Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA mag extensions? 140mm

Wrathen

Helping a friend who is starting to do USPSA setup their Glock. Plan on running in carry optics and had a bunch of stock gen 5 Glock 17 (17 rounds) mags. I’ve always shot single stack or 2011s so not as familiar with Glock stuff. 

I did run a CZ SP01 in CO for a little bit and used a mix of Henning and TTI base pads. That along with my Shadow Systems MR920 that has some TTI extensions on the Glock 19’ish mags. 

Is there a company that produces the best for Glock? If not my thought is to recommend going with Henning  basepads. I’ve seen Taylor Freelance on some local shooters as well but I don’t have any experience with them. One local Glock shooter had (2) 24 round MBX Glock mags then reloads to standard y extended mags. 

what would you recommend for a friend? (If you were in my shoes)

1 hour ago, JohnLTD said:

Has anyone tried these out?  I had never heard of the company before, but  they’re claiming 25 rounds.

https://acdteam.com/product/glock-basepad-full-set/

You may be able to get 25 in there, but I see nothing stating how long it will make the mag so you may be past the 140 mark. 

1 hour ago, JohnLTD said:

Has anyone tried these out?  I had never heard of the company before, but  they’re claiming 25 rounds.

Just recently released, I picked one up. Check instagram for BF code this week. 

140mm. Fit 24 right out the gate. After a few days full I jammed 25 in. Few more days and it would seat in the gun. Would not reload 25 from the belt, but Barney up 26 has worked for me a few times. 

Think ill order 2 more this week. 

3 hours ago, JohnLTD said:

2 hours ago, Seoderus said:

Just recently released, I picked one up. Check instagram for BF code this week. 

140mm. Fit 24 right out the gate. After a few days full I jammed 25 in. Few more days and it would seat in the gun. Would not reload 25 from the belt, but Barney up 26 has worked for me a few times. 

Think ill order 2 more this week. 

Had the same experience as Seoderus. 24 out of the package. I loaded it with one brand of 115 gr factory ammo and got 24. I then tried another brand of 124 factory ammo and was able to get 25, but it was a solid 25. This weekend I did 25 plus 1 with no issues. Would not recommend reloading off the belt with 25 at this time from my limited experience with it. They are very well made and will probably order some more. 

On 11/23/2023 at 2:01 PM, profec291 said:

Anyone else have more feedback on the Team AC Design Trojan Kit?  Black Friday deal is looking good with 20% off.

I used them twice this past weekend to eliminate reloads on stages. Friend let me borrow his.

They worked great in a stock Glock 45.

I went ahead and ordered 2 of them, will update with how they do.

I have used TTI and Taylor Freelance over the years. I like the attachment design of the TF better.

All of them have the potential to require massaging to run perfectly without binding.

On my last set I spent a few minutes with a Dremel and haven't had a problem since.

Took advantage of team ac’s black friday sale, purchased 2. Received them today, I’ll find out on Sunday if they were worth the $100 for two. I did put them together and followed the instructions, but i was only able to load 24 rds for the 24 hour break in period. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2023 at 9:35 PM, Braxton1 said:

I do the Arredondo's.  The molded-in checkering needs to be sanded off to make a reliably-below 140mm length, but they install easily and last for a while.

This might be a little late, but I'm just getting into USPSA. I measured my arredondo enhanced g17 mags and see that they are 147mm. If I sand off the checkering, they still will be 145mm in length. What am I missing?

Ok, that did impact my measurements. However, I still see the measurement as 5 and 5/8 inches without sanding (which is 142.875mm) or 5 and 9/16 inches with sanding (which is 141.2875mm). So crap. Or am I missing something?

Measuring mags like shown in the Rulebook with a ruler, caliper, or yardstick is close to a worthless technique.  The only real measurement is the official EGW gauge for USPSA (measures 141.25) or the DAA gauge for IPSC (measures a true 140, as there is no "tolerance" in IPSC).

Having measured innumerable "Arredondos on OEM G17 mags", I can assure you that it's going to be CLOSE, but the checkering will need to be sanded off and it'll fit the gauge just fine.

The final word is only definite once it's checked on the appropriate gauge.

Edited by Braxton1

Good to know. I’ve sanded off the checkering (yay belt sanders) but will be sure to bring backup standard mags too, just in case.

Cheers,

Adam