Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What? Not Lim10? My Mag Is 10rounds!

Rikarin

I just need to rant. I am bummed.

After almost like half year shooting, I was told just this tuesday that double-stack production gun has to shoot in Limitted Class, not in Lim10. This sucks big time.

Tuesday Steel has a lot of mandatory mag-change and all, surely this is way too much disadvantage..... Or well. Gotta get a Glock and high-cap mags, start loading pussycat load or just forget about Tuesday Steel..... My sprit/mind ain't in it shooting knowing my gun is not competitive. This shooting stuff is costing me too much. Argh. Can't keep up with it :(

That sucks :( In USPSA, you'd be right, any gun that's Limited legal, but only loaded to 10 rounds, is L-10 legal. Are there typically strings longer than your XD will hold (ie, are they just concerned about the gun being easier to load than a single stack gun?).

This sort of thing is why I tend to shoot only sanctioned matches (ie, USPSA, Steel Challenge, etc)... I like to know the rules before I show up, and not find some arbitrary stuff when I get there...

Sorry Riki but I don't get it.

Any gun that is legal in Limited is legal in lim 10 as long as you only have 10 rounds in the mag at the buzzer.

Double stack makes no difference. Hi cap mags are legal (w/ 10 rounds)

What gun were you shooting?

Tls

If the gun is not Open or with optics then any Limited gun is a Limited 10 gun with only 10 rounds in the magazine after the start signal. US Appendix D8 item 9.

I type slower than I shoot & someone else answered first. But a Glock is not the answer because it is double stack also.

Edited by LPatterson

Rikarin,

In California, I don't think you have the option of buying "hi-cap" mags. If you did not live in California and own them by 1999 (or some year before 2000) then you can never legally own or buy them unless you move to another state with less gun restrictions. You could buy a glock from someone, but they can not legally sell (or give) mags that hold more than 10 rounds to you. They have the option of keeping them, throwing them in the trash can, or selling them to someone outside of California. I'm sorry for the bad news.

Edited by 1911user

I don't believe steel matches fall under USPSA rules since they are all steel targets and that is illegal in USPSA. Some times local rules make sense, sometimes not. We just do Open and Irons for our local matches.

Sorry Rika, you can still be competitve in your spirit.

After almost like half year shooting, I was told just this tuesday that double-stack production gun has to shoot in Limitted Class, not in Lim10. This sucks big time.

Tuesday Steel has a lot of mandatory mag-change and all, surely this is way too much disadvantage..... Or well. Gotta get a Glock and high-cap mags, start loading pussycat load or just forget about Tuesday Steel..... My sprit/mind ain't in it shooting knowing my gun is not competitive. This shooting stuff is costing me too much. Argh. Can't keep up with it :(

Rika,

Can you PM me and tell me who told you that? I know it's not USPSA sanctioned but I always thought we were using USPSA rules up there on Tuesdays. It's best to ask M. Darren or one of those guys because they run the match.

Can you get hi-cap mags for the production gun that you already have? You'll need some anyway for when you get on the US Production Team. IPSC matches don't have the 10 round restriction that USPSA does :):D

So everyone knows the scoop....Here it is.

The Limited 10 class on Tuesday night steel was made up for the single stack guns only.

This was done before USPSA added the SS as a provisional class.

In light of the changes in USPSA it should have been named Single Stack and not Limited 10 to make it easier for people to understand.

Sorry it caused so much grief Rika, we still want you to come out and shoot with us.

Excatly... they don't follow USPSA rules. So, I guess I need Steel gun and USPSA gun.

I need to buy 9mm anyways for both USPSA and etcetra. XD40 doesn't cycle well below 145PF (Robbie said 140 but mine doesn't slide lock below 145PF) and its HUUUUUUUUDGE disadvantage for me. So, I got go back to 9mm or something which slide is light enough.

That sucks :( In USPSA, you'd be right, any gun that's Limited legal, but only loaded to 10 rounds, is L-10 legal.

You know.... you guys are like, so like upbeat. I wish I can have blind faith in me aaal the time. But it always slips away and hard to hold on to. So, thanks, you too, EricW, for words of blind faith!!

Riki...just whip'em in Limited Class! :D

You know.... you guys are like, so like upbeat. I wish I can have blind faith in me aaal the time. But it always slips away and hard to hold on to. So, thanks, you too, EricW, for words of blind faith!!

I don't know about blind faith, per se, but... He's not wrong :D "Ok, if you won't let me shoot in L-10 (which, BTW, I'm still at a disadvantage with because of my trigger setup), I'll just kick your ass in Open (or whatever)....". Confidence, and desire to kick ass and take names, yes. Not really blind faith :D

Rika,

One of the traditions here locally is to sign up for Open and/or Limited and...shoot your Limited gun in both.

It's particularly entertaining at the shootoffs when two Limited shooters are on the line shooting in Open division and the RO tells them turn on their dots and load and make ready. :lol:

You can let it get the best of you, or you can make the most of it. Now get out there with your Production gun and go kick some foo foo gun booty! :)

First, Tuesday Night Steel at Rio is not a USPSA sanctioned match by any means. It is however the best match on the planet in my opinion. Time plus penalties, simple.

You shoot either Open or Limited. That's it. If you want to use it to practice L-10, it's a great opportunity. If you want to run your hi-cap go at it. It's up to you.

SPC Richard A. White, Senior Medic

249th MP Detachment (EACF)

Camp Humphreys, ROK

Hey Rika, they will let you shoot your gun loaded with 10 rounds at Thursday night steel at Phoenix rod and gun club, which is still a pretty decent match.

Well, Maybe you should have checked on the rules with the match director before going to the match for the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Phoenix Rod & Gun , Thursday Night Steel Match has:

• Open
  • Limited
  • Limited 10 (any iron sight gun with 10 rds in the mag)
  • Revo (optics shoot in OPEN class , irrc.)
  • and "Fun gun"

Classes are grouped by ability :

• Master
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D

win your class 3x and promote up to the next one.

until that day,

Mark

Rika,

Can you PM me and tell me who told you that? I know it's not USPSA sanctioned but I always thought we were using USPSA rules up there on Tuesdays. It's best to ask M. Darren or one of those guys because they run the match.

Rika, that really surprises me as well....well it is a fun club match and great to shoot.

Edited by Trisha Lowry

there was a mass email sent out to the Rio Practical List about 1 to 1.5 years ago about the "new" L10 division.

Singlestacks & 10 rd mags only - maybe the organizers can be persuaded to open up the division to just 10/mag?

M

there was a mass email sent out to the Rio Practical List about 1 to 1.5 years ago about the "new" L10 division.

Singlestacks & 10 rd mags only - maybe the organizers can be persuaded to open up the division to just 10/mag?

M

Or just change the name to Single Stack Mag Guns Only? I dunno. Either way would be an improvement.

-ld