Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So here's the story up till now.

My grandparents, his business partner, My parents and some family friends moved to 50 acres of country land in central FL back in the 80s. We have always ridden dirt bikes, shot guns etc on the property.

So a few years back one of the friends moved and put the house up for sale. A mid aged couple bought it. All is well, right? NO. These city people move out here in our secluded neighborhood and decide to build a farm(on 5 acres..why!?). All was fine for quite some time, but since then the guy has completely gone off the deep end.

So far he has called the police FIVE TIMES on the neighbor behind our property, for playing music too loud, and shooting. Not late at night, but the middle of the day! He has sent code enforcement out on my parents claiming that our fairly well behaved dogs are running loose, barking and terrorizing the area. The dogs are in a fenced area during the day, and in crates at night, and don't even bark save the occasional squirrel running by. He called and had an inspector check the track we ride on, saying we were holding public races out there. We have total of 4 bikes, and those are the only that ever are ridden out there. He has complained again and again about us shooting out on the far end of our property. He tried numerous times to keep my uncle from building a house ON OUR PROPERTY... They bought another(nice looking wooded) lot off another landowner, clear cut it and just left it to look ugly. the This goes on and on. Its literally one stupid event after another.

Not to mention that the guy is supposed to be on disability, but works constantly with horses, which anyone who has been around horse work knows, is just a LITTLE bit strenuous. its total BS.

The last time the inspector came out and found nothing wrong, we contacted him. He said that we should file a harrasment suit against them, so that is the course we are heading as of now. It is dissapointing that some people can not live in the real world.

So, what would you do?

I have the same crap here in Vegas. My neighbor is a wacko! ( that is the professional term!) She has a recorded cassette of dogs barking that she plays. Evidently she poisoned my neighbors dog. I'm taking reservations for my marshmellow roast if my Brown dogs get sick! :angry: We just ignore her eventually she will make a mistake and get some " Carbon Justice"

Ivan

It is legal to shoot on your property right? Cops can't do anything when they go out there right? If that is so, well, invite every IPSC shooter you know to come by and do some shooting everyday just to drive the guy nuts.

When you go riding, confine all the riding right next to the guy's window.

Edited by Scooter

Hire a PI and find out who is insurance company is that's paying the DI claim. Let them know he's committing fraud. That'll get him jail a long time and out of your hair permanently.... ;)

And, yeah, I know about horse work... sheesh, do I know....

Havent you always wanted to Farm? Well got the perfect animal to raise right on the property line close to his house. A Hog Farm. As bad as they stink here in Ky in the summer down in Florida it has to be allot worse with the heat. I know this trick worked once here in KY. If you land is zoned AG then they cant do a thing to you.

I would try to talk to the guy first and then suggest what you are considering if it doesnt work then follow through.

If your property borders his, put up random pieces of privacy fence and paint the side facing his property some obnoxious color and DARE him to try and come on your land.

Go so far as to buy a motion detector hunting camera to catch him.

Shoot LOTS!

Put signs in your yard that read "my neighbor's an idiot" thats freedom of speech and your not claiming which neighbor but guilt will point the finger toward himself.

Shoot LOTS of groundhogs, cut the belly open and lay them on YOUR property but close to his so that he can smell the ROT. They are varmints and not regulated on hunting.

Get your buddies to join you in setting up lawnchairs and just sit on the edge of your property watching his house. Call it the "Neighborhood Watch program".

You might also talk to a lawyer and ask if what he is doing to you is considered harrassment.

Maybe you can force him to move.

Havent you always wanted to Farm? Well got the perfect animal to raise right on the property line close to his house. A Hog Farm. As bad as they stink here in Ky in the summer down in Florida it has to be allot worse with the heat. I know this trick worked once here in KY. If you land is zoned AG then they cant do a thing to you.

I would try to talk to the guy first and then suggest what you are considering if it doesnt work then follow through.

I know a guy who did that for real, to top it off he added huge "cooling fans" directed right across the property line. And to top it off his name is Earl. 3 months later, the dispute was settled.

One of my first job offers I got out of the Chair Force was to work for a "research consulting group". What they really did was do surveillance on people scamming the disability and workman's comp insurance companies. Well, sitting in a minivan w/ tinted windows in the middle of a St. Louis summer didn't sound like a fun job, so I passed.

But I be willing to bet that a video you shoot of him working w/ the horses, etc would be just the leverage you need to get him to stop harassing you.

If you guys were making all that racket before they moved in, then it's his fault for not scoping out the area well enough before hand. Kinda of the same argument for people who knowingly move or build houses next to gun ranges. Duh!

I saw a movie recently where I a supermodel turned actress, Trish Goff, was harassed by her upstairs neighbor played by Ally Sheedy. Trish took an ad out with the other lady's phone number for certain services. You know the kinda ads I'm talking about, the one's right next to the 1-900 numbers.

Not that I'm advocating this but some people still have cordless house phones that operate in the 900 Mhz range. The right kinda scanner can pick up those signals, for say intell gathering purposes.

Just my 2 pennies.

Edited by Chills1994

I saw a movie recently where I a supermodel turned actress, Trish Goff, was harassed by her upstairs neighbor played by Ally Sheedy. Trish took an ad out with the other lady's phone number for certain services. You know the kinda ads I'm talking about, the one's right next to the 1-900 numbers.

One time a guy in Nebraska who was sending out Spam used my email address as the return address. Every undeliverable email was returned to me. It caused allot of time deleting them all. I had the police go to his house and confront him. That didnt work. The spams had an advertisement at the bottom with his number. I did a reverse lookup and then searched for other numbers. Found all 3 numbers he had to his house. I left a message that I would do a spam myself with his 3 phone numbers with the header "Free phone sex because I like it" guess what the spams with my email address stopped. He knew what 1 million spams that I could buy for 50.00 would do to his phones.

One time a guy in Nebraska who was sending out Spam used my email address as the return address. Every undeliverable email was returned to me. It caused allot of time deleting them all. I had the police go to his house and confront him. That didnt work. The spams had an advertisement at the bottom with his number. I did a reverse lookup and then searched for other numbers. Found all 3 numbers he had to his house. I left a message that I would do a spam myself with his 3 phone numbers with the header "Free phone sex because I like it" guess what the spams with my email address stopped. He knew what 1 million spams that I could buy for 50.00 would do to his phones.

:lol: I had a boss one time that was a real Pr&%k and I took out an add in the paper giving away his dog and listed his number. That REALLY annoyed him but he never figured out who did it.

I like the one from E-Ring

Make up a few spare sets of keys, doesn't matter what for, preferably car keys (not yours)

Place a tag on each set which reads "If thse keys are found, please return to (neighbours address) $1000 reward"

Leave said sets of keys around town, seedy areas are prefered, see what happens...

Make up a few spare sets of keys, doesn't matter what for, preferably car keys (not yours)

Place a tag on each set which reads "If thse keys are found, please return to (neighbours address) $1000 reward"

Leave said sets of keys around town, seedy areas are prefered, see what happens...

Oooohhhhh Yea. quite a good start with the ideas.. :D

Oooohhhhh Yea. quite a good start with the ideas.. :D

It's quite possible that we may come up with enough to comprise Vol. III of Dirty Tricks.

:ph34r:

dj

I'd say have his insurance look into the fraud. Thats the simplest, honest, and non-harassing option. Most states have a hotline to which you can report insurance fraud, you dont have to hunt down the company yourself.

Gee, and I was going to suggest that you make an appointment with the PD and Inspectors office to talk things over. And rat him out to the insurance fraud hotline. I feel like such a wimp, for not suggesting things like a cash-paid advert for a Big Yard Sale, work afternoons so arrive at 6AM, or other such suggestions.

I knew someone in high school that played a trick on his best friend. Took an ad out in the classified (most of the time its free) for his friends truck that he was not selling. The ad was just believable enough and was just a good enough deal that he got calls for a month. Then when they died down he placed the ad again, with a slightly lower $ amount. :lol:

I know a guy who had his phone number put on a mens restroom wall. His family life suffered. He finally talked to one of the callers and persuaded him to tell where he got the number. He never did figure out which one of his friends enjoyed causing him marital stress but if I ever do, payback is hell. :angry: