Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Nationals

hopalong

Well the shooting "Season" is just around the corner and the Nationals seem to be the finally timed for good weather and good timing for everyone to have gotten a good "year" of practice in.

So let's hear it, who plans on going to Barry in September for the USPSA Nationals.....Revolver Division?

I know Carmoney, Sweeney, myself have won slots, Jerry will be the returning Champion and gets an automatic slot.

With it being Limited and L-10 and Revo and no WORLD shoot maybe we can score some more slots and get a good turnout!!!!!

So let's hear it............

Carmoney

Sweeney

Keen

Miculek

More to come........The more the Merrier !!!!

HOP

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to do what I can to land a spot, with my Revo.

But that depends on my luck with getting a club spot, or the waiting list.

Perhaps those who have used the waiting list can provide some good tips on how the system works?

Jim

I was lucky enough to win an Area match and therefore a slot. I spoke with Kim and she said she'll get the paperwork out to me when they start setting up the slots (May, I believe). Unless something comes up I'll be there.

I was able to get a slot off the waiting list a few years back. Just have to be logged on the moment they start accepting applications. I doesn't hurt to get to know your Area Director and see if he can help out. The AD may know a club with an available slot or somebody who can't go, etc. When they start making noise about the slots coming up drop a line to your AD and see what he can do for you. Just make sure you're absolutely positively going to go, I'd be plenty PO'ed if I pulled strings for a window shopper.

When I got the slot off the waiting list I had to turn it back in. I got hired by my current employer that same year and therefore had no vacation time in the bank. I would have loved to go to the Nationals, but work comes first.

Guys, the waiting list thing is actually pretty easy. Sammy and I used it last year to sign up.....like Rob V. said, just make sure you are available and online right after midnight on the night when the wait list is activated, and you're in. It's easy.

Everybody will be talking about it here on the forum, just make sure it's on your calendar now and don't forget.

Should be the best Nationals for Revo in history! Don't miss out! :)

Mike

I have had some contact with the AD for our area about a slot. He said that last year he couldn't give it away.

That means, obviously, that since I really want it, everyone else will also. I am trying to do what I can to earn the slot, more than hoping for luck.

I have already scheduled my vacation for the week. So I am either going to shoot, or watch. Like I saw in another thread, seeing Jerry & Mike Carmoney at the same place will be like seeing giant pandas in the mist.

Jim

Like I saw in another thread, seeing Jerry & Mike Carmoney at the same place will be like seeing giant pandas in the mist.

Careful now.....I'm a little uncomfortable seeing those two names in the same sentence.....

There's Jerry. And then there's all the rest of us.

(Now if you want to set up some bowling pins, that's another story! In that game I truly can run with the giant pandas. Unfortunately, pin-shooting is a lot like the panda.....nearly extinct.)

Edited by Carmoney

:wacko: However, I'm not good enough.

Walt, I don't want to be argumentative, but the above statement is JUST NOT TRUE!! :)

The Revo Nationals is not just for the top shooters. It's also for kids and old farts and everybody in between. Plus, there's a lot of time between now and Nationals to get better. If you want an example, check out the USPSA major match results for the 2005 Florida Open--I felt pretty good about my performance down there--I pretty much shot to my level of capability at the time. But my game definitely improved a lot over the course of the shooting season last year, and yours will do the same in '06!

In the last few years the overall winners of each division in the MN points race won a slot to nationals. Still waiting to hear if that's the case again this year. If so, I will for sure be there. If not, waiting list here I come. <_<

Well the shooting "Season" is just around the corner and the Nationals seem to be the finally timed for good weather and good timing for everyone to have gotten a good "year" of practice in.

So let's hear it, who plans on going to Barry in September for the USPSA Nationals.....Revolver Division?

I know Carmoney, Sweeney, myself have won slots, Jerry will be the returning Champion and gets an automatic slot.

With it being Limited and L-10 and Revo and no WORLD shoot maybe we can score some more slots and get a good turnout!!!!!

So let's hear it............

Carmoney

Sweeney

Keen

Miculek

More to come........The more the Merrier !!!!

HOP

I am going to try and get in on the waiting list!

If I can finagle a slot from one of the clubs I belong to or the waiting list, I am there. Waiting for my new masterpiece from Mr. Lee as well. I wonder how many Lee guns there will be at this years nationals.

Tom.

I was hoping to have my Randy Lee gun by the time I left for the Florida Open next Wednesday but it's not in the cards.

Man, this is going to be a GREAT year for revolver at Nats!

Let the revolver renaissance roll!

IM[not so]HO, they ought to waive the slot count requirements for Revo division up to 60 shooters (3 full super squads) to give this divison a boost.

After all, everybody knows Revo squads shoot through faster than bottom feeders. :lol:

IM[not so]HO, they ought to waive the slot count requirements for Revo division up to 60 shooters (3 full super squads) to give this divison a boost.

After all, everybody knows Revo squads shoot through faster than bottom feeders. :lol:

That's because we all shoot the course of fire the same, except for Rudy :P !

That's because we all shoot the course of fire the same, except for Rudy :P !

I always thought it was because we LAMR in a fraction of the time and we ALL (including Rudy, Jerry, et al) reset the stages faster than your typical squad of "contenders". ;)