Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Price increase 2024

Daslinger

6 minutes ago, LHshooter said:

I don't Know. I ordered an Athena in late October and was told 8 months. As of now there is no movement on my order indicating it will be finished sooner.

Mine took about 3 mos last year.  

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Mike21STI said:

Prices seem to have gone crazy on the 2011 side with custom builders in the last couple years.  I reached out to a builder a couple months ago and had asked for a price on a build and was quoted almost 2k more than a quote I got from the same builder 2 years earlier.  Glad I got my cheely back when I did, I don't know that I can justify it now.  

Costs of most parts are up 25-50% over that time frame along with coating going up too. The 2K barely covers the cost increase in recent years. Also wait lists are growing everywhere.

Per rumors I'm hearing... Atlas builds north of 200-250 Guns per month. They continue to build a waitlist at that level. Most custom 2011 smiths build 2-6 guns per month, at most. It's no surprise pricing is going up.  It's a builders market right now. 

22 hours ago, Maximis228 said:

It's a builders market right now.

Not in my neck o the woods.

Folks ain't spending money for nuthin.

I'm in the big middle of trying to do my 60-year downsize, and I can't find anyone with money for good stuff.  😃

3 minutes ago, cautery said:

I'm in the big middle of trying to do my 60-year downsize, and I can't find anyone with money for good stuff.  😃

I work with a home services company in Baton Rouge. I can promise you people are spending tons of money all over Louisiana right now. 

4 minutes ago, cautery said:

Over the years of buying and selling guns, I found that anytime something cost more than about 500 bucks you greatly reduce the amount of people that are interested in whatever you're selling. Or they might want to buy it but they don't have the money.

I've had pistols in very good condition that when new would cost close to two grand and you try to get a thousand for them and it takes forever. But cheap s*** sells pretty easy LOL

4 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

I work with a home services company in Baton Rouge. I can promise you people are spending tons of money all over Louisiana right now. 

Send some of 'em my way!  ;)

1 hour ago, cautery said:

I’m selling guns faster than I can build them. I turn down far more builds than I can take on. Kovert recently added me on and pre-sold a bunch of guns the first month. I need to look into cloning myself. lol

3 hours ago, donnyglock said:

I’m selling guns faster than I can build them. I turn down far more builds than I can take on. Kovert recently added me on and pre-sold a bunch of guns the first month. I need to look into cloning myself. lol

They had a picture of a stainless or hard chrome piece you did and I had serious restraint issues holding back. 

4 hours ago, donnyglock said:

Well done!  Good work; good product; and basic people skills and you can do quite well.

2 hours ago, Nathanb said:

They had a picture of a stainless or hard chrome piece you did and I had serious restraint issues holding back. 

I appreciate the kind words. It’s Hard chrome. I’ve always been a huge fan but it’s hard to find companies doing good work. After Terry Wolford passed away I’ve been looking for a good source. I prep every part and that helps a lot. 

2 hours ago, cautery said:

Well done!  Good work; good product; and basic people skills and you can do quite well.

Thank you sir. It’s not easy. It’s been so crazy busy lately I’ve had a few people fall through the cracks. I’m trying to tighten that up as there’s so many ways people try and get a hold of ya these days. 

• 2 weeks later...

With most things rising in price, are they still worth it? I suppose thats a subjective question...and I suppose I am also looking for validation after I placed my deposit for my first Athena haha.

8 hours ago, CHuynh said:

With most things rising in price, are they still worth it? I suppose thats a subjective question...and I suppose I am also looking for validation after I placed my deposit for my first Athena haha.

Can get a Hayes custom cheaper than Atlases now.

Guess it comes down to what features you require. Atlas is about the only one without getting into Venom or Rafferty pricing for 4.6" barrels.

12 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Can get a Hayes custom cheaper than Atlases now.

Guess it comes down to what features you require. Atlas is about the only one without getting into Venom or Rafferty pricing for 4.6" barrels.

Venom’s all black DLC 4.6” is about the same price as the atlas. Maybe $150-200 more. 
Don

6 hours ago, donnyglock said:

Venom’s all black DLC 4.6” is about the same price as the atlas. Maybe $150-200 more. 
Don

My apologies, Don.

9 hours ago, donnyglock said:

Don

Yeah, but one's a true custom gun built the way you want it, and the other is production gun, with basically no options.  I know which one I'd pick.  And it's not a close call.

2 hours ago, ltdmstr said:

Yeah, but one's a true custom gun built the way you want it, and the other is production gun, with basically no options.  I know which one I'd pick.  And it's not a close call.

Custom doesn’t mean good or even decent sometimes. The worst gun I ever bought was a custom gun and the worst joke of a gun I have ever seen was as well. In both cases it was hell to get the builders to do what was right. In general I think you are right though, just need to be careful and do your research.