Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC Nationals Question

gargoil66

2 hours ago, pskys2 said:

Will mwp post video himself?

I could be persuaded to if people found that interesting? 

Rich and several other guys are shooting the match in 1 day on Friday. Should be a good race- even if we haven’t touched our guns since uspsa nationals…

6 hours ago, MWP said:

I could be persuaded to if people found that interesting? 

Rich and several other guys are shooting the match in 1 day on Friday. Should be a good race- even if we haven’t touched our guns since uspsa nationals…

Guys:

Would be short videos but if your computer can slow them down, you ought to be able to see what he is doing. 

To me, it is always interesting watching a top level competitor in his sport so I sure would like to see not only MWP but others in his squad go through a couple of stages or events.

GG

I also would really enjoy seeing you guys shoot if you are able to post some of the stages. I have seen some the European shooters posting on the IPSC Revolver Facebook page from their matches. It seems a lot of the stages there are 6 round neutral in the European IPSC matches. If this is the case with this match,  I would be interested also to hear what you think of possibly shooting 6 shot major.

6 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

... I have seen some the European shooters posting on the IPSC Revolver Facebook page from their matches. It seems a lot of the stages there are 6 round neutral in the European IPSC matches. If this is the case with this match,  I would be interested also to hear what you think of possibly shooting 6 shot major.

IPSC Rules stipulate a high percentage of Short stages: max 12 hits to score. Even there, you might sometimes have to do a standing reload with a 6-shooter. On Medium (max 24 hits) and Long (max 32 hits) stages, you are definitely doing more reloads and quite likely need to do some of them standing.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:16 PM, Pseudonym said:

If this is the case with this match,  I would be interested also to hear what you think of possibly shooting 6 shot major.

I still wouldn't have done it, but it would have been a lot more feasible here than at almost any USPSA match I've been to.

I have a lot of moon clips to disassemble before my flight home with two rounds left in them.

17 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I still wouldn't have done it, but it would have been a lot more feasible here than at almost any USPSA match I've been to.

I have a lot of moon clips to disassemble before my flight home with two rounds left in them.

Thanks I thought that might be the case. A few of the guys in the matches I watched, I think one was in Poland, did appear to be using six shots.

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Thanks I thought that might be the case. A few of the guys in the matches I watched, I think one was in Poland, did appear to be using six shots.

It does happen that I go and shoot a match with my six-gun: just for fun and not expecting to beat anybody.

Last time, I remember one of the good Production (or Production Optics?) shooters commenting that I broke down a stage in an interesting way to make it, more or less, work with six rounds in the cylinder.

36 minutes ago, Alaskan454 said:

Now you have #2! 

To be clear, my 1st-person and 3rd-person footage is of #4 #5 (I might not like the result of Vincent pulling out a stage win on 7 to pip me to the line by three match points, but I can't deny it was clutch!).

It's always nice seeing footage from the folks to whom I'm still giving up a bit of time, though! Helps to direct practice.