin and RS,

Thanks for doing it the right way, you guys have earned the spot.

As far as today goes a good little restaurant we support closed for the day which in and of itself was not that big of a deal. But on the door was left a diatribe of the owners feelings/thoughts. I hope he has a lot of clietele we have never seen before because he will have a hard time regaining any business after the written tirade.

Take care Craig

Some of you may have seen this, some great points.

I'm all for those who do it the right way, but not for those that come here illegally, cut corners & expect rights that they have not earned. I saw a picture of some CA school kids putting the Mexican flag above an upside down American flag at their school. An American Public School! WTF? I used to be pretty neutral on this subject like most probably were, but this is starting to piss me off. I may be wrong but I think these illegal invaders are going to creat more hostility & backlash from AMERICANS than they ever expected!

Oh, and by the way.. the "day w/ out immigrants".. I sure didn't notice any negative impact. Go ahead & take the rest of the month off. Better yet, go home we'll cover it.

I know that we should not engage in political stuff on these forums. But it just annoys me that those here illegally are demanding all this stuff. The reason we have high medical insurance, high car insurance, low job wages, packed schools, drug problems etc. is because of illegal immigration.

I don't see it as "Political". I just see it as a bunch of people breaking our laws and some trying to allow them to do it.

Calling them "Undocumented Workers" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists".

Traffic was pretty light here in Orlando yesterday too. I wish they would rally more often.

Edited by Bigbadaboom

I take a pragmatic and (I hope) compassionate viewpoint:

If the Bush admin wants to safeguard the Discount Slave Labor Force for the benefit of big business, I am actually OK with it:

AS LONG AS THEY DON'T CONTINUE TO DUMP THE COST ON THE BORDER STATES.

Out here in kali, we pay for the Medical, Bilingual education, AFDC, and all the other goodies they enjoy. I would say let them stay as long as the FED would re-imburse for those expenses out of general tax revenue which meant the cost was at least partially shared among other states.

I don't see it as "Political". I just see it as a bunch of people breaking our laws and some trying to allow them to do it.

Calling them "Undocumented Workers" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists".

:lol::lol:

But there are those who claim they will do the jobs Americans won't do.... and that is a half-truth: the complete sentence is, "They will do the jobs Americans won't do FOR $3 AN HOUR."

There are also those who claim having this slave labor force "invigorates" the economy and actually results in a net benefit to it in tax revenue..... and they can claim this lie with a straight face because there is no way to accurately measure the cost of these workers to the local systems because they are (by definition) undocumented and not accurately measured.

Bottom line, I say register them as guest workers and then make the Fed start picking up their tab for services. We would instantly see the true cost of this blessing to Wal-Mart and the Roofing Industry..... and then the debate would be based on facts, not blathering rhetoric laced with accusations of racism.

I really have no problem with LEGAL immigration, You come here as my family did from germany after world war I. You come in, you learn ENGLISH, written and spoken !!!

You become a AMERICAN and PAY TAXS!!!!!!!!!!!!, NO handouts, NO free lunchs, No changing OFFICAL books and manuals to YOUR words, Much less changing our National antum to YOUR liking, become LEGAL or GET-OUT.

thanks

Oberservation: odd, we can freely discuss this topic (which has nothing to do with shooting (well, sports anyways)), but we can't discuss things such as questionable re-shoots at the Nationals or why someone (and not just any someone), and possibly more, are possibly on some list of persona non grata at a major match which, oddly enough, do pertain to shooting sports. :ph34r:

Carry on.