Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster Inquiry

sandman_sy

I'm having trouble in choosing my new holster. Ive tried a lot of holster over the week, shooters here were kind enough to lend me some :) My gun is an STI Hi cap. I've narrowed it down to 3 brands. WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST?? I'd like to hear opinions from the Best, meaning members of this Forum :D thanx.

Count up to Post #17

GUGA-4

CR SPEED-0

GHOST-5

LIMCAT-3

Hhmm.. Looks like its a Ghost for me! :)

Edited by sandman_sy

I had a Safriland and liked it. Have tried the others and have settled on a Kytac. I think it is just as fast (Unless you shoot open) and protects the gun a little better and prevents it fronm dropping. If you are to get a "ghost" type holster, I recommend one with the throw lever for a lock. The turn knobs seem to let go of their hold after a while and if it falls.....

My $.02

Mike

Sandman, wzup Pinoy! FWIW I have the following:

Safariland 012 - Haven't use it in a match, I find it too heavy. Will sell eventually.

CR Speed - I like a lot and very easy to use. A keeper!

Limcat - What I use the most. I like the adjustability and like what OB Squirrel said, pistol will not come off once it's locked. Just be extra careful when holstering, I dropped my gun once while practicing. The gun was angled back when I was holstering and the trigger guard missed the hook.

IMO, all three give the same smooth fast draws once you get use to how one works.

I use safariland for years and I tried the limcat but end up ghost.

safariland 011 - I think they use the same tention block with 012. I had experieced gun fell off.

Limcat - expensive

ghost - cheap and similar functions/features with limcat

by the way, you can try guga holster. very nice but expensive and don't forget the magazine pouch.

Edited by achard

Used to own a CR Speed, while it's a very good holster it just didn't quite work for me. Switched to Ghost about 3 yrs ago and have been very pleased with it.

FWIW I have read that the Limcat holster needs a little tweaker to fit on the CR Speed belt. YMMV. :)

sandman,

i've been using the GUGA for almost a year now and it's the best i've used. try to email Rene of speedshooter.com and i think his stocks will be arriving soon. nice person to deal with. ;) try to do a search of the gugs and u'll see a lot of good reviews and the advantage of getting the guga. hope this helps! :)

I was at the Gun Store this mornin n ander city( which s a overnyt trip via pasenger boat from my home town );p n behold.... no limkat stock n never heard of Guga(aint my day) :( but dey did hav a CR speed latest model... n red... it looked hot :) n da fabled Ghost holster... wasn't an eye candy but i loved how sturdy it looked.

so here i was, w/ a delema(hav to choose by the end of my trip here), after tryn both holsters on, n tried a few draws w/ a 2011 STI grip(exactly like mine), i found out dat da cr speed has a loose hold on da trigger guard for the STI, people told me dey fit best for para (dont know f dey r tellin da truth) :(

next da ghost, loved da draws, loved da desgn, n held da gun nice n tyt.... but when tryn to turn on the lock, it was hard, da knob had to b pushed in then turned... r all ghost holster lyk this? or just a defect. it was hard to do :(

A few adices would b nice, need to decde by tom :)

Edited by sandman_sy

You probably won't go wrong with either the Ghost or CR-Speed. If the CR is loose, that might not be good.

The push-in-then-turn lock is meant to be like that on the Ghost. That way it doesn't get locked accidentally when you don't want it to, and it will flip off if you hit it with your finger on a draw.

next da ghost, loved da draws, loved da desgn, n held da gun nice n tyt.... but when tryn to turn on the lock, it was hard, da knob had to b pushed in then turned... r all ghost holster lyk this? or just a defect. it was hard to do :(

A few adices would b nice, need to decde by tom :)

Push it in with index finger and turn the lock wiith your middle finger.