Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone shooting a P226 X-Five?

Rudukai13

C31A5A55-4A63-4322-890E-116F820AB292.thumb.jpeg.93768a654c1a80117ab1226564d717e6.jpeg

Decided to get one as my new general-purpose, do-all, high-performance pistol. It’ll be a nightstand, home defense, occasional competition, occasional carry pistol. First day impressions are very good, it’s solid, smooth, and ergonomic. Should make factory manufactured 9mm loads feel like plinking 22. I already have an optic and Springer adapter plate for it, just haven’t taken the time to install it yet.

Current plan is to get the optic on it, then shoot the s#!t out of it for a year, then send it off to Bruce Gray to work his magic on

Edited by Rudukai13

5 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

If you don’t mind shooting Minor PF, yes. Currently they’re only available in 9mm

It doesn't matter, all firearms used in Limited Optics are scored Minor anyway.

Ok, I have a vitally important question for this pistol from experienced P226 owners…

Who makes a good reliable high capacity magazine for the P226? By high capacity I mean like close to 30 rounds or more

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2023 at 7:06 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Ok, I have a vitally important question for this pistol from experienced P226 owners…

Who makes a good reliable high capacity magazine for the P226? By high capacity I mean like close to 30 rounds or more

ProMag makes a big stick (30 rounds I think) but, like almost all their products, it's a jam-o-matic. Not good for anything other than plinking at the range for fun where the inevitable jams and double feeds aren't any consequence.

The highest capacity options that run well are the factory 20 round mags with a +4 baseplate from Taylor Freelance, Armory Craft, etc and get 24 rounds reloadable. I've been doing research in advance of picking up my own P226 and I haven't seen anything larger as of yet. I think you might be able to get 25 with a Grams follower and spring but I haven't seen any confirmed reports of that so I'm just guessing.

PS - What baseplates are those in the pictures above?

Edited by ClangClang

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rlbuzz said:

On a side note, Sig just announced yesterday that they are accepting preorders for the latest P226 X-FIVE, the X-FIVE Legion.

I had a brief moment of potential buyer’s remorse for having bought the Classic X-Five and then Aluminum frame and Sig’s totally-not-a-bushing-compensator “integrally ported slide”…Blegh

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2023 at 3:14 PM, rlbuzz said:

I'm curious to hear the upcoming reviews on the new X-FIVE Legion and their 2 port integrated expansion chamber setup.

The Staccato XC has a similar setup that they've been using for quite a while and it's been getting good reviews. 

The Staccato XC uses an actual true compensator, not this half-assed “integrally ported slide” crap that Sig has latched on to

1 hour ago, Abominator said:

Its also a 4.4" barrel so it should be a Xshort not and X5.

Can’t let a little thing like factual accuracy and logical reasoning get in the way of Sig hawking their LyFeZtIlE brand bulls#!t

• 4 weeks later...

I own a Sig P226 X5 "Classic:" (stainless) pistol and am going to mount a Leupold DeltaPoint Pro optic on it.

I have removed the rear sight/optic cover plate assembly and it appears the new DeltaPoint Pro will fit perfectly.

However, when the optic is in place, there is one screw hole and two "divots" in the top rear of the slide that remain exposed when the optic is in place.

I have the following questions:

1.  Does SIG sell a cover plate of any type that would cover this screw hole and the divots?

2.  I I purchase a Leupold iron sight that is made to affix to the rear of the DeltaPoint, would it properly cover the screw hole and divots?

If the answer to both questions above are negative, I guess I could find a screw that would set flush in the exposed screw hole, or just not over-think it leave the screw hole and divots exposed.

Anyone have any feedback or similar experience, or a link to a source that might help answer my question?  I have left. message with Sig Customer Service, but haven't heard back from them.

Thanks

To answer your first questions, Sig just recently introduced a rear sight for the P226 X-FIVE that is designed to fit into the rear of the slide. 

It's available as a rear sight only, or a rear sight with front sight combination. Both are suppressor height.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive-xray3-backup-night-sight-set-suppressor-height.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive-xray3-suppressor-height-rear-backup-night-sight.html

As far as your second question I don't know. That is something I was also considering, but since Sig has finally come out with the rear sight designed for the X-5 I will be adding a Sig red dot and buying the rear iron sight.

23 hours ago, rlbuzz said:

To answer your first questions, Sig just recently introduced a rear sight for the P226 X-FIVE that is designed to fit into the rear of the slide. 

It's available as a rear sight only, or a rear sight with front sight combination. Both are suppressor height.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive-xray3-backup-night-sight-set-suppressor-height.html

https://www.sigsauer.com/p226-xfive-xray3-suppressor-height-rear-backup-night-sight.html

As far as your second question I don't know. That is something I was also considering, but since Sig has finally come out with the rear sight designed for the X-5 I will be adding a Sig red dot and buying the rear iron sight.

Thanks very much for this info.  The website shows both the rear sight and the sight set are currently out of stock, but I have signed up to be notified when they ate available.

As a follow-up to my original inquiry, I purchased the Leupold iron sight that is made specifically to attach to the rear of the DeltaPoint Pro optic.  Installed it on the DeltaPoint and installed the assembly on the P226 X5 Classic.  It fits perfectly and covers the exposed holes and "divots" where the OEM adjustable rear sight was originally installed.  It looks really clean, almost if Sig knew what they were doing when they designed this set-up on the pistol! 😛