Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Servicio aventuras primers

Has anyone had much luck with these primers. I've searched previous  posts but looking for info on how everyone likes them and how they are seating them with a dillon 750. More or less seeing how they feed on a dillon 750  They are priced good . Primers just dont seem to be moving on price. Any info would be greatly appreciated . Tia

Edited by Peterbilt32

I purchased them about a month ago.  Loaded them on a Frankford Arsenal X-10.  Loading went well, feeds down the tube and seated with no issues.  

Only issue I ran into is that my striker fired handguns (Sig 365 and Glock 17, both with stoke triggers) have occasional problems setting them off.  Maybe 1 in 20 rounds won't fire on the first strike.  No issues with my hammer fired handgun or PCC.  

1 hour ago, Peterbilt32 said:

Has anyone had much luck with these primers.

I've loaded 10K of these and will not buy them again. The most non-fire (a round 1-2 per 1000) I have ever had no matter how deep or what gun I use. Just not reliable enough for competition and very annoying in practice.

I bought 10K last year from a guy getting out of USPSA and I have shot 400 so far without a problem.  The person I bought them from said he had no problems either.  They do seen to leak their compound a little.  Have not seen that with other primers, but still going bang.  

I’ve only gotten through 200 so far but all worked well in all my guns, strikers and revolvers. Some people seem to have better luck than others. 

I bought 5k to mess around with since they were so cheap. They'll be relegated to being used in guns that aren't sensitive to primer hardness, like my 38spl lever gun and PCC.

I've shot just under 1k of them now, with one true dud as @Hesedtech mentioned. I thought it was just a light strike, tried to set it off multiple times and it wouldn't go at all. Otherwise, it was fine. Not fantastic in my Shadow 2 in terms of light strikes (would go off on a subsequent DA strike), went just fine in my stock Glock and aforementioned lever gun and PCC.

Seems acceptable for practice in guns that aren't finicky with primer hardness.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:52 AM, rayw1128 said:

I purchased them about a month ago.  Loaded them on a Frankford Arsenal X-10.  Loading went well, feeds down the tube and seated with no issues.  

Only issue I ran into is that my striker fired handguns (Sig 365 and Glock 17, both with stoke triggers) have occasional problems setting them off.  Maybe 1 in 20 rounds won't fire on the first strike.  No issues with my hammer fired handgun or PCC.  

That's been my exact experience with those same striker fired guns. Sometimes they go off on the 2nd try, sometimes on the 3rd try, sometimes not at all! Thank goodness I've kept the loaded rounds seperate from my other primer loaded ammo. These are now only used in practice, and can't wait to get rid of them.

I ran through 10,000 of these a few years ago. Mine came in a green and yellow box. They ran fine in hammer fired pistols, and eventually ran well in my striker fired guns after I installed fresh striker springs. A friend of mine got some recently that came in a different colored box, I think it was blue, and has had nothing but trouble with them. He sold them at a loss with the recommendation that they be used only for pistol caliber carbine, where they worked well.

Edited by fencer1960

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...