Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holsters.

Joe4d

Time to revisit holsters. Was kinda surprised at the lack of them.
I have a dropped and offset bladetech for my 686 pro series. Works as well as anything. Also have old school service style thumb break Bianchi.
But for ICORE, maybe USPSA. OPtic mount for a 4" 627 and 617..  What are folks using ? I like the old school leather style, and I prefer a bit muzzle forward.. Just doesnt seem like much out there.
I got 2 Speedbeeze plastic rigs and not very impressed. They also required pretty extensive modification to get an optic to work, despite the false claim on the websight.

3 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Might have to go to a race holster.  Daa, ced, Guga ribas.

or moonclip a schofield and run a western hollywood rig.... I'll still lose but can look cool doing it.

I make a race holster that fits all S&W revos from 4" to 8-3/8". You can see it at the next ICORE match. This holster can work for right or left hand.

Edited by Toolguy

I feel your pain Joe, add to the mix I'm a southpaw and things really get sporty.

My original K frame M14 Glenn Custom sits in a Safariland Cup holster which I'm fine with. 

Last year I snagged a deal on a PC 627, needed it like a hole in the head,  but wanted to see what an 8 shooter was about. 

Tried to scrounge up another Safariland holster for it, figuring that was the platform and feel I was accustomed to, no luck there.  Ended up with the CompTac 5", same as SpeedBeez. It's ok, but not worth the price of admission to my mind?

Not fond of the new revolver retention devices erroneously called holsters I see at some matches,  so I reckon I'm stuck with what I have?

29 minutes ago, Vic said:

I feel your pain Joe, add to the mix I'm a southpaw and things really get sporty.

My original K frame M14 Glenn Custom sits in a Safariland Cup holster which I'm fine with. 

Last year I snagged a deal on a PC 627, needed it like a hole in the head,  but wanted to see what an 8 shooter was about. 

Tried to scrounge up another Safariland holster for it, figuring that was the platform and feel I was accustomed to, no luck there.  Ended up with the CompTac 5", same as SpeedBeez. It's ok, but not worth the price of admission to my mind?

Not fond of the new revolver retention devices erroneously called holsters I see at some matches,  so I reckon I'm stuck with what I have?

, yeh speedbeeze is plastic junk, not like my older Bladetech.. although from what I have seen they arnt much better. Been out of game for about 10 years, and was surprised safariland has pretty much dropped anything competition related. 
Might see if Ted Blocker is still making stuff.

I'm a bit old school, and have found some leather holsters from a shop in Germany.

For N frame S&W, this might work: https://www.sportshooter.de/en/sickinger_range_master_revolver-0591.html?cfg_region=29&cfg_sprache=EN

- select Schwartz (black), S&W 4 Zoll N-Rahmen (4" N frame) and Rechtshänder (right handed) - they seem to have a couple of those in stock.

I have that model for a 1911, and it has been working fine. It has a couple of possible barrel angles.

I have the PWL for my Ruger GP100. Works great. There is a screw for tension around the cylinder, so the K frame would probably work. The angle is not adjustable but I'm quite comfortable with it.

I see the L frame version of the Sickinger Range Master is also in stock.

Edited by perttime

16 hours ago, Joe4d said:

or moonclip a schofield and run a western hollywood rig.... I'll still lose but can look cool doing it.

I had video of him shooting but its missing from phone somehow, apparently the last evidence of mr demarchi shooting icore with a break actio and speed loaders is lost...

Action shot though...

FB_IMG_1707224628430.jpg

Saw at Speed shooters they have a few rescomps for revolvers.  I have one for my 6" limited gun from back in day.. Does this come with different size barrel studs ? I didnt see any assessories listed.. basically can I get a .22 stud to use with my 617 ?
ALthough... to be pedantic, I dotn think I need a holster for ICORE... rules are a bit contradictory.. figured I would just make things easier and get one though when the division went live last ? 2 years ago ?

42 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Saw at Speed shooters they have a few rescomps for revolvers.  I have one for my 6" limited gun from back in day.. Does this come with different size barrel studs ? I didnt see any assessories listed.. basically can I get a .22 stud to use with my 617 ?
ALthough... to be pedantic, I dotn think I need a holster for ICORE... rules are a bit contradictory.. figured I would just make things easier and get one though when the division went live last ? 2 years ago ?

You are correct you don't need a holster for Rimfire.  The problem is the reloads on a field course, need some way to carry them.

3 hours ago, pskys2 said:

You are correct you don't need a holster for Rimfire.  The problem is the reloads on a field course, need some way to carry them.

yep , pretty much what you told me on first match,, wasnt really hard to put together a rig.. Speed loader holders are kinda brand specific. 

yeh Thats what I started looking for, only to see safariland pretty much stopped competition suitable rigs all together.
Speed beeze speedloader holders work fine for the 617,,,, you just have to adjust them for what ever brand of speed loader you are using.. Stating out I bought 1ea of three different brands... so was a bit of a pain at first.  Will shoot an email to (Chuck IIRC) at speed shooters about the rescomp.

10 hours ago, mchapman said:

This works with my GP100 10 shot and my 617.  Have to use specific speed loaders but the holster and speed loader holders work well for both. safariland 02 and Johnson precision on holders.

22-1.jpg

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Where did you purchase the holster?

In my opinion these are better than speedbeezs they are from DS-10, Dave S. you could get them from revolver supply the springs are way better on these and not as ammo brand sensitive. And I've had the holster for years.

• 4 weeks later...