Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Nats predictions for 2023

rowdyb

7 minutes ago, Dirty_J said:

His barrel cracked/broke. Backup gun’s barrel was cracked/broke in the weeks leading up to the match is what I hear. 

Beretta seems to have some serious metallurgic problems. 

That's interesting. I've also been hearing about Beretta's barrels spontaneously disassembling theirselves 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, shred said:

JJs gun was a pretty interesting prototype, so it's not too surprising it had issues with Major PF ammo.  Quite a few of the tried-and-tested 2011 and CZ designs cratered too.

Forgot he was shooting open. The guns that I've been seeing with the blown up barrels are all shooting standard 9 mm. Seems like the barrels are cracking at around 30,000 rounds or so. Not sure how widespread it is, but have seen a couple of things about it

4 hours ago, euxx said:

Did anyone predicted JJ dropping out from the match? Anyone know what happen there?

On a side note. It is interesting to see the person promoting and pushing an alternative competition league/sport is still shooting the USPSA nationals... Why do that if USPSA is that bas as a sport? Or if it is not bad - why do we need another sport?

I think his orignal disdain, for lack of a better word, was how multi gun for uspsa was being ran and promoted. Also the loud, true or not, voices saying they hate shotgun in 3 gun. So he created a alternative where a 556 gun, a pcc and the pistols most people have could do something in most bays. They shoot it at a few clubs here in TX but they are all too far away from me, or I'd give it a shot.

@rowdyb For Handgun Nat's I'm going with

Prod

1st - Nils

2nd - Mason

3rd - Casey

Limited

1st - Sauerland

2nd - Gianni

3rd - Todd Jarret

LO

1st - KC

2nd - Hemple

3rd - Max Leograndis

Revo

1st - @Fishbreath

2nd - Poggie

3rd - Wolfe

SS

1st - Vlieger

2nd - jeff Crawthon

3rd - Elias 

Some of these might be wishful thinking. Production is probably the most contested division and will be the  most interesting to watch. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 7:36 PM, RJH said:

Crazy how dominant Christian s is. Only one other true GM in open this Nationals. 

Is he the best guy with a handgun in the world right now? I think he probably is.

I know he's primarily a dot shooter, but I think it was last year he shot L10 and beat Nils in the overall with Nils shooting a single stack gun. I know that's not exactly apples to apples, but it may be the closest that we have right now. And I know he didn't win open last year, but that seems way more the anomaly than him winning basically every match he enters

It’s hard to argue for anyone to be better. Any division damn near any gun he’s a favorite to win nationals. Truly impressive and I’m not sure anyone has ever been so dominant. 

On 9/25/2023 at 1:17 AM, csailer said:

I am ready and would if I could, but cannot with my current outside of shooting obligations around that time.  I will shoot limited or production nats next year. 

Hold on you do something besides shoot? I didn’t even think you were human? 😂

3 hours ago, Fishbreath said:

I was just saying to my wife, "Sure am glad most of my recent practices have been on chilly, damp mornings."

While I am doing 90 degrees and full sun practice sessions at 11am for the past two weeks...... I can't remember the last time I shot in the rain or temps below 50F..... Years?

My pile of clothes for packing mimics an expidition more than a match.

Edited by rowdyb

57 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

While I am doing 90 degrees and full sun practice sessions at 11am for the past two weeks...... I can't remember the last time I shot in the rain or temps below 50F..... Years?

My pile of clothes for packing mimics an expidition more than a match.

At lease you are shooting in the afternoon, it should be warmer. I'm shooting in the crisp early morning.

21 minutes ago, JoeMKY said:

At lease you are shooting in the afternoon, it should be warmer. I'm shooting in the crisp early morning.

For that I am indeed lucky and glad I stalked the squad list and could move when I did.

7 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

For that I am indeed lucky and glad I stalked the squad list and could move when I did.

I just wanted to try zone 1 and when I signed up in June and stuck with it without looking at the weather.