Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GX products wait time.

TheChef1

How long did everyone wait? When I ordered I had to check a box to agree to a 12 week lead time. I’m just shy of 31 weeks now. 

getting ahold of him is extremely difficult but when I did he said it would be shipped that week. That was a couple weeks ago now. 

I have no problem waiting for quality but I definitely would not have ordered if I knew it would be this long. What I do have a problem with is quoting a time that you know DAMN well you’re not going to get close too. Even right now it says 16 weeks and I’ve seen people say they are still waiting after ordering in September. 

sounds like he needs to do the right thing and close the books until he gets caught up. 

anyone else have a better experience?

I ordered mine end of October. Still haven't received it yet. Sent a friendly message about a week ago asking what the new timeline is. Got a response a few days later saying it should be shipping out in a few more weeks. I knew it was going to be a long wait. Not this long but I'm in no rush. I'm fine with my basic holster and just see this as an eventual upgrade whenever I get it. 

Think I hit 32 weeks or so on an 8 week lead time on my first one.  Second one I think was about 25 weeks on a 16 week lead time.  I also found him difficult to get a hold of when I tried on the first one.  No e-mail response, saw message on the site saying to text, and he never responded to that either.  Texted again a week later and he said it would be sent within a week, and then got tracking maybe 2-3 weeks later.  I didn't even bother trying on the second one.  Just bought a RHT to use until it came and didn't think about it.

They are the nicest holsters I've come across, but the inaccurate lead times and lack of communication are terribly frustrating for sure.

Edited by fbzero

I follow on him on instagram, for awhile he was updating his progress. He finishes 8-10 holsters a day, when he’s putting in a full day.

I’m not sure what his order volume is and 8-10 a day might be enough to keep up with it. The problem is, he only produces holster on a part time basis. And during shooting season he barely works on it. His backlog is probably enormous.  

it’s a quality product, but no one wants to wait 6 months for a holster. 

As someone who used to be in the kydex holster business making over 100 a day for various companies, it is kind of ridiculous to have a wait time that long. There are many companies that offer cheap solutions for tooling to speed up the process of getting perfect quality holsters out to customers. I know of a couple local guys who shoot his holsters, while they are definitely better than RHT or similar there is no reason to have customers wait 32 weeks. I can think of a dozen shooters who have gone elsewhere just because they didn't want to wait. Shame to see a good product not mass produced at a high level. 

I use a local guy who does great work. Got the lock from Grainger and put a magnet on it that lines up with the bottom screw and it holds great. 

I have competition holsters, carry holsters and even a holster for my paster gun :)

The GX look great and the quality seems top notch but I feel my local guy does just as well and is fun to squad with too. 

Edited by truespode

On 6/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, VeilAndrew said:

I replaced a screw on my holster with a part from McmasterCarr for $17 and it took me 2 days of waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep.

https://imgur.com/a/0gF57bP

Why does anyone even bother? Sure, it’s a nice holster, but it’s just a bucket of kydex with a lock.

Hey, that looks familiar.

I think this can probably be adapted to several different holsters(I've also seen someone do it with a Comp-Tac International) and it works well.  Really solves the problem of how much retention is too much or too little.

IMG_7834 (2).jpg

I have a GX holster as well.  Good stuff, however, my story is virtually identical to the OPs.  Caveat Emptor, and all that. 

Edited by DirtyB

On 6/14/2023 at 8:51 AM, dgl503 said:

I ordered mine end of October. Still haven't received it yet. Sent a friendly message about a week ago asking what the new timeline is. Got a response a few days later saying it should be shipping out in a few more weeks. I knew it was going to be a long wait. Not this long but I'm in no rush. I'm fine with my basic holster and just see this as an eventual upgrade whenever I get it. 

I sent him a few messages before I purchased and never got a response. Decided to go for it anyway. After i purchased i ended up changing to a rival S from the polymer. I had to send 6 messages through various platforms to get response. He said he had a mold for the S and would change it. Thant was months ago. I sent a message 2.5 weeks ago. He said it would be going out the upcoming week. Saturday came around no tracking. Sent a message read but no response. Sent another follow up… you guessed it read and no response. This is no way to do business. The guy seems to do a lot of good for the sport but man that’s frustrating. 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:53 AM, fbzero said:

Think I hit 32 weeks or so on an 8 week lead time on my first one.  Second one I think was about 25 weeks on a 16 week lead time.  I also found him difficult to get a hold of when I tried on the first one.  No e-mail response, saw message on the site saying to text, and he never responded to that either.  Texted again a week later and he said it would be sent within a week, and then got tracking maybe 2-3 weeks later.  I didn't even bother trying on the second one.  Just bought a RHT to use until it came and didn't think about it.

They are the nicest holsters I've come across, but the inaccurate lead times and lack of communication are terribly frustrating for sure.

Yeah it’s not cool to have such inaccurate times. Let people choose whether they want to wait 6 months or not. 

On 6/14/2023 at 9:50 AM, Rich406 said:

I follow on him on instagram, for awhile he was updating his progress. He finishes 8-10 holsters a day, when he’s putting in a full day.

I’m not sure what his order volume is and 8-10 a day might be enough to keep up with it. The problem is, he only produces holster on a part time basis. And during shooting season he barely works on it. His backlog is probably enormous.  

it’s a quality product, but no one wants to wait 6 months for a holster. 

Yeah I see on instagram where he says “todays batch” but I feel like it’s BS and that’s multiple days work judging by the time in between those posts. 

On 6/14/2023 at 3:18 PM, IPSCLUVERRR said:

As someone who used to be in the kydex holster business making over 100 a day for various companies, it is kind of ridiculous to have a wait time that long. There are many companies that offer cheap solutions for tooling to speed up the process of getting perfect quality holsters out to customers. I know of a couple local guys who shoot his holsters, while they are definitely better than RHT or similar there is no reason to have customers wait 32 weeks. I can think of a dozen shooters who have gone elsewhere just because they didn't want to wait. Shame to see a good product not mass produced at a high level. 

Agreed. The holsters are good but not THAT good. I wonder how many people have switched gun platforms before getting their holster. 

On 6/14/2023 at 8:44 PM, truespode said:

I use a local guy who does great work. Got the lock from Grainger and put a magnet on it that lines up with the bottom screw and it holds great. 

I have competition holsters, carry holsters and even a holster for my paster gun :)

The GX look great and the quality seems top notch but I feel my local guy does just as well and is fun to squad with too. 

Post some pictures I want to see his work. 

On 6/14/2023 at 4:15 PM, VeilAndrew said:

I replaced a screw on my holster with a part from McmasterCarr for $17 and it took me 2 days of waiting for it to arrive at my doorstep.

https://imgur.com/a/0gF57bP

Why does anyone even bother? Sure, it’s a nice holster, but it’s just a bucket of kydex with a lock.

Hey can you link the one you used?