Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rain...rain...rain..

eerw

Sitting out here on the Oregon Coast...and it is freakin'!!!!! RAINING...

forgot how much it does that here....no gun...can't dryfire...can't reload...

jeez...well could be worse..my wife called from home and said it was snowing....

Well Stuart, if you're here til June, it'll start to clear up (a little) :(:lol:

Besides, all's not lost when you can log onto benos.com.

Edited by al503

Well Stuart, if you're here til June, it'll start to clear up (a little) :(:lol:

Besides, all's not lost when you can log onto benos.com.

its my escape...

saw the weather...calling for an inch of rain today..winds up to 50mph..

at least Thursday is only predicting 1/2 inch of rain...

There's a deep trough in the Jet Stream lodging itself over the entire West Coast and whamming the Northwestern States (again!!!) with a whoopee-doo storm with high winds (and blizzard conditions over the passes). Though, I'll tell ya, high winds on the Oregon Coast is the weather-du-jour most of the time out here in winter and spring. Those 50mph winds on the Oregon Coast are, well, ordinary... a lot of the time. I don't see how people live out there. :o:o

The Southern Oregon Coast in summer is breathtaking, however. Freepin' breathtaking.

But it's breaktaking of a different sort in winter "up here." <_<

Take heart... the "trough" will move east in a couple or so days..... then you'll get your rain.

Rain is also keeping the f-ing cable guy from digging into my neighbor's yard to rewire the underground cable. I'm approaching 3 weeks without cable.

Here in the Sacramento Valley, snow level in the sierra's is suppose to drop to somewhere around 500-1000 feet on Friday. Most of us ditched work last Friday because the snow level dropped to 1800 feet and our office is at 2700 feet and they had chain control going. They haven't enforced chain control in that area for over 10 years.

There's a deep trough in the Jet Stream lodging itself over the entire West Coast and whamming the Northwestern States (again!!!) with a whoopee-doo storm with high winds (and blizzard conditions over the passes). Though, I'll tell ya, high winds on the Oregon Coast is the weather-du-jour most of the time out here in winter and spring. Those 50mph winds on the Oregon Coast are, well, ordinary... a lot of the time. I don't see how people live out there. :o:o

The Southern Oregon Coast in summer is breathtaking, however. Freepin' breathtaking.

But it's breaktaking of a different sort in winter "up here." <_<

Take heart... the "trough" will move east in a couple or so days..... then you'll get your rain.

You forgot the Oregon motto "We don't tan, we rust."

The onshore breeze and the downslope winds from the Rocky Mountain front are about the same.

jeez...well could be worse..my wife called from home and said it was snowing....

Ya just had to mention snow...

Here's something you don't see every day.. or every season here.. Snow advisory for the San Francisco Bay area through tonight and a Special Marine Statement for waterspouts and 1/2" hail 20 miles off the coast of Santa Cruz. Holy cow!

Hmm, the last time there was measurable snow in SF was... the Winter of 1976..I was living near Redding and as I recall that year we had snow in early May.

Vince

You can't 'dryfire' in Oregon they have wetfire. Dry is not a real word in Oregon. They don't have drywall, they have dampwall. They don't have clothes dryers, they have temporary clothes dehumidifiers. They don't even have dry goods stores anymore, well not since they got the new WalMart. :P

Nolan

YEP, asnow and hail in downtown San Francisco yesterday. The high for the day was something like 44, and exactly one year ago to the day: the high in San Jose was 88 degrees.

Global warming sure is fun. Our weather this winter has been oscillating back and forth between three to four week stretches of either record heat or record cold.

You can't 'dryfire' in Oregon they have wetfire. Dry is not a real word in Oregon. They don't have drywall, they have dampwall. They don't have clothes dryers, they have temporary clothes dehumidifiers. They don't even have dry goods stores anymore, well not since they got the new WalMart. :P

Nolan

And nobody gets Alzheimer's disease... their brains just rust.

YEP, asnow and hail in downtown San Francisco yesterday. The high for the day was something like 44, and exactly one year ago to the day: the high in San Jose was 88 degrees.

Damn, and I missed it! :( I was downtown all day yesterday and every time I looked outside it was dry (between 1st, 2nd, Mission, and Market). Where were you at downtown that had hail and snow? :(

Vince

We had snow, yeah that's right, SNOW in Pacifica, California, not on the hills, but on the beaches earlier this evening!

Now that's a sight around here ;-)

What? beaches? In Pacifica? Whoa. End is near...

At least we know people in San Francisco don't know how to drive in the snow.

And um this surprises you how? :D It's not just San Francisco, it's practically everyone in the Bay area. We get a little wet on the pavement and all of a sudden very few people know how to drive. I'm quite happy that I only have to drive to transit since I take the train into the city.. Though the fire they had in the tunnel was kind of interesting earlier this week.

Vince

Bad driving in snow is not just a California problem, we got a 1/4" this morning and I saw 2 accidents. I would accuse them of sleeping through driver's training, both hours of it, except there is no such requirement in Montana. I think most of them started on a horse. Turn signals are not something they know how to use either.

Rain !!!! Finally rained yesterday and we got snow down to 2000 feet.

We sure can use it. Now Trish can be happy.

And 32 inches of snow in Pine Top. They also were able to open the ski resort in Flagstafff Friday morning. First time this year.

Edited by AzShooter

:D The rain was wonderful but did it need to snow in CaveCreek? :-) Arizona drivers don't know what to do with weather other than sit and stare at it through their windows!

Wonderful....NOT!

I know we needed the rain but standing in the rain for 12 hours with 3 different SNOW flurries mixed in during the 3 gun at Rio Salado was not my idea of fun. That's a good part of the reason I left the upper Midwest.

Damn, and I missed it! :( I was downtown all day yesterday and every time I looked outside it was dry (between 1st, 2nd, Mission, and Market). Where were you at downtown that had hail and snow? :(

Vince

I wasn't there, they showed it on the news.

Did you see the 30 car pileup? Some tunnel, on one side it was pouring rain and on the other side it was snowing. The cars came out of the tunnel and hit 4 inches of snow and sleet and started sliding. two dead and a bunch of cars totaled.

At least we know people in San Francisco don't know how to drive in the snow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060311/ap_on_...ter_storm_crash

Honestly, most kali drivers don't know how to drive in any condition other than sunshine. And a large percentage of them can't drive in that either.

:D

Edited by bountyhunter