Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Quick load shockbottle hundo

itzjere

How is everyone loading their hundo up after a reload session?  I saw this video for the Armanov case gauge and was wondering if someone had a product or even technique to speed up this process.  Unfortunately this product doesn't work for the shockbottle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itmMkZGlcGo

I have heard of people working on them here and there, so I'd expect somebody to start selling one soon.

(I lay the gauge across the Akrobin  on the 1050 and catch rounds as they come out and drop them in one after the other)

• 9 months later...

I just grab handfuls and put them in manually. Doesn’t seem to take that long. But, I’m sure as soon as they are back in stock at Range Panda, I’ll order one, just because…

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Sarge pointed me in the direction of the one that works with the hundo.  I can gauge 100 rounds and have them in the case in 90 seconds now.

Is that the Range Panda?

or is there another one?

I have the Armanov, not said I bought it, but it does not work quite as groovy with my truncated cone bullets.  

Still happy I have it, because I will put a couple handfuls on it, shake in what does go, then dump it out and put it back on, because when manually putting the rest of them in they funnel in quite nicely.

This reminds me, I do have 6k down there waiting... (do not have that many boxes)

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

Like I said...I can case gauge and place 100 rounds in an ammo case in 90 seconds...

I'm not sure how much faster that is than the manual method, but, it's a gizmo I didn't have, so I had to order one.  Thanks for the link.

It's at least twice as fast as I could do it without it.   About 60% fall in place with a couple shakes.  The rest easily fall in with a little help.  It's far better than placing each round in the hole.

4 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Like I said...I can case gauge and place 100 rounds in an ammo case in 90 seconds...

Doh, I feel like an idiot.  Thanks.  Ordered one. 

Posted (edited)

There are various 3d examples online. They have the same design problem, the funnel points are at the same level and rounds just skid along the funnel points instead of falling projectile down.

Change the funnel height in the centre of each group of four funnels and you will get a better and faster sort. 

There is no need for a deep sorter with plastic side walls. A thinner sorter as shown in the pic placed on top of the hundo works fine.

Surround it with high box walls made from cardboard and it works a treat. Place hundo inside cardboard walls, place sorter on top, add ammo, shake around, remove cardboard walls. Quick and simple.

Total materials cost about $1, or create walls from something more aesthetically pleasing for a small additional cost.

20240428_084949.jpg

1000004596.jpg

Edited by DownUnder

On 5/2/2024 at 3:37 AM, DownUnder said:

There are various 3d examples online. They have the same design problem, the funnel points are at the same level and rounds just skid along the funnel points instead of falling projectile down.

Change the funnel height in the centre of each group of four funnels and you will get a better and faster sort. 

There is no need for a deep sorter with plastic side walls. A thinner sorter as shown in the pic placed on top of the hundo works fine.

Surround it with high box walls made from cardboard and it works a treat. Place hundo inside cardboard walls, place sorter on top, add ammo, shake around, remove cardboard walls. Quick and simple.

Total materials cost about $1, or create walls from something more aesthetically pleasing for a small additional cost.

20240428_084949.jpg

1000004596.jpg

Any chance there is someplace to download the files with that change already made?

I have access to a 3D printer at the local library, but no ZERO about how to make that mod to the files I just downloaded from printables.com, that OptimiStick linked.

• 2 weeks later...