Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zeta6 SafeSnap Dry Fire Disc

Tampa-XD45

i made a couple dummy moons with no powder or primer and filled the primer pocket with hot glue to hopefully prevent premature firing pin damage. works pretty well for any dry fire including a reload.... which with revo is pretty much all of it right?

4 minutes ago, DavidSeavey said:

i made a couple dummy moons with no powder or primer and filled the primer pocket with hot glue to hopefully prevent premature firing pin damage. works pretty well for any dry fire including a reload.... which with revo is pretty much all of it right?

Can also use silicone sealant.

6 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Can also use silicone sealant.

Polyurethane windshield sealant holds up really well too. If you know someone at a body shop a little dab will do ya. 😁

22 hours ago, Tampa-XD45 said:

Interesting idea for $8.95:  https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2024/01/31/shot-2024-zeta6-rolls-safesnap-dry-fire-training-discs/

Looks like it's only made for 5 & 6 shot snubbies.

image.thumb.png.fca294553b9fe67b15aea914c4b91cbb.png

I got one with a 586 L Comp which is seven shots.  Could even have been a 627-5 too.  Was blue but I think it was only a disk and to show nothing was in the cylinder.  One of these would do a good job of showing no live were in the revolver as well.  To me, a visual indicator of a safe revolver is a good thing.  Being able to dry fire with it is an added benefit.

Until you want to practice reloading!

GG

Or, you can put a small rubber O ring around the back of the firing pin. The hammer hits the O ring and saves all the wear on the firing pin and spring. Then you can still practice reloads, too. The O rings are way cheaper than anything else. One O ring fits all calibers and number of chambers.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:02 AM, Toolguy said:

Or, you can put a small rubber O ring around the back of the firing pin. The hammer hits the O ring and saves all the wear on the firing pin and spring. Then you can still practice reloads, too. The O rings are way cheaper than anything else. One O ring fits all calibers and number of chambers.

This is interesting. Where did you get an o ring that small, and do they stay on pretty good?

You can probably find them at Ace Hardware or order online from McMaster.com. They stay in really well because they are squished a little bit sideways by the frame. You can easily remove them with a toothpick or similar shaped tool.