Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C-more Or Aim Point?

Jaxshooter

I've got Open guns with Aimpoints and C-mores. Neither will hold you back-- Grauffel won world championships with Aimpoints, and Saul Kirsch and that TGO guy do ok with them too.

I'm not sure why tubes aren't as popular except they don't look as cool and weigh somewhat more. Tubes have some advantages in indexing and you can get the dot closer to the bore line which makes zeroing easier, but you have to put up with a more cluttered view.

+1

fwiw, i've shot the pdp3 tasco mounted way back on the old Dawson mount, and now an aimpoint mounted way forward on a springfield mount. the clutter with the shorter aimpoint and the forward position is much less - not bad at all in terms of what your non-shooting eye sees.

if the only thing you don't like about the c-more is the dim dot, i'd just buy new modules every year or 2 and make sure they're at least 6moa. 8moa shows up better still.

If an Aimpoint seems right to you, don't let "nobody else here does it" stop you from using it.

I noticed on Saul's 2003 Open Super Squad video about half the squad was using an Aimpoint. Saul, Rob, Angus, Eric, Henning, maybe a few more I've forgotten.

Apparently if you're not on the Super Squad, it won't be because of which scope you like.

Al

I've had two Aimpoints lose their dots, ditto one Docter, all my friends use C-More's, the problem they have is the body cracking..., the FirePoints I tried couldn't hold zero, the PDP5 (42mm) I've got on the old Open gun may be on the verge of breaking too....

I went back to iron sights...JP Double Rings

I don't know really what this has to do with your original question, but I'm sort of on the "I give up" with red dots.

I have found Aimpoints to be the most robust solution out there. They also have zero parallax and can be mounted very low to the bore. Try the 1911 Weigand mount available on their website for $19.95. One of the lowest double sided mounts available.

Another 2 cents worth??? "OLD" shooter, I have had C-More's since they were first hand built. Tascos etc...too, (I have a PD-3 on a "old" P-9 open gun). I never liked the "tube". I'm able to find the "dot" much easier with the C-More. Our shooting bays face the South ... always looking into the sun. It's nice too be able to change modules if you wish/want. Add up all the GM's who have to BUY their equipment...probably LOTS more C-More's than Aimpoints???? Plus service is excellent if needed! mike g

I have had the worst luck with Aimpoints All my Aimpoints except one have been back to Sweden to have the switches replaced. Including the brand new one I loaned a friend for Ecuador. Had less than 1000 rounds before the switch went bad in the middle of the World Shoot. The ones that I have are all Comp XD's but not the Comp 2(?) version that is current now.

This is my observations part of learned by teaching shotgun, 'the eye workings do cross over to handgun. whar the eye is at = on the target,= or on the gun/ on the sight.

like when you look at your hood ornament on your car as compared to looking/ having your eyes five cars ahead.

With a tub sight many shooters I observe have their eyes in the tub more than on the target. and on a long transition to the next target you can watch them with theri eyes staying 'in the tub of the sight.

With an open dot like a Cmore or a Panorama the shooters eyes can get off the screan/tub to look ahead to the next target eazyer.

it is like 'looking at the dot' over /instead of looking at the target, = your eys have to 'let go' to get to the next target fast. a tub is not as eazy for that as an open sight

Brian's teachings from 15 years ago pointed that out very good. = the eyes move first

I think an open sight =like the Cmore, 'lets' that happen eazyer.

I think you could hold up an empty tub from paper towles and see what i mean. You would never atempt to look through the long toub and move to diferent targets, but with a tub sight many do it in spite of them selfs.

if you watch the average shooter the gun and the eyes move at the same speed.

being abell to tell what another shooters eyes are seeing is a ?? learned / intuataive thing.

I don't know how I learned to do it.

Edited by AlamoShooter