Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Sunday Icore At Rio

JohnRodriguez

All I can say is I'm glad I'm shooting open class at the 2006 IRC. Rob was the overall match winner with a time of 76.76 and Vic was second with a time of 78.67. Vic was hitting his reload with just one bobble. Rob was a little slow on his reloads (2.4-2.5 range), but he was pulling the trigger like he wasn't even aiming, exept he rarely shot anything out of the x-ring.

The one other notable thing is that Rob was running some ammo that his super did not like, lots of keyholeling. This was mainly due to him using up all the good ammo he had on hand. Rob might look into seeing if his schedule is open for the Dust Devil, might be fun to see how he stands with Jerry with a 6 shot, but probably just some wishfull thinking.

Vic also has added a little Robbie doll to his mojo bottle.

Hopefully the results will be printed on the Rio website within the week.

J-Rod,

Kind words, thanks! I posted a thing on the other thread and will let all know how it turns out. It was fun today, and thanks for the sight. BTW I have the hammer you chopped up in my .38 special and have now done a couple like it this afternoon. didn't really need to but I wanted to cut something up! now I am going to have to learn how all the stuff UNDER the sideplate works. Oh well....

Later,

Rob

J-Rod,

Kind words, thanks! I posted a thing on the other thread and will let all know how it turns out. It was fun today, and thanks for the sight. BTW I have the hammer you chopped up in my .38 special and have now done a couple like it this afternoon. didn't really need to but I wanted to cut something up! now I am going to have to learn how all the stuff UNDER the sideplate works. Oh well....

Later,

Rob

It's damn cool when you see one of the icons of the sport as excited as a kid at Christmas about shooting. Isn't revitalized interest a blast? :)

Hey Dan

They were in this order

1, 21, 6, and 7

Rob, 20.26, 25.45, 18.01, 13.04

Vic, 20.47, 22.88, 20.23, 15.09

I was reading Robs latest post about him working on his hammers, so there is hope for us. He's bound to mess one up the day before a match. All we need to do is feed him bad info on what springs and how much to remove from them. Don't worry Rob I have my bag of spare parts, the parts are cheap, opening the bag and transportation fee are the killers.

Rumor has it that on his third try at the standards Rob got a "seven". This is from a certain individual who's name begins with VIC. :o In all seriousness, I am so glad to see Rob renewing his interest in revolver shooting. He has an "Outside the box" outlook that I'm sure will improve the sport :ph34r:

Hey John

There is hope, dude!!!!

J. Bagakis and I emailed Vic last week and got those classifiers from him so we could compare.

We ran them Sat at our club in Richmond, Ca

My times in this order:

1) 21.16

21) 16.23

6) 19.58

7) 14.17

= 71.14

This "IS" going to be the greatest Limited race ever....

Dan...

Edited by D.carden

Watch what you say to Cliff. He has added a new weapon to his arsenal. He is now an aclaimed author. His latest (first?) article appears in this addition of the ICORE's Cylinders Turn. I think Sweeney better watch out, there's a new sheriff in town.

Tom

I think I need to join ICORE just to get the magazine!

(A friend emailed me Bubber's latest "Redneck Column"......come to think of it, Dan was mentioned there too. Quite the media maven, isn't he?)

:)

carmoney... team deremal tool... lol

lynn

We had five new people join ICORE at our match last Sunday. Since it was a classification match it drew a few more people than normal. Looks like there is a lot more interest in revolver these days and I know a few of the auto shooters crossed over.

Carmoney come on and join us. I'm sure you'd have a great time at the IRC.

(A friend emailed me Bubber's latest "Redneck Column"......come to think of it, Dan was mentioned there too. Quite the media maven, isn't he?)

I saw it too....must not have an editor...or spell checker...or delete key... ;)

I saw it too....must not have an editor...or spell checker...or delete key... ;)

All Bubber has is crayons :)

Man, Mr. Leatham winning an ICORE match. Very cool B)

TGO, this is more of a technical question, but I am really curious what kind of grip you use. And by that I mean both what kind of grips on the gun and HOW you grip the gun (compared to a 1911).

What are the biggest differences to you between shooting a wheelgun and shooting a 1911/autoloader?

I've seen him write his name with a borrowed pencil, but he was using both hands. ;)

I've seen him write his name with a borrowed pencil, but he was using both hands. ;)

Somebody must have learned him. I only seed him make an X.

Am shure glad I cain't reed writin kaws you fellars wud hurt ma feelins. X (Insert smiley face with one tooth and a beer)

Am shure glad I cain't reed writin kaws you fellars wud hurt ma feelins. X (Insert smiley face with one tooth and a beer)

Bubber tells me "My Name is Earl" beez a dock u men tary. Bubbers dids ya git yur CEEDEE frum the IRSEE? Don't eats it!! U puts it in a masheen and it shows you pitures!!!

Edited by underlug

Watch what you say to Cliff. He has added a new weapon to his arsenal. He is now an aclaimed author. His latest (first?) article appears in this addition of the ICORE's Cylinders Turn. I think Sweeney better watch out, there's a new sheriff in town.

Tom

Thanks Tom,

My next work will be an autobiography: Beer, Bullets, and Babes; two out of three ain't bad......

TGO, this is more of a technical question, but I am really curious what kind of grip you use. And by that I mean both what kind of grips on the gun and HOW you grip the gun (compared to a 1911).

What are the biggest differences to you between shooting a wheelgun and shooting a 1911/autoloader?

Rob is using a Jerry Miculek grip at this time, at least on what he shot Sunday. :ph34r:

Rob is using a Jerry Miculek grip at this time, at least on what he shot Sunday. :ph34r:

Thanks! :)

Maybe I should finally change to a Miculek grip after all. It just feels too small for me though.