Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thoughts Behinds Signatures

I often read posts (almost every day), I always read the signature-lines.

Can't escape that feeling that the signature-lines tell more about a person than their posts...

Comments please....

Henny.

Edited by schmitz

Henny brings up an interesting point. The signature lines can be a lot of things... serious, funny, or just an inside joke. Reading them is something like reading the (bumper) stickers we often put on our cars.

I graduated from Auburn University in 1998, you know I still have have an AU sticker and fraternity greek letters on my truck's back window. I even replaced them with new, brighter stickers about two years ago. Edit to add...am I living in the past on this one, too nostalgic perhaps?

My signature, I was just playing on a work related theme.

Edited by Middle Man

The first line is also my avatar from the aikido group I'm in. I just think it so aptly describes IPSC - each encounter (stage) only offers you one chance.

The second line is from a Dan Millman book and is a reminder to pay attention to everything because if you aren't paying attention you can't learn...

And the last line...well, that is our esteemed host and his witty observation (pun intentional).

Mine.... "Sights are a formality..." is a little running joke of mine... ;)

First line after that ... "The Matrix" - one of the child prodigies to Neo

Second line ... "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" - Qui Gon Jin to Anakin

I consider myself an analytical person. Therefore, I'm an analytical shooter.

I, of course, do the things that feel right and work. But I have an unquenchable (I hope that's a word) thirst for knowing WHY it feels right and/or work.

I watched the movie Equilibrium and I considered that particular monologue by a character about the birth of the Gun Kata to be pretty accurate about reflecting my personality/style.

By the way, I'll also jump on the "quotes reflect peoples personalities" bandwagon. Even if you mean them as jokes or a little trivia, or like some people do (although I haven't seen this in this forum) post your gun collection. They still talk about your persona and personality.

Edited by Pierruiggi

Without getting too political here...I'm from soutwestern Illinois/St. Louis metropolitan area. Chicagoans like to call us

"downstate". I'm just a little ticked about that term. I think it carries a negative conotation.

Chicago politicians want more gun laws. Daly/Blagovich are pushing for the State's own Assault Weapons Ban. Furthermore, the former governor, Ryan, should be standing trial shortly for all of his corruption activities.

I think Chicago should be separate from the rest of Illinois, kinda like D.C. is it's own entity.

They can just leave the rest of us "downstater's" alone!

Chills