Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Edge, What To Add?

North

Hello,

Did a search and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Start with...

Stock STI Edge, from Brazos.

3lb Triger job, freebore for 1.25 OAL, Fiber optic front sight, Big magwell, big mag release.

What else does an Edge need?

25,000 rounds of practice ammo. set of good mags.

really it doesnt need anything...

i would feel totally comfortable shooting a bone stock Edge...as long as it was reliable

the factory magwell is big enough.

the trigger is not that bad...

I wouldnt get a Fiber optic front anyway

and unless you have small hands, a big mag release is just gonna drop mags when they dont need to.

loading 40s to 1.25 is silly if you ask me...1.18-1.20 should be plenty long.

thats just what i think....but

keep this in mind when buying..its your money, get what you want..

Put a heavier mag release spring in and you'll have no problem with a bigger release button. It also helps if you don't slam you're hand down on the gun on table starts. A little practice and using the proper techniques goes a long way in overcoming what some perceive as a problem.

Put a Dawson Ice Magwell on it. The size also helps prevent you from doing something stupid like dumping the mag on the table starts.

FO is a personal issue some hate them I like them.

The edge should run fine with factory length ammo so no need to get crazy with the freebore. Stock barrel will be fine right from STI.

Call brownells and get a couple sets of the screws for the grip. You will loose or strip them the night before a match so have spares.

Mags with Bevan's spring kits

Lots of range time and dry fire.

You'll most definately want to lose the big mag button. When I first got my Infinity the first time shooting a match my mags kept falling right out of my gun. I couldn't figure out why and a lot of guys were teasing me saying that their $400 Glock doesn't do that. Well I figured out that it was my oversized mag button that I kept pressing on. Needless to say that came out. I'm guessing that's all you need to do to your Edge. Just get a ton of ammo and have fun.

You'll most definately want to lose the big mag button. When I first got my Infinity the first time shooting a match my mags kept falling right out of my gun. I couldn't figure out why and a lot of guys were teasing me saying that their $400 Glock doesn't do that. Well I figured out that it was my oversized mag button that I kept pressing on. Needless to say that came out. I'm guessing that's all you need to do to your Edge. Just get a ton of ammo and have fun.

I'll second that! I was going to put a big mag button on my Edge and noticed that my left hand kept dropping the mags. Luckily I never used it in a match with the big mag button.

When I got mine all I did was put in a long trigger (big hands) and add the FO front sight because I prefeer them. There is no need to freebore it, I run 1.200" loads without any problems. Other than that I have just been shooting it.

Neal in AZ

When I got mine all I did was put in a long trigger (big hands) and add the FO front sight because I prefeer them. There is no need to freebore it, I run 1.200" loads without any problems. Other than that I have just been shooting it.

Neal in AZ

+1

25,000 rounds of practice ammo. set of good mags.

really it doesnt need anything...

i would feel totally comfortable shooting a bone stock Edge...as long as it was reliable

the factory magwell is big enough.

the trigger is not that bad...

I wouldnt get a Fiber optic front anyway

and unless you have small hands, a big mag release is just gonna drop mags when they dont need to.

+1 on that.

Just got my new Edge a few days ago.

It came from STI with fiber optic front sight installed, no other options.

The factory mag release is fine.

I really don't feel the need for a button, but if you get one I would definately opt for heavier spring.

The gun is ready to race as is.

All you need is a membership to Gold's gym.

That sucker's heavy.

I like it.

Tls

I cant wait for mine. Been waiting approx 8 weeks already... all I have to say is patience is overrated.

Who's making you wait that long?

I got mine in a couple of Days From http://www.brazoscustom.com/Home.htm

Ordered it through my local range, who then placed an order with STI. They didnt have any completed Edge's in .40 in stock, so they had to build one. I wanted one with a FO front and hard chrome. Guess that takes some time.

Loves2 Shoot has it right.

Fiber Optic front sites are just something else to sell for vendors and such.

I discovered I could manipulate my mag release easier uninstalled on my Hi-Cap.

I don't have big hands either; but that is an ergonomic issue, your milage may vary.

Save money for ammunition and education.

FM