Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oh how great it would be if we could see the Carry Optics battle.....

28 minutes ago, euxx said:

Oddly, Eric only won 1 stage out of 14 and he still leading about 20 points (taking into account his average points lost for the completed stages).

The day 3 score are going to be interesting to watch...

image.thumb.png.28fe97cf3c2291281a48da402639ac17.png

That’s one thing grauffel is known for and speaks about in his classes.    You don’t have to win every stage.  You just have to stay in that 90-95 percentile range for most stages.   The dude is a HF mathematician.  He definitely knows his way around a major match.  

Edited by OpenshooterMclass4lyfe
Clarification

1 hour ago, Blackstone45 said:

Shooting USA have done something like this before, but it's all edited together and published after the match is over. And only to their subscribers.

PS. looks like Grauffel is leading at the end of Day 2. he really just doesn't shoot Deltas, I think he's said that a Delta is like a miss to him.

If I recall correctly he says a delta is just a lucky Mike lol.     I’ve been looking forward for him to come and shoot a uspsa national match for quite some time.  My predictions are spot on coming into day two.  I’m very curious to see how it will pan out come tomorrow. 

Max Leograndis just posted a video on Instagram about how the Practiscore competitor app calculates the 'max points available', I think I understand it, but the gist of it seems to be that it's a flawed implementation

There are some assumptions in that vide that are plain wrong. The thing is - any predictions are flawed, simply because people are not robots.

The absolute points been making assumption that one gould shoot all incomplete stages at 100%. That is obviously never happen for most and not always happen for the top competitors.

The APL is correcting that, by adjusting incomplete available points using average points lost on complete stages. It gives a close to a lower ballpark estimate.

1 hour ago, Rich406 said:

It’s gonna be a real shocker to American shooters if the euros take the top 3 spots. 

But have the euros shot the same stages as the Americans? Can make a lot difference if the euros has shot higher point value stages. But them winning , especially Eric, wouldn't be a shocker either 

Just now, RJH said:

But have the euros shot the same stages as the Americans? Can make a lot difference if the euros has shot higher point value stages. But them winning , especially Eric, wouldn't be a shocker either 

Pretty much everyone in the top 10 is on the same schedule. 

13 minutes ago, RJH said:

Don't think I saw it at this extreme before. Pretty much all top contenders are on the same pm/am/pm schedule.

That what pretty much made day 1 estimates way off as the low performers been driving numbers on the opposite stages without overlapping with the top performers.

I was always taught a Delta was a "courtesy mike". And that being 3rd place every stage is better than the swings from 1st through 6th. A strategy to win by not screwing up, versus trying to kill it.

3 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

Looks like the top 3 will indeed be non-US shooters

For some reason practiscore not wanting to load for me. Which American is going to get that really nice fourth place trophy? 🤣🤣

50 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I guess Eric G still hasn't lost a step.  I wonder how old he is now??

44 I believe. I think he has only lost a single match since turning 18.

21 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

44 I believe. I think he has only lost a single match since turning 18.

Pretty sure vogel beat him at a pro am. And for some reason I am thinking max m beat him at a major. 

Hard to fathom how dominant he is though 

37 minutes ago, RJH said:

Pretty sure vogel beat him at a pro am. And for some reason I am thinking max m beat him at a major. 

Hard to fathom how dominant he is though 

Didn’t Ben beat him as well. Regardless I think Eric is a nine time world champ. 

14 minutes ago, Twilk73 said:

Didn’t Ben beat him as well. Regardless I think Eric is a nine time world champ. 

I don't think ben ever beat him, he was just the closest production shooter at the time 

I love that Eric made it into a family affair that brings him closer to his son rather than farther from his family. 

That’s the best part of the story for me as a father. 

Max beat him at the Florida Open.

My statement on his record relates to IPSC/USPSA.

I think he once beat Max at the European Championship in 2001 by about 15%

And I think he won the 1999 World Shoot by 120 points 

7 hours ago, RJH said:

I don't think ben ever beat him, he was just the closest production shooter at the time 

yeah the year Ben won the WS, Grauffel was shooting a different division

Posted (edited)

It was great to get constant updates in the Hit Factor Podcast discord ánd on top of that the Casual Shooter Podcast went live on Instagram together with Brian (Hunters HD Gold) for the last stage of the Super Squad with Christian, Jay and Jacob, so I got to actually witness it all play out, as it was still anybody's game at that last stage! (well... for the Americans it was still anybody's game... )

I think it's awesome that Jay Beal did so well! Freaking 2nd place!.  Such a likable, down to earth guy. I think many were rooting for him, including me.  ( by the way, Jacob seems just as likable and down to earth...  😁 )

Edited by WFargo