Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody use a Pro Chrono DLX with Bluetooth? What the heck did they do to the app?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

no idea,, its got a hole for something on the side,, I dont recal a light, looking on the websight it is probably pre LTD model..

Yes, the early models had a plug and a black box that you plugged in and it Velcro’ed to the unit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there was another update to the app in the last couple of days.  Has anyone tried it?  Really hoping it restores functionality back to "normal".  I don't plan to chrono anything until just after the New Year, but I'd like to know if I should be looking forward to it, or dreading it...

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Looks like there was another update to the app in the last couple of days.  Has anyone tried it?  Really hoping it restores functionality back to "normal".  I don't plan to chrono anything until just after the New Year, but I'd like to know if I should be looking forward to it, or dreading it...

Really? How do you know? I guess I haven’t checked the update number’s. After the little glitch I had, installing the new batteries in mine made it work just like it did before, just fine. Forgot to add that I had to do a re-connect. 

Edited by Farmer
Added

9 hours ago, Farmer said:

Really? How do you know? I guess I haven’t checked the update number’s. After the little glitch I had, installing the new batteries in mine made it work just like it did before, just fine. Forgot to add that I had to do a re-connect. 

Currently at v1.9.44

yesterday I told my phone to check for app updates and Digital Link came up as having an update. My OCD makes me update all apps at least weekly, usually much more often than that. 

14 hours ago, Cuz said:

Currently at v1.9.44

yesterday I told my phone to check for app updates and Digital Link came up as having an update. My OCD makes me update all apps at least weekly, usually much more often than that. 

That’s what mines at too. I figured if it works don’t f**k with it. 😂

On 9/17/2023 at 6:19 PM, ysrracer said:

Anybody use a Pro Chrono DLX with Bluetooth? What the heck did they do to the app?

It sucks.

I had one worked real nice till a 308 round wandered a mite low. Now use a Magna speed 

• 1 month later...

Looks like they dicked with it again. Now half the operations are at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom. Damn programmers always gotta screw with stuff just when you get used to things. 

2 hours ago, Farmer said:

Looks like they dicked with it again. Now half the operations are at the top of the screen instead of at the bottom. Damn programmers always gotta screw with stuff just when you get used to things. 

And I can't figure out how to delete a string/file.

They are not doing themselves any favors.

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

And I can't figure out how to delete a string/file.

They are not doing themselves any favors.

Are you talking about a shot list or a string within a shot list? To delete a shot list just slide it to the left and it gives options to edit or delete. 

15 minutes ago, Farmer said:

To delete a shot list just slide it to the left and it gives options to edit or delete. 

Thanks, that was what I was looking for.

6 minutes ago, Nile said:

It could as well be a bug, I’m have done some programming work and I know for sure when these thing happen, it’s either maintenance or a bug. 

Well I sent an error log just because. Have run into this type of thing before over the years. It would be like if I came into your house or workshop and moved everything you use regularly around every month or so. 

I've been delaying my next chrono session in the hopes they come out with another update. 

I figure I can wait another month or so before I really need to chrono some ammo.

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

I've been delaying my next chrono session in the hopes they come out with another update. 

I figure I can wait another month or so before I really need to chrono some ammo.

The chrono works fine, it's just the app that's wonky.

2 hours ago, ysrracer said:

The chrono works fine, it's just the app that's wonky.

Understood, but the app is the reason I originally bought the chrono, so the app is important to me, and essential to my use of the chrono.

Maybe that new LabRadar chrono mentioned in another thread will have a better app and I'll switch gears and go in that direction.