Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody use a Pro Chrono DLX with Bluetooth? What the heck did they do to the app?

The power switch on my unit quit shortly after I got it, could feel it coming apart. Emailed them, they said send it in and I had it back in about a week. I thought that was pretty quick service. This was about a year ago. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used it at the range today. The Bluetooth dropped every few seconds, and there's a three to five second delay from when the shot crosses the chrono, and when the shot registers on the app.

It's a pain in the ass to use now.

8 hours ago, ysrracer said:

I used it at the range today. The Bluetooth dropped every few seconds, and there's a three to five second delay from when the shot crosses the chrono, and when the shot registers on the app.

It's a pain in the ass to use now.

Have you tried re-installing the app? Maybe yours got fu  in the update. 

12 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Screenshot_20230926-183425.png

yep, in 2000 years someone will be able to read my reloading chrono data,, Yours couldnt survive an update on your swipe swipe gadget.... LOL
But  in non chop busting mode.. How old is your phone and what version of Android are you running ?  Kinda whole reason I just use a notepad, as new versions of Windows wouldnt run my software. Maybe your version isnt compatible 100% with the new software ?

8 hours ago, Farmer said:

Have you tried re-installing the app? Maybe yours got fu  in the update. 

Good point. I backed up my data (if you don't you'll lose it all when you uninstall the app) uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, and imported my data. 

I'll test it out and let you know.

6 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Good point. I backed up my data (if you don't you'll lose it all when you uninstall the app) uninstalled the app, reinstalled the app, and imported my data. 

I'll test it out and let you know.

Definitely waiting to hear back on how this works.  I have to chrono some more ammo next week.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Hey they must have updated the app again, it actually worked better today. No lag and no droped Bluetooth.

Progress

Good deal! Was just guessing that you maybe got a bad update. I had that happen with a windows app and had to reinstall twice to get the Bluetooth to stabilize. Glad it worked. 

5 hours ago, Farmer said:

Good deal! Was just guessing that you maybe got a bad update. I had that happen with a windows app and had to reinstall twice to get the Bluetooth to stabilize. Glad it worked. 

Yeah, but their customer service skills still suck butt :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen, I recently had problems connecting my unit - when I loaded the app it would search and search in an attempt to connect to the chrono, but wouldn't link up.  What worked was when I clicked on "Connect to a Different Digital Link" at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps someone else. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, ysrracer said:

Hey they must have updated the app again, it actually worked better today. No lag and no droped Bluetooth.

Progress

Glad to hear that. I had been postponing my next chrono session until you reported back. 

thanks for the update. 

1 hour ago, Cuz said:

Glad to hear that. I had been postponing my next chrono session until you reported back. 

thanks for the update. 

It's an improvement over the first "update", but nowhere near as useful as it was originally.

I'm guessing this "update" was written by somebody with very little app experience.

On 10/24/2023 at 8:40 AM, ysrracer said:

It's an improvement over the first "update", but nowhere near as useful as it was originally.

I'm guessing this "update" was written by somebody with very little app experience.

You sure they did another update, or was it that you got yours re-installed properly without any corruption? Mine seems to work the same like it did after the upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Farmer said:

You sure they did another update, or was it that you got yours re-installed properly without any corruption? Mine seems to work the same like it did after the upgrade. 

Yes, thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first little bug-a-boo tonight. Set up the chrono, turned it on and it connected like always. Took a shot everything good, second shot didn’t read. Was testing shot shells and it was starting to get a little dark. Went back and grabbed another shell and noticed I lost connection and it wouldn’t re-connect. So just bagged it and took it into the shop and pulled the battery to test it. It was old, cold (40 deg) and it was at around 50% so replaced it. Still wouldn’t connect, and I noticed an error message and it showing 85 shots and none of the buttons worked. I did get it to switch to 2nd string, deleted what was on there, and then shut it off and back on. Then I could delete the first string and it connected right up. Thinking between the low power and the temp might have started a chain of events. I’m going to try it again tomorrow to make sure it works. I guess what I’m saying is make sure your battery is fresh especially if it’s chilly outside. I’m thinking the blue tooth takes more power than the chronograph itself because my phone couldn’t find it and said it wasn’t supported until I cleared it. 

48 minutes ago, Farmer said:

Had my first little bug-a-boo tonight. Set up the chrono, turned it on and it connected like always. Took a shot everything good, second shot didn’t read. Was testing shot shells and it was starting to get a little dark. Went back and grabbed another shell and noticed I lost connection and it wouldn’t re-connect. So just bagged it and took it into the shop and pulled the battery to test it. It was old, cold (40 deg) and it was at around 50% so replaced it. Still wouldn’t connect, and I noticed an error message and it showing 85 shots and none of the buttons worked. I did get it to switch to 2nd string, deleted what was on there, and then shut it off and back on. Then I could delete the first string and it connected right up. Thinking between the low power and the temp might have started a chain of events. I’m going to try it again tomorrow to make sure it works. I guess what I’m saying is make sure your battery is fresh especially if it’s chilly outside. I’m thinking the blue tooth takes more power than the chronograph itself because my phone couldn’t find it and said it wasn’t supported until I cleared it. 

Funny, it worked perfectly before the "update" :)

13 hours ago, Farmer said:

This wasn’t the app, was the unit itself. 

Not necessarily, because it connects via Bluetooth, through the app. 

the app update has made my ProChrono virtually useless and has me shopping for a replacement. I am very unhappy. This used to be an awesome chrono & app combo. Now, it just plain sucks. 

53 minutes ago, Cuz said:

Not necessarily, because it connects via Bluetooth, through the app. 

the app update has made my ProChrono virtually useless and has me shopping for a replacement. I am very unhappy. This used to be an awesome chrono & app combo. Now, it just plain sucks. 

But if you don’t use the app you can still use just the chrono by itself. In this instance the chronograph was locked up and not responding. Now this could have been the fault of the app/Bluetooth scrambling it but I’m still leaning towards the low power. It had worked fine after the update many times but I need to test it out now with fresh batteries. 

4 minutes ago, Farmer said:

But if you don’t use the app you can still use just the chrono by itself. In this instance the chronograph was locked up and not responding. Now this could have been the fault of the app/Bluetooth scrambling it but I’m still leaning towards the low power. It had worked fine after the update many times but I need to test it out now with fresh batteries. 

lol, it never even occurred to me that you could use this chrono without the app. 

does it have a display on the device itself that works on its own ? woulda never occured to me to use it with an app..LOL. honestly I am not sure if mine has any phone connection capabilities or if its an older model,, ?

4 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

does it have a display on the device itself that works on its own ? woulda never occured to me to use it with an app..LOL. honestly I am not sure if mine has any phone connection capabilities or if its an older model,, ?

Does yours have a small green light next to the power switch?