Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rmr bullet?

Atlas33

Have been considering getting a batch.  Anyone recommend them?  Would prefer precision delta but they’re just so hard to come by right now. 

21 minutes ago, herky said:

Good service, good products, good price, quick shipping, accurate in all my 9mms.

2X^^ like the match winners, nice clean holes. 

I've shot a ton of their 124 Match Winners and they are good.  But I've found a source for 125 HAPs for the same price.  Much cleaner on the comp and extremely accurate.  Shot a 1" group at 25 yards today in an uncomfortable position.

2 hours ago, herky said:

Good service, good products, good price, quick shipping, accurate in all my 9mms.

I agree.

There may be other vendors who supply equivalent service and performance that I am not familiar with.

However if they did they would be pretty special.

13 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

Are you asking about the 124 grn. TC Match Winner?

Honestly, whatever their equivalent to the PD V2 JHP would be. 

12 hours ago, oddjob said:

The 124 match winners are pretty accurate.  They have a 7% discount for seconds going on right now.

Hey I appreciate that!  

12 hours ago, herky said:

This goes a long ways in my book.  Thank you. 

11 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I've shot a ton of their 124 Match Winners and they are good.  But I've found a source for 125 HAPs for the same price.  Much cleaner on the comp and extremely accurate.  Shot a 1" group at 25 yards today in an uncomfortable position.

Yeah I’m trying to stick to JHP in my Akai 

4 hours ago, Atlas33 said:

Yeah I’m trying to stick to JHP in my Akai 

The RMR Nuke would be their JHP. I think the nose is a bit fatter so you may have to seat them deeper. I’ve shot them and they’re as accurate as the MW. 

9 minutes ago, Farmer said:

The RMR Nuke would be their JHP. I think the nose is a bit fatter so you may have to seat them deeper. I’ve shot them and they’re as accurate as the MW. 

I appreciate the heads up on the depth.  

21 minutes ago, Atlas33 said:

I appreciate the heads up on the depth.  

Don’t know if this will help but in my XDM the RMR 124 MW is touching the lands @ 1.107 and the JHP Nuke is at 1.080.

Good to know ahead of time in case I try a sample batch.  I’ll be running them out of my 2011 so I’ll see what she wants them to be. 

Will let you know soon.  Just received 2000 9mm, 135 Gr Match Winners.  Thought I would try the 135 and see if I can get the best of 124 and 147.  Not holding my breath on that one, but did like the 135 Blue Bullets.

They are good to go.  I use both RMR's and PD's and consider both to be top notch.  Edge to PD for anything with a comp since they have no exposed lead on the base.  Edge to RMR for having weights that I prefer, like 135gr.  RMR also has frequent sales, 2nds, etc.  Both are great companies, so just decide what your needs are and go with the one that best meets them.

RMR nukes are good to go.  Been using them for my comped guns as it does not have any exposed lead in the base.   If you are not worried about the lead buildup, their Match Winnners are great (a little cheaper than the Nukes). 

On 4/8/2024 at 8:02 AM, fbzero said:

They are good to go.  I use both RMR's and PD's and consider both to be top notch.  Edge to PD for anything with a comp since they have no exposed lead on the base.  Edge to RMR for having weights that I prefer, like 135gr.  RMR also has frequent sales, 2nds, etc.  Both are great companies, so just decide what your needs are and go with the one that best meets them.

I appreciate that.  I would lean towards the nukes as I am shooting an open Gunn. I just got a sample batch of PD that I’m going to test and see how it all goes.  It’s good to have a couple sources of bullets.  

On 4/8/2024 at 9:42 AM, rayw1128 said:

RMR nukes are good to go.  Been using them for my comped guns as it does not have any exposed lead in the base.   If you are not worried about the lead buildup, their Match Winnners are great (a little cheaper than the Nukes). 

I’ll be sticking with the Nukes as well.  I’m running an open gun so buildup is always something I try to avoid.  

2 hours ago, Atlas33 said:

I appreciate that.  I would lean towards the nukes as I am shooting an open Gunn. I just got a sample batch of PD that I’m going to test and see how it all goes.  It’s good to have a couple sources of bullets.  

100% a good idea to have multiple sources of the materials you need.

As I said, both companies are great, but if open pistols are why you are going with the Nuke, then the PD JHPv1 and JHPv2 offer the base with no lead exposed at a cheaper price(about 1.5c cheaper per round based on buying 1 case/3K).  The Nuke, while excellent, is really geared more towards self-defense and you are paying extra for that functionality in a context that doesn't really require it.  The Nuke is great for what it is though, and also a great option for someone that wants to stockpile a single projectile for multiple functions.

On an other note, 99% sure USPS has lost my most recent shipment of 135gr RMR MatchWinners =/

Edited by fbzero

3 minutes ago, fbzero said:

100% a good idea to have multiple sources of the materials you need.

As I said, both companies are great, but if open pistols are why you are going with the Nuke, then the PD JHPv1 and JHPv2 offer the base with no lead exposed at a cheaper price(about 1.5c cheaper per round based on buying 1 case/3K).  The Nuke, while excellent, is really geared more towards self-defense and you are paying extra for that functionality in a context that doesn't really require it.  The Nuke is great for what it is though, and also a great option for someone that wants to stockpile a single projectile for multiple functions.

On an other note, 99% sure USPS has lost my most recent shipment of 135gr RMR MatchWinners =/

So I definitely lean towards PD but they’re a little hard to come by right now, which is why I’m trying to find other solid options that are both affordable and perform.  That being said, USPS just lost a sample pack of PD that I ordered.  Took them two weeks just to tell me that PD never shipped them.  I have been in contact with Pd the whole time and Lisa assured me they did.  PD has great customer service and made it right.