Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cutting off some weight (929)

Squirrel45

11 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

Can theses be equipped with iron sights?

The way I am making the barrels currently it’s a carbon tube with end cap that’s threaded 1/2x28 on the end. (See the lower 617 in the above picture.)

Rather than a cap someone could use some type of front sight that screws on- a cap with a cut for a sight, a longer cap that has one of the Bowen/Weigand style front bases, or make something else.

I haven’t gone down the road of making anything, yet. Currently I don’t see how to make something that looks good, functions well and works for everyone. I would think a machinist could build a product that would work in some cases rather easy though.

It’s on the white board (along with mailing a 929 to toolguy for a project, theorizing with Sean, and drywalling my reloading room…) but the people who want them now are working on them solo. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

929-1.thumb.jpg.dd3b7cdbb8c82b6e04118ddd0c1cbaed.jpgI had mine cut down to 5 inches and removed part of the under lug, it dropped almost 5 oz off the nose. I find that the gun is much more balanced and for me the front sight returns much quicker. 

Edited by Ice36

6 hours ago, Ice36 said:

929-1.thumb.jpg.dd3b7cdbb8c82b6e04118ddd0c1cbaed.jpgI had mine cut down to 5 inches and removed part of the under lug, it dropped almost 5 oz off the nose. I find that the gun is much more balanced and for me the front sight returns much quicker. 

Now looks like a 627pc, do like that look.

18 hours ago, Ice36 said:

It was done at Ahlman's gun shot in Minnesota. They have a good revo smith, I found him this fall when my trigger pin broke. 

Thia is good info as I live in mn. I shoot a lot of Revo so thanks.

Great looking gun.

22 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

What would be the use for these barrels, power factor loads, mag loads ? 

Yeah something hot probably. Be a good bowling pin barrel on a 627.

I’ve been working on a couple 6.5” 625 projects for heavy metal. I’m doing a full lug 6.5” gun and a 625-7 Light Hunter barrel. I’d also really like to find Hunter or Stealth Hunter barrels to make heavy metal guns from too.