Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507comp

chase214

I was wandering if there has been any problems with the durability,  im contemplating shaping out a few of my DDP with the 507comp but figured I'd post here before I bought acouple

38 minutes ago, chase214 said:

I was wandering if there has been any problems with the durability,  im contemplating shaping out a few of my DDP with the 507comp but figured I'd post here before I bought acouple

I have 6; my second one lost zero twice so I’m RMAing it.

its on my PCC, my .22 for steel challenge, and lives on my 4 pistols for USPSA lol

The only thing I didn't really like was the thing it excelled at. The dot with the 8 MOA ring was too clean and clear that it was distracting. I'm used to 6 moa dots and didn't think 8 was going to be a big deal and I was noticeably slower. I tried it for about 6 months and couldn't really get the hang of it. Using the Swampfox Justice 2, 6 moa, and I'm faster with it. The optic is great and the 2 MOA dot is good for zeroing. It was just not for me.

1 hour ago, darthdively said:

The only thing I didn't really like was the thing it excelled at. The dot with the 8 MOA ring was too clean and clear that it was distracting. I'm used to 6 moa dots and didn't think 8 was going to be a big deal and I was noticeably slower. I tried it for about 6 months and couldn't really get the hang of it. Using the Swampfox Justice 2, 6 moa, and I'm faster with it. The optic is great and the 2 MOA dot is good for zeroing. It was just not for me.

I got my hands on one the other day and thought it was pretty crisp , I didn't think I would like the green dot but damn to me it's easier to pic up

I broke my first one instantly during the first range session while zeroing. RMAed and they sent me a brand new one, and the zero shifted on me in under 500 rounds on my P-10F. I'll probably RMA it or put it on a steel challenge gun, but I'm not buying any new ones going forward.

The new Vortex dot looks good to me.

20 hours ago, VeilAndrew said:

I broke my first one instantly during the first range session while zeroing. RMAed and they sent me a brand new one, and the zero shifted on me in under 500 rounds on my P-10F. I'll probably RMA it or put it on a steel challenge gun, but I'm not buying any new ones going forward.

The new Vortex dot looks good to me.

What is the vortex dot

3 hours ago, chase214 said:

What is the vortex dot

Vortex Defender-ST. Lots of social media shilling over it, but they've reportedly solved the refresh rate issues on the older Vortex Defender CCW. Window size is a little smaller than SRO/507Comp.

I've got 3500 rounds on my 507Comp since I put it on in October.  It's great.  We're saturating CO, LO, and Open guns with the 507Comp in Oklahoma.

4 hours ago, Dr Mitch said:

I've got 3500 rounds on my 507Comp since I put it on in October.  It's great.  We're saturating CO, LO, and Open guns with the 507Comp in Oklahoma.

Yes sir Dr. Mitch Dr. 
I have one on the way as well. 

14 hours ago, asierra350 said:

Where are you finding matches to shoot in Oklahoma?

Okc gun club has USPSA first Saturday of the month and steel challenge is 3rd Saturday of the month. 
They also do a GSSF “practice” match on the 2nd Saturday where they allow you to use any gun, not just Glocks. 
USSA in Tulsa does USPSA and steel challenge as well I think it’s 4th Saturday for USPSA and 1st Saturday for steel challenge. It’s been a while since I’ve been to that one. 

I run them on my open shotguns and offset on my rifles. They can take a beating and hold up way better than some others I've had.

39 minutes ago, donno said:

I run them on my open shotguns and offset on my rifles. They can take a beating and hold up way better than some others I've had.

Nice! 

6 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

Okc gun club has USPSA first Saturday of the month and steel challenge is 3rd Saturday of the month. 
They also do a GSSF “practice” match on the 2nd Saturday where they allow you to use any gun, not just Glocks. 
USSA in Tulsa does USPSA and steel challenge as well I think it’s 4th Saturday for USPSA and 1st Saturday for steel challenge. It’s been a while since I’ve been to that one. 

USSA stopped having shooting matches there last month, USPSA moved to Oil Capital 2nd Sunday, I was hoping to find some more options on the eastern side of the state

34 minutes ago, asierra350 said:

USSA stopped having shooting matches there last month, USPSA moved to Oil Capital 2nd Sunday, I was hoping to find some more options on the eastern side of the state

Well that sucks. Chad ran some good matches out there. 
I know it’s a bit of a drive, but check out OKCGC in Arcadia or Old Fort in Van Buren Arkansas 

Have not tried the 507 Comp but I did recently get a FTP Alpha 3 and I’m really liking it so far. I’m a big fan of the Alpha 3’s reticle size options and brightness settings. Listed battery life isn’t close to the Holosun’s but they appear to have similar  glass size & shape and cost about the same

6 hours ago, ALL_comped_EVERYTHING said:

Have not tried the 507 Comp but I did recently get a FTP Alpha 3 and I’m really liking it so far. I’m a big fan of the Alpha 3’s reticle size options and brightness settings. Listed battery life isn’t close to the Holosun’s but they appear to have similar  glass size & shape and cost about the same

I’m using both the FTP and the 507 comp. So far so good. 

10 hours ago, Matt1911 said:

Well that sucks. Chad ran some good matches out there. 
I know it’s a bit of a drive, but check out OKCGC in Arcadia or Old Fort in Van Buren Arkansas 

I believe Chad will still be involved in setting up and running them at Oil Capital, I’m missing the initial one but looking forward to trying them.  I need to try the others u mentioned