Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody use a Pro Chrono DLX with Bluetooth? What the heck did they do to the app?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I set up my chrono,, turn it on,, shoot over it .it tells me the velocity.. I write it in a little notebook...
I can go look at said notebook and see velocities from 20 years ago... even without a charger.
I am all about tech when it makes things better, but not when it is tech for the sake of tech that does nothing.

44 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

Anybody use a Pro Chrono DLX with Bluetooth? What the heck did they do to the app?

It sucks.

I noticed that last night. Went to look up a load and WTF??? It’s pretty much the same just now you can control the chronograph from your device. And as far as writing all that crap down I just send it to the printer. More legible than my scrawl. Have you tried yours since the update? Was too late last night for me. 

Edited by Farmer
Added

28 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

sharpened sticks, held in a fire

I control my chrono by walking up to it and turning it from ON mode to OFF mode.. I mean what else is there ?

I add plugging in the battery because I disconnect it when I don't use it for months at a time. It sits out in the building on my range. Battery, on, shoot, write, etc., unplug battery, go eat ice cream.

Yeah, I write my stuff down too.

Whoda thought I would use that so much after all those years of learning to write?

How about this?

Name: 9mm: 124gr Xtreme RN: Cleanshot 4gr: Mixed Case: OAL 1.140
Notes: Para 1911 5"
Shots: 13
Average: 1057 ft/s
SD: 7 ft/s
Min: 1044 ft/s
Max: 1073 ft/s
Spread: 29 ft/s
Power Factor Average: 131
Power Factor Low: 129
Power Factor High: 133
Barometric Pressure: 30 in Hg
Temperature: 69 F
Weight: 124.0 gr.
Powder: Cleanshot 4.0gr
Case: Mixed
Primer: Rem SPP
Bullet: Xtreme 124gr RN
OAL: 1.140
Gun: Para 5" 1911

My notebooks tell me what I need to know. You know, all the stuff that you know, you need to know?

Velocity

bullet weight

charge

Federal primer

average velocity / string

PF

I shoot Federal cases. The gun? It's in my hand.

I will leave all that useless tech nonsense to you boomers.

I will be shooting while you do that.

11 hours ago, ysrracer said:

It sucks.

I agree. I used it in July and it was fine, then I took it out yesterday after the update and they screwed up everything. Yes, it still records the velocity of your shots, but they totally hosed the export function. 
who in the heck exports a Zip file via email these days???  Many mail servers don’t even allow them to pass because they are easy to hide viruses in. And why did they separate every shot string into its own CSV file?  That’s ridiculous. And, they don’t export any of the “custom” fields. Heck, that’s where I put important load data like the OAL of the cartridge.  They totally blew it with this update. Oh yeah, the graph that gave you a quick look at shot velocities no longer works in landscape mode, and you can’t see all your shots on the same window. You have to scroll off to the sides. I was very disappointed, don’t they actually check any of this crap before pushing out an update that changes everything?  I am clearly annoyed as I keep all my data in a spreadsheet and now it no longer works. 

I sent them 3 or 4 messages yesterday through the app. I hope more people do as well. 

11 hours ago, Dr. Phil said:

I add plugging in the battery because I disconnect it when I don't use it for months at a time. It sits out in the building on my range. Battery, on, shoot, write, etc., unplug battery, go eat ice cream.

Yeah, I write my stuff down too.

Whoda thought I would use that so much after all those years of learning to write?

what ? then you miss the joy of realizing the battery is dead after you have it set up, and getting to clean 10yo goo out of the terminals...
At want time I was all high tech redneck and used RCBS.load to store all my data,, Was a great program,, and they stopped updating it and about windows 8 wouldnt run it any more, so I pretty much lost all my data... 
I have a 4" or so red note pad in my chrono bag,,, and while I transfer my data the original info is in that bag forever.

Well, if you need extra frustration, you can always go to

closed caption TV

online banking

online DMV

online pharmacy

melted down mother boards

crashed hard drives.

streaming TV

M-Donnie's food que

etc

etc 

etc

Or maybe the wi-fi at the match that refused to download the stats?

Yep, pretty much got the bugs out of everything.

I will stick to writing.

Edited by Dr. Phil

1 hour ago, Dr. Phil said:

Well, if you need extra frustration, you can always go to

closed caption TV

online banking

online DMV

online pharmacy

melted down mother boards

crashed hard drives.

streaming TV

M-Donnie's food que

etc

etc 

etc

Or maybe the wi-fi at the match that refused to download the stats?

Yep, pretty much got the bugs out of everything.

I will stick to writing.

I do everything online because it's convenient and I don't want to look like one of those old guy's we had back in the 70's.  I want to hang out with the cool kids, plus grandkids are graduating from high school, so I texted to communicate with them.  :)

Edited by dannyd

3 minutes ago, dannyd said:

I do everything online because it's convenient and I don't want to look like one of those old guy's we had back in the 70's.  I want to hang out with the cool kids, plus grandkids are graduating from high school, so I texted to communicate with them.  :)

I can't even spell AI.

I like tech when it makes things better... But not tech for the sake of tech. 
I guarantee I can write down, Bullet type and weight, Powder and charge, and OAL in a note pad alot faster than I could ever type into a swipe swipe plastered in my face.  I can write down each velocity and at that point can just glance at it and know the spread, average and if the SD is small or big.. or if the PF is what I want.
And in a year noone will come along and force an update on my notepad and scramble all the numbers. 
Reminds me of work, change oil fuel and air filters, pull out a sharpie write the hours on the filter,,, every so often you look at hour meter and know when next change is coming up,,, or for that matter you know its 24 hours a day so in  3 weeks you'll be at 500 hours.... easy peasy,,,
But nooooooooooooooooooo tech fools gotta do it by computer and have an app you have to enter hours in every single day,,, that only works when vessel has an internet connection then you get a pop up with no notice that its due

But, But, But, technology is wonderful,,, when it works! And it never works when you really, really, truly NEED it. 
I did a quick test of mine last night, was dark so just flashed a light across the screens for a couple of readings. Seemed to work but when I tried the remote function I was under the assumption that it would read out the values on the phone too. It doesn’t. Just on the chrono. So what good does that really do unless you’re close enough to read it, but if I’m that close I might as well just use the buttons on the unit. Haven’t tried to print one off to see if it includes my notes but that’ll really piss me off if it doesn’t.