Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pollen

Bear1142

Ugh! I hate Pollen and all of the other crap that gives you allergies. I never had allergies until I moved to Atlanta. Then I find out that Northern Georgia is one of the worst places in the Country for developing allergies. Anyone know what is the most powerful sinus decongestant you can get over the counter?

Erik

It's not exactly over the counter but for us it works.In the spring time here in the great state of northern mexico, just west of new mexico, we get hit pretty hard when the desert finally sees a little rain. Everything, and I mean everything blooms, for a few weeks - lots of allergies to go around. The kinds that render your eyes and brain non-functional.

For the past 6 years the entire family has relied on a herb called Oil of Oregano. It's put out by North American Herb and Spice. The product name is Oreganol. This Oreganol stuff is NOT cheap but for us it has worked wonders. There is cheaper stuff around but we found that only the Oreganol had high enough concentrations of what ever it is that works to make it really effective.

The stuff works at a slower pace than drugs but there are no side affects and for us the stuff has worked very well. One of the kids used to have to stay inside with a damp cloth over his eyes, he wasn't able to play outside during the spring. The we started putting a couple of drops of the Oreganol under his tongue every (about) 4 hours and he was outside with no problems.

Not everything works for everybody but this stuff sure has worked for us. You might have to check around for a specialty health food store for availability.

After years of suffering, my doctor highly recommended I get back on allergy shots. I did so, and now I am completely clear, even during the worst season for me which is right now. I have only been on them for a year, and what a difference! No more Clariten, no more Allegra, no more decongestants, no more sniffling, no more running....why oh why did I not get back on these 10 years ago!

Ugh! I hate Pollen and all of the other crap that gives you allergies. /// Anyone know what is the most powerful sinus decongestant you can get over the counter?

Erik

Probably pseudoephedrine (sudafed) but you have to sign for it in some states.

Ugh! I hate Pollen and all of the other crap that gives you allergies.

It's funny... the definition of "mixed emotions" used to be your ex-wife driving off in your Porsche (don't go away mad, but please do go away)......

Now in kali, it's us waiting for the floods of the century to cease. We're sick of rain, but the pollen that will follow it will be monumental. We have at least three more weeks of heavy rain predicted, but doctors are already warning people it will be the worst allergy season in history. Everything grew, nothing died over the winter, and all the plants are revving their engines waiting to bloom when the sun shines for two days.

It's going to be hell on earth out here.

I just hope this year isn't as bad as last year. Last year we were hitting pollen counts up near 3800, and I was reacting to stuff I normally don't.

I got stuck on all sorts of prescriptions for allergies when I was in colelge. They really didn't work. I got the most relief from increasing the ammount of exercise I got and using some actifed or generic equivalent to treat symptoms. I felt a lot better without the multiple prescription meds.

For some reason, every type of alergy pill out there was causing me to have migraines. Except for one, Allegra-D. It is the best pill I have found so far.

But I'm outdoors from sun-up til near dark every day, and one pill doesn't help much in April. Tree pollen is my main trouble. About the end of May I stop having problems.

Like every year, I got an injection of Depomedrol this week. I'm fine now. It usually last six weeks like it's supposed to. Last year it seemed to wear off in two weeks though.

Allergies do suck big time. I'm in better physical shape than I have been in ten years, and my seasonal allergies seem worse than ever :angry: .

I seem to have found a mixture of medicines that seem to be working. I'm using Sudafed (the good stuff they keep behind the counter) chased with an overdose of Nyquil and enought nasel spray to fog up a small car. Seems to be working...so far.

Erik

I could deal with my nose running but not my eyes itching ( allergic conjunctivitis) and the damn medicine ( patanol) is expensive.
But, at least you can use it. Patanol gave me the worst migraines of my life. When my allergies are revved up, my eyes produce a green slime so thick you could use it to hang wall paper. Some days they are so swollen when I wake up, my vision is blurred out for hours.

Here in Korea, the dust will kill your allergies. We're getting a microdust from the Gobi Desert. It's in my lungs and making it hard to breathe. I have an inhaler, but am at an odds. If I use the inhaler, it opens my lungs. More dust, more inhaler. more dust more inhaler. Darned circle.

Otherwise, there is the normal dust. Ugh!

Liota