Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Nationals

hopalong

Add 1 Cheetah from Mi

I'll take first over Redmist10

It appears the later you log in the better place you come in.

No fair Cheetahs, you passed me a year ago. You cheat by practicing! :lol:

Hope to see you there. We're staying at the Holiday Inn (Hannibal, MO).

sounds good redmist10 are you bringing your brother-in-law???????

Looks like I'm sqeezing into the icehouse with the crew from Mi.

!st time at nat'ls I'll sleep in the tub!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it's your first time and hopefully it's not blazing hot (100+, not kidding <_< ) I'd opt for the Holiday Inn or something else in Hannibal if you can find it. The Ice House is great for a place to sleep or take a shower 10 minutes after you've baked all day in 100+ degree heat (like last year) but there is NOTHING in Barry in the way of food, etc. It's clean and cool and very close to the range but I'd not do it again just because you're going to drive to Hannibal for dinner anyway, might as well be 5 minutes from the hotel after dinner. The 20 min drive to the range in the morning gives that breakfast a chance to settle too...you'll be driving to Hannibal if you want a cooked meal in the morning too...that's 40 minutes to and from for nothing. Might as well have the room there too.

There is a Walmart in Hannibal if you forget to pack a coffee maker. :) You'll be better served to bring a cooler, snacks, breakfast (oatmeal, etc.) and cook it up in the room. That's what I did last year. Every night I'd run in and get a steak at the local steakhouse.

We'll have to hook up for dinner. I know a great place thanks to Flex and SA.

Marmot452 should be up to par by then. He had his hip replaced and is doing much better. I put all of us on my squad request form.

Edited by redmist10

Since it's your first time and hopefully it's not blazing hot (100+, not kidding <_< ) I'd opt for the Holiday Inn or something else in Hannibal if you can find it. The Ice House is great for a place to sleep or take a shower 10 minutes after you've baked all day in 100+ degree heat (like last year) but there is NOTHING in Barry in the way of food, etc. It's clean and cool and very close to the range but I'd not do it again just because you're going to drive to Hannibal for dinner anyway, might as well be 5 minutes from the hotel after dinner. The 20 min drive to the range in the morning gives that breakfast a chance to settle too...you'll be driving to Hannibal if you want a cooked meal in the morning too...that's 40 minutes to and from for nothing. Might as well have the room there too.

There is a Walmart in Hannibal if you forget to pack a coffee maker. :) You'll be better served to bring a cooler, snacks, breakfast (oatmeal, etc.) and cook it up in the room. That's what I did last year. Every night I'd run in and get a steak at the local steakhouse.

Marmot452 should be up to par by then. He had his hip replaced and is doing much better. I put all of us on my squad request form.

There is a little restaurant right in Barry for breakfast. Last year it was closed due to a funeral. :( The next option is Kinderhook. Maybe 5 minutes past the range from Barry. We ate there last year and the food was good. Some of the local bars have food in Barry. Their is a town past Barry that has a good steak joint, can't rememer the name. That was probably 20-30 minutes from Barry. I stay in Barry every year at the Ice House and I like it. Nice and clean, the owners are good people. Just depends on what kind of experience you are looking for. I come to shoot, not looking for anything fancy.

Tom

Thanks Redmist10 hope to hook up with you guys

Glad to hear matmot got those repairs done hope he is doing well

Is that hip work USPSA legal?????????

We better not see any exterior modifications to his equiptment,

If there is holes or machining work done to it he might want to put

rubys in the holes to make it a cosmetic improvement..

See you guys soon CAN'T WAIT!!!

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have an updated figure for the number of revos shooting this year? I thought it was somewhere in the 20's.

John!! Your very first post! Good to know you're tuned in. :D

We had 20 last year, and I have to believe we're well beyond that for '06....wonder who we could ask....hmmm.....

So I assume you're going?

(Nice job at Bud's big spring ICORE match, by the way. I was sorry Sam and I had to miss that one.)

Kim emailed me back and said there are currently 34 revolvers registered for the Nationals.

That's up 70% from last year!

What percentage growth is that from in the past when Revolver was a catagory instead of a division. You remember back when Jerry was the only revolver. :unsure: Would that be a 3400% increase in the last few years. :lol:

Does anyone have an updated figure for the number of revos shooting this year? I thought it was somewhere in the 20's.

John!! Your very first post! Good to know you're tuned in. :D

We had 20 last year, and I have to believe we're well beyond that for '06....wonder who we could ask....hmmm.....

So I assume you're going?

(Nice job at Bud's big spring ICORE match, by the way. I was sorry Sam and I had to miss that one.)

I'll be there. (It's my first time so......be gentle) :unsure:

Kim emailed me back and said there are currently 34 revolvers registered for the Nationals.

That's up 70% from last year!

This is gonna be sweet!!!

I can't wait!

I'll be there. (It's my first time so......be gentle) :unsure:

No gentleness, pal. I want payback for last year's Area 3! :)

(By the way, don't try to pull that tired old "I'm the new guy" routine around here....) ;)

34 is great. I know if we were with open and production we would have more. There are at least a few limited guys who would shoot the wheel if it was a different match. I know none of the dot sight high-cap pretty boys or the minor load plastic princes would have the hard cast 230's to shoot revo.

Yes I am drunk!

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE:

1 Hopalong... aka...Hilljack...aka...Porchpuppy. ;)....2 Cheetahs

3 Lefty 45............................................................ 4 Double Action

5 Barretone..........................................................6 Smithy 45

7 John Baqakis......................................................8 Bill Nesbitt

9 Slflr...................................................................10 R112 Mercer

11 El Conquistador.................................................12 Waltermitty

13 Tom Mainus......................................................14 Dennis

15 Carmoney II.....................................................16 Carmoney

17 Pat Sweeney.....................................................18 Jerry Miculek

19 Keith.................................................................20 Revoman

21 D. Carden...aka...Glockboy...aka...Danbagger :D..22 Aerosigns

23 Marmot 452........................................................24 Redmist10

25 Rudi (from what I hear).......................................26 Tom Kettells

27 Gary Catalan......................................................28 John Burkolder?

29 Elliot Eysen?.......................................................30 High Plains Drifter

Now according to Carmoney, Kim said there were 34 signed up......anybody know someone that is not listed that is coming? if so let me know and I'll edit to add.....

What about some of our Western Wheelgunners??? Bud Bond, Randy Lee, Vic Pickett, Lisa Farrell, Dillion, and others????

SAM

Edit to add #30

Edited by hopalong

Geez I wish I had a slot! :( Maybe next year. :D

Burn it down Sam, I'm counting on you :lol:

At least one of the shooters on the Revo squad last year showed up without a slot and got in anyway. I wouldn't want to make any false guarantees, but there were *several* folks that shot that way.

34, that's just awesome. :)

Too bad we couldn't figure a way to get all this revolver action on a DVD :blink: ....think of the promotion that would offer if someone got all this on tape. I bet even some of the auto guys would buy it just to see how the heck to shoot one in USPSA....O.K., that might be a stretch but you never know. B)

Pretty neat to think of the historical precedent we're setting this year. We have got to get a group photo if possible.

At least one of the shooters on the Revo squad last year showed up without a slot and got in anyway. I wouldn't want to make any false guarantees, but there were *several* folks that shot that way.

Have they every actually turned anybody away who showed up at Barry with ammo and entry money??

Have they every actually turned anybody away who showed up at Barry with ammo and entry money??

If there was, I don't know who it was.

Looks like that will be 3 revolver squads of around 11 or 12 shooters. B)

I don't know if USPSA will make any effort to put together a dedicated revolver super squad like they did last year. We might be spread throughout the crowd, which wouldn't be quite as fun, but might be a good thing for PR.

Sam C. and I are shooting the match on a student shoot-through pass, so he only has to miss one day of school. We'll be joining three different squads on Friday AM, Friday PM, and Sat. AM, shooting 6 stages with each squad. Should be fun! We hope at least one of those squads contains a bunch of our fellow wheelgunners, but who knows!

Looks like that will be 3 revolver squads of around 11 or 12 shooters. B)

I don't know if USPSA will make any effort to put together a dedicated revolver super squad like they did last year. We might be spread throughout the crowd, which wouldn't be quite as fun, but might be a good thing for PR.

Sam C. and I are shooting the match on a student shoot-through pass, so he only has to miss one day of school. We'll be joining three different squads on Friday AM, Friday PM, and Sat. AM, shooting 6 stages with each squad. Should be fun! We hope at least one of those squads contains a bunch of our fellow wheelgunners, but who knows!

Mike,

Hope we get to shoot a stage or two !

Hop,

Add me to the list I am one of those lurking members on the site Wish I had a wee bit more time in the day to post more...

Cheers,

Kevin