Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holosun 507 Comp

mcmmotorsports

Sight picture 1, 2moa dot only. I wanted to like the 8moa ring but it feels way larger than 8moa and honestly was too distracting. Ultimately I wish they had a 5 or 6moa option comparable to the 5moa SRO - that’s the perfect size IMO

I mostly use the 2 moa dot. In low sun angles, I go to the 8.

The 2 isn't as bright as the other reticles on the 507 Comp, and is nowhere near as bright, for example, as a Romeo 3 Max. I have heard the 2 is brighter on the green version of the Comp, but haven't verified that. 

16 hours ago, GJM said:

The 2 isn't as bright as the other reticles on the 507 Comp, and is nowhere near as bright, for example, as a Romeo 3 Max. I have heard the 2 is brighter on the green version of the Comp, but haven't verified that. 

Weird, my green is bright enough to starburst and be significantly bigger than my 5moa SRO. 

On 11/29/2023 at 1:59 PM, ColoradoNick said:

Weird, my green is bright enough to starburst and be significantly bigger than my 5moa SRO. 

Just got a 507 Comp green and it is WAY brighter on the 2 moa dot than red!

A little off topic, is everyone's 507Comp reticles have the piece of the circle missing at 6 o'clock? When I got my green, we were messing with it at the club, and that was noticed. I see in the pics above it's missing, but never heard mention of it. More of a "horseshoe-dot" than "circle dot".

Edited by OPENB

27 minutes ago, mveto said:

I use #5, in green, so far I’m really impressed with the 507 comp. I didn’t know how much I needed/liked green dots till i got the 507 comp.

I also use the #5 so far in a couple practice sessions.  #6 might be a possibility in bright sunlight conditions.  I do like the green but I've been running green fiber on my iron sight guns for years so I figured it would be a easy adjustment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I ordered a green 507 Comp and got it delivered a couple of weeks ago. I'd seen the red one and liked it a lot, but I had read some positive things about the green, and decided to try out something new.

Once I got the sight I immediately noticed that no matter the reticle or the brightness, I wasn't able to see the dot/reticle as clearly as with any of the other, C-more, Aimpoint or Holosun red dots I have. I even checked it against my friend's red 507 Comp a few days ago and the result was the same. Outside in daylight it wasn't as blurry/unclear, but still noticeably different from the red one.

If I was only shooting on bright outdoor ranges or matches, this wouldn't be as big of a deal, but I shoot indoors quite often and I would also like to be able see the 2 MOA dot precisely for shooting more accurately.

What is your opinion/experience concerning these green and red 507 Comp sights? Have you ran into anything like this?

This is the only green 507 Comp that I've seen and I've been also thinking that there might be something off with the thing. Or my eyes just don't prefer the green colour... 

I prefer the 2.0 single dot reticle. I have used a SRO 2.5 for a long time so when I got the 507 I tried just about every combination and always came back to the single reticle.

I guess I don't really care too much for all the other reticles. But the 507 comb is brighter than the SRO 2.5 it seems so I am sticking with that.

I also got a G17 GGP optics slide and just put a Holosun 407A on it. Bright 3.0 and good enough for what I will use the G17 for. I didn't want to spend extra for reticles on the 507 when PSA had the 407A for so cheap.

With the 507 comp I used it in a match that was wet and cold and had a jam. I didn't want to risk dropping the gun so I banged the 507 Comp on the port 3 or 4 times until it cleared the jam. The dot turned off but after the stage I went to the safe area and turned it back on then rotated through all the reticles then put it back on the single 2.0. Shot the next stage and no issue. 

The following week I went to check the zero and it was still where it should be. I was surprised b/c I hit it so hard I expected to have to replace the dot. It seems tough enough for me and will be what I put on my MPA when it comes in.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 9:18 PM, GJM said:

Friend of mine was told that Holosun realized this, and has increased the 2 moa dot intensity on red optics by 30 percent.