Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio holster

Looking for recommendation for a large frame Tanfoglio holster. Not a race holster. Some sort of closed holster similar to Black scorpion competition holster.

the problem is I can find only black scorpion for small frame. Didn’t find any notes large frame. Thanks

1 hour ago, Polymer said:

GX holster. Also, i believe holster shouldn't matter small frame vs large frame.

I don't know about the GX, but it does matter. Additionally the poly frame ones don't fit in the same holsters.

The OP wants a holster with better retention than the basic competition one.

23 hours ago, Marakby said:

he problem is I can find only black scorpion for small frame.

Call or email them.

The Limited, Limited Pro and Stock 2 do not have the rail on the dust cover so holsters for those specific guns don’t fit those with a rail. Holsters for the Stock 3 and Master with the rail will fit Limited and Stock2. A holster specifically for the Stock 2 is too short for the Limited, but it depends on who made it. 

Confusing.  

I have several.

Will not buy another Red Hill. I appreciate their support of matches, but the fit and durability are not good. Fit is sloppy and my first one cracked within a year of purchase. They gave me a discount on a replacement and they are fairly quick about shipping as positives.

Also have a GX Vice which is good. Fit is average but with the lever lock it is not an issue. Very tough holster. Problem is the website says 16 weeks lead time and I have heard rumor it can be longer than that.

I just ordered a Long's Shadow Huron for a 1911. I have one for Tanfo. The fit is excellent and lead time is not bad.

As for specific guns. Call whoever you plan to order from and go over it specifically. They likely have seen it before and can guide you...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 7:31 PM, Slalom45 said:

I have several.

Will not buy another Red Hill. I appreciate their support of matches, but the fit and durability are not good. Fit is sloppy and my first one cracked within a year of purchase. They gave me a discount on a replacement and they are fairly quick about shipping as positives.

Also have a GX Vice which is good. Fit is average but with the lever lock it is not an issue. Very tough holster. Problem is the website says 16 weeks lead time and I have heard rumor it can be longer than that.

I just ordered a Long's Shadow Huron for a 1911. I have one for Tanfo. The fit is excellent and lead time is not bad.

As for specific guns. Call whoever you plan to order from and go over it specifically. They likely have seen it before and can guide you...

It’s not a rumor it’s a fact. GX holsters are at about 10 or more months right now unless you’re a freind or sponsored shooter. Lead time still says 16 weeks which is the worst part. Good holster but I would not purchase again.

My Bladetech, ghost, rht, even my gx's....all fits my small and large frames. Also my lim pro , stock 2, 3 and golf matches fits nicely well in Stock 3 Holster. My limited masters fits as well.

Making it an all-around holster.

Edited by Yagi
More define

Yeah, its very odd since the vast majority of competition Tanfos in the US are large frame.

Call the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop-- the owner (Full Timmy) is a GM Prod Large Frame Tanfo shooter.