Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$1200 For A Brazos Open Sc?

al503

My Birthday is coming up and my g/f asked what I wanted. I told her that I really didn't need anything. She says 'I wish I could buy you another gun but I don't think I could afford it. Those things cost like $1200 bucks, don't they? :blink:

I just said "yeah. I don't want you to spend that much money on me." :lol:

When I brought home a used Glock 17 last year, my wife was a little upset, until I told her that it was $350. "Oh, I thought it was going to be $1000 or more, like the last one, thats okay." So for now on, all my guns are going to cost about $350. :D

When I brought home a used Glock 17 last year, my wife was a little upset, until I told her that it was $350. "Oh, I thought it was going to be $1000 or more, like the last one, thats okay." So for now on, all my guns are going to cost about $350. :D

Yep. Mine too.

Of course everything I buy is used.

And I can reload for about 2 cents a round.

And match fees are free cause I help.

No, this is a friend's gun.

See, I almost shoot for nothing. ;)

She also tells me that I work hard for my $ so I should be able to get what I want.

She'll be like this after we get married. Won't she? :unsure::huh::mellow::lol:

Edited by al503

She also tells me that I work hard for my $ so I should be able to get what I want.

Ohh boy she must have a PHD from the soon-to-be-wives club. (PHD=Piled Higher Deeper).

Sure it is all that now. Little known there is a secret additive to wedding cake that nullifies all those feelings. The low frequency sub carrier tunes in and they all march as one. Occasionally there is one where the immune system rejects the drug but they are quickly found out hunted down and ostracized for being abnormal.

Funny thing. The antenna for the carrier wave seems to be the wedding ring itself. Because when it come sof after divorce there is a short term reversal of things until the next ring goes on.

LOL!

Mine got mad because I was working 12 hour shifts and pulling in beaucoup overtime for a year. I gave her all the regular check and half the overtime. I kept half for hobbies and such. She was free to spend the other as she wanted. She was still mad and did not understand why I kept 1/2 the over time out.

She also got mad when I sold the car (an 8 year old heap) and bought her a brand new car for her birthday. Still don't understand that one. Of course I returned the new car and bought her old one back (at a 200.00 loss) and she was still mad.

Later, Steven

PS.

Wise man once said: No matter how beautiful, wise, caring, or perfect she may be... There is a man somewhere that is tired of her ****.

And just for your information.. NO I am not bitter about my Ex. LOL!

Edited by standles

:wub: My wife gets better every year :wub: ... so She may be like that. you could be as lucky as me :D

If she knows the worst things about you ... and she does not care... thin you found the right one. B)

What have you don for 'her' lately?

Oh! and Tell her now what the gun realy cost$$ and thin add in the Cost for new mags and any extra stuff. Whatch her face and you will know all you need to know.

If you don't tell her, <_< its just like a lie and when she finds out she will know. <_<

Edited by AlamoShooter

Oh! and Tell her now what the gun realy cost$$ and thin add in the Cost for new mags and any extra stuff. Whatch her face and you will know all you need to know.

If you don't tell her, <_< its just like a lie and when she finds out she will know. <_<

I could do that or I could want to live also. :ph34r::lol: j/k

I just hope that she won't ever see the the open gun and the back-up I have coming, out on the bench at the same time.

All kidding aside, your advice is sound. I appreciate it.

Shortly after getting married, my wife informed me that no individual gun could cost more than her ring since it had to be the most expensive non-car product in the house. I can buy as many as I want, as long as I keep each one under that limit.

Shortly after getting married, my wife informed me that no individual gun could cost more than her ring since it had to be the most expensive non-car product in the house. I can buy as many as I want, as long as I keep each one under that limit.

Damn Rob,

I could easily live with those rules. Heck, she only has one ring right? I guess the only pre-requisite is that you would like to have know that BEFORE you picked out the ring since you would be setting the ceiling for some years to come. :)

Of course, I'm sure she would let you "upgrade" the ring at any point in the future as new gun prices continue to rise... :)

-Cuz.

Thank you Mr. Boudrie!!!

Hmmm

There may be a gray legal area here to exploit. You can purchase "parts" and then when the gun is assembled it might be more than the ring. According to BATF rules the frame is considered the gun right

:D

Well, Cripes!, Boudrie. The diamond I've been looking at is about $13K. So I can get away with a $5K ring (since I can get pretty much any open gun for under that?)

She'll be happy with a much smaller diamond, I guess. I'll tell her about your influence on my decision after we get hitched. There's probably many Rob Boudrie's in Mass so it'll probably take a while for her to hunt you down. :lol:

Both my wife's Browing Golds were lots more than that! I made a mistake (maybe) when I showed her a picture of the Ladies Gold Sporting, Golden Clays. She got that for "nice" days :lol:

Well, Cripes!, Boudrie. The diamond I've been looking at is about $13K. So I can get away with a $5K ring (since I can get pretty much any open gun for under that?)

She'll be happy with a much smaller diamond, I guess. I'll tell her about your influence on my decision after we get hitched. There's probably many Rob Boudrie's in Mass so it'll probably take a while for her to hunt you down. :lol:

With the $5K ring you won't be able to get a Perazzi. Then again, with the $13K ring you won't be able to get one of the higher-end Perazzis. ;)

With the $5K ring you won't be able to get a Perazzi. Then again, with the $13K ring you won't be able to get one of the higher-end Perazzis. ;)

Hey Cullen. I've never heard of a Perazzi. Might have to google it.

I'm happy with my guns from Brazos. They work and they're beauties.

How about $16K? The setting is another $3K. :unsure:

When I bought my SV a few years ago I told my wife it only cost $1000. Then a few months later we were at a gunshow and SV was there. Funny, she says "why are those guns $2700 and yours was only $1000?" Needless to say I got busted. Luckily she knows about the $4000 for the Brazos gun. However, I also have a JP rifle being built that she doesn't know about. OOPS.... It'll be ready in a week or so. I'll have to tell her it only cost $1200 or so. I'm also buying a Benelli this weekend. Looks like I'm going to get my ass kicked... Luckily I have some leverage cause she just bought a new car.. :D

Pete

My wife once told me that if I brought home another gun, she would shoot me with it.

Thank goodness my friend Joe heard her and let me keep it over at his house for a couple of months.

I wish that was just a joke. It really happened.